PDA

View Full Version : Do you cast a circle while meditating?

aluokaloo
March 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I don't usually. I personally see it as a waste of energy to cast a circle unless I'm doing something very specific like getting into a meditative state to contact my guides. And even then it's mostly when the guides are new.

Toki Wartooth
March 29th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I don't cast circles period, so I don't do it for meditation.

Agaliha
March 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
I don't cast circles period, so I don't do it for meditation.

Same.
:)

Teresa
March 29th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Only if I am going on a vision quest for a long length of time. A vision quest is something that I do take care to make sure all details have been covered.

Regular meditation, I never cast a circle.

Rudas Starblaze
March 29th, 2008, 12:51 AM
circles are boring. i prefer those funny trapizoid(sp) looking thingies. :lol:

actually no. i never cast a circle for anything. i often invite bad things in. :smile:

aluokaloo
March 29th, 2008, 01:05 AM
circles are boring. i prefer those funny trapizoid(sp) looking thingies. :lol:

actually no. i never cast a circle for anything. i often invite bad things in. :smile:

touche' actually wanna know the honest truth. I haven't cast a circle for ages cause I'm too lazy to cast them! Bad aluo! Bad! Hmm must get boyfriend to spank me.:deviltail

SilverClaw
March 29th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Nope I cannot say for meditation that I do, I just sit and go into med mode :D

TheWomanMonster
March 29th, 2008, 02:43 AM
no I don't cast circle for meditation (or most other things).

Philosophia
March 29th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I don't usually. I personally see it as a waste of energy to cast a circle unless I'm doing something very specific like getting into a meditative state to contact my guides. And even then it's mostly when the guides are new.

No, I don't cast circles for meditation. I only cast circles for serious workings.

Against The Tide
March 29th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Never, I only circle to keep energy in (witches circle) or bad things out (magicians circle) my meditations are normally mundane enough not to bother.

rawrTigress
April 15th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I often will cast circles while I do my meditation. Meditation is such an amazing tool that we can use to talk to our guides, The Gods, explore our universe, unlock mysteries, etc... I know when I meditate, I want to be sure I'm talking to my guides and not some passing by spirit trying to trick me. Not only is it good to cast circles to keep negative things out, but casting a circle can also raise our energy and awareness. Raising awareness is great for meditation.

Cassie
April 15th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Not usually, but if it is combined with some kind magical working or is part of a more involved ritual, then yes.

Lunacie
April 15th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Meditation happens for me when my physical body is busy doing some mindless task, like washing the dishes, or mopping the floor, or mowing the grass... so no, I don't cast a circle then. However, if I were to sit down and actually try to meditate I might cast a circle. As rawTigress wrote, it can be a good way of establishing focus and concentrating the energies.

However (again), since I maintain wards on my home I probably wouldn't cast a circle if I were doing meditation here at home.

Son of Deborah
May 6th, 2008, 12:21 AM
If I am going to do a serious meditation, I will usually cast a circle. Here's why: if the meditation goes very well, or gets intense, it will usually lead to astral work, and I always cast circles for that. So, instead of having to bring myself out of the heightened state to cast, or having to hold myself back from OOB, I just cast the circle to be prepared.

For lighter or impromptu meditations, like the ones Lunacie spoke of, I do not cast. In fact, one of my favorite places for meditation is on the elliptical machine at the gym. Just imagine you are running through a wooded glade, sunshine through the trees, the wind in your face. But be careful... you can easily exceed your recommended heart rate this way :lol:

Nitefalle
May 15th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I don't cast circles anyway, I call upon the Three Realms. I don't meditate as often as I should, but when I do I like to be open to whatever the gods or my spirit guide have to tell me and I find that I focus better and have a deeper experience when I am open to all Three Realms rather than just the "mundane" world around me.

~Belladonna~
May 16th, 2008, 09:03 AM
No, I don't. Saying that though, I have done on the odd occasion in the past but it's a very rare thing for me to do.