PDA

View Full Version : Clintons' wealth skyrockets by 5,600 percent

Laisrean
April 5th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Link (http://deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/04/04/861315.aspx)

Hillary and Bill Clintons' wealth has skyrocketed to more than $20 million last year, a staggering 5,600 percent increase since President Clinton left the White House, according to their newly released tax records.

In Clinton’s last full year in office, 2000, he and Mrs. Clinton earned $357,026. Last year, their estimated total income was $20.4 million. That is an increase of more than 5,600 percent.

Most of the Clintons’ newfound wealth comes from lucrative speeches and books. In the seven years since the Clintons left the White House, President Clinton has earned $51.8 million in speeches around the globe. The president’s book royalties total $29.5 million for that same period, and Senator Clinton’s book payments total $10.4 million, the Clinton campaign reported today.

Looks like Bill and Hill are living high on the hog.

Rudas Starblaze
April 5th, 2008, 04:33 AM
sickening isnt it? (it is to me anyway.)

LostSheep
April 5th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Can a President earn (earn?) money from book sales, etc., while they're in office, or do they have to make do with the official salary? In which case, maybe Hillary'll decide that she wouldn't want to take that much of a cut in income, and stick to the books. I'd be interested to find out how much GW would make from his book when he gets round to writing it... though I suspect we'll be in for a long wait, unless they pad it out with a lot of pictures.

:-/

David19
April 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Can a President earn (earn?) money from book sales, etc., while they're in office, or do they have to make do with the official salary? In which case, maybe Hillary'll decide that she wouldn't want to take that much of a cut in income, and stick to the books. I'd be interested to find out how much GW would make from his book when he gets round to writing it... though I suspect we'll be in for a long wait, unless they pad it out with a lot of pictures.

:-/

Most likely Bush's book will be a picture one, think of 'The Little Engine That Could', maybe it'll be 'The President That Could'.

That or it'll be written by someone and all Bush will do is sign his name to it (if he could even do that, maybe someone would show him how!).

Nox_Mortus
April 5th, 2008, 03:10 PM
this isn't surprising, especially since both of their books where bestsellers (and Bills was actually a pretty good read too)

pawnman
April 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
sickening isnt it? (it is to me anyway.)

Especially when she harps on the plight of the middle class.