PDA

View Full Version : Woman forced to drink own breastmilk

Myst
August 14th, 2002, 08:52 AM
In news of the weird...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/08/08/airport.breastmilk.ap/index.html

shnen
August 14th, 2002, 08:55 AM
What the heck? Geez... :mad: how aggrivating....

Faery-Wings
August 14th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Another WTF incident.... :mad:

But what also gets me (ok I am in a pissy mood here) , the mother says "She called it "embarrassing and disgusting." Embarrassing, I can understand, but disgusting? Since when is breastmilk *disgusting*? Doesn't she feed it to her baby??

(don't mind me, I just hate people today ;))

Melysande
August 14th, 2002, 09:09 AM
The guy on my radio station's morning show drank breast milk as part of a dare and he said it tasted disgusting and that he felt sick for several hours afterward.

As to the fact that they made her drink it, why didn't she just offer to feed some to her baby instead?

Man.... if something like that ever happens to me in an airport, I will OWN them.

**edited because "readio" is not a word**

shnen
August 14th, 2002, 09:10 AM
I know i found that a bit weird as well.. maybe disgusting in the "having a guy make me do this in an airport" way... Or the fact that it was probably warm... I dunno.. I would hope she didn't mean it the way it sounded... *sigh*

Myst
August 14th, 2002, 09:14 AM
I have no clue, altho I have a friend who says it tastes awful too. Maybe the taste only appeals to babies?

*shrugs* I have no clue.

Melysande
August 14th, 2002, 09:20 AM
**nods** I'm guessing it's too rich and has too much iron in it for our liking.

You'd think we'd find people milk in stores, rather than robbing it from cows. I mean, if you really think about it, it's very unnatural to drink the milk of another species. Are there any other animals in the world that do this?

**shrugs** Ah well. I still like moo juice.

shnen
August 14th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Melysande
**nods** I'm guessing it's too rich and has too much iron in it for our liking.

You'd think we'd find people milk in stores, rather than robbing it from cows. I mean, if you really think about it, it's very unnatural to drink the milk of another species. Are there any other animals in the world that do this?

**shrugs** Ah well. I still like moo juice.

thats why I stopped drinking "moo juice" :lol:

all soy for me baby! ;)

Melysande
August 14th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Soy milk is good too. (I just like the chocolate soy milk a little sweeter than they make it, so I add sugar. :p )

Danustouch
August 14th, 2002, 10:19 AM
I actually watched a part of a "Talk Back Live" episode, which featured this story. The panel consisted of her lawyer, and a lawyer for the airline. The woman indeed did mean to say "Disgusting" as in the way of "Gross". Embarrassing, I could totally understand, Disgusting? Well..guess that's a matter of opinion. Many people recoil at the idea of consuming their own body fluids. I don't really think i'd want to drink my own breast milk, either, quite frankly, though I would feed it to my child.

I think the situation is appalling. Don't they have dogs patrolling airports now which can sniff out bombs, drugs, and chemichals? Shouldn't that have been enough? If they were concerned about radioactivity, don't they have hand held monitors for such things now? I mean...Not only did she NOT fit any profile of a terrorist, but...come on...anyone with common sense would realize the sensitivity of the issue, and try to make it as comfortable as possible for a nursing mother. There must have been a better way! Why didn't they feed a bit of the material to one of the drug/bomb sniffing dogs? I could think of a million and one better ways for them to have "checked it out" if they thought it suspicious.

Flaire-FireStar
August 14th, 2002, 12:34 PM
"None of that bothered her," Kuby said. "Only when she was ordered to drink the breast milk did she fail to see the connection to stopping terrorism."

I have to agree with that quote. I don't see the connection either - it's not exactly like she's gonna force the person next to her to drink *poison* or anything. Someone would see something, etc, etc, etc.

:rolleyes:

Old Witch
August 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Maybe they thought it was a liquid explosive........anthrax in a bottle.....acid to throw in the pilots face.......Would they make all Mothers drink their babies bottles and let all babies starve and scream on flights???....This person was one dumbass smartass!! (scuse my French)

Semele
August 14th, 2002, 04:28 PM
I am afraid I would have refused and made such a fuss that the SOB in question would rue the day he meet me. That is BS!!! Better yet she could have exposed her breast and squirted him a faceful and asked if this needed to be tested as well!!

Faery-Wings
August 14th, 2002, 04:48 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Lavender
August 14th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Ack! That stuff is like liquid gold! What a waste!

Flar's Freyja
August 14th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Myst
I have no clue, altho I have a friend who says it tastes awful too. Maybe the taste only appeals to babies?

*shrugs* I have no clue.

My ex-husband loved it. I was a member of a LaLeche League group and some of the women actually put it in their coffee. I nursed all three of mine and have tasted it. It's very sweet but not something I'd use regularly!

I was in a Sears store once and took my oldest into the ladies' room to feed him. Two old ladies looked at me like "isn't that disgusting?" I thought this was extremely out of line because I took the baby into a private area to feed him. P*$$ed me off.

Faery-Wings
August 14th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Not to get into details *ahem* but my hubby has tasted breastmilk before and said not bad! But that might have been for part of the whole package. *ahem* Blush.

Valnorran
August 17th, 2002, 12:22 PM
It has been a few years, but I seem to recall my wife's tasting rather sweet. She had some serious pressure going on, too. I conservatively estimate about 80 psi :) Actually, I found it to be the single most intense turn-on of my life. That and her round, pregnant belly. They were like the ultimate acts of femininity. I've ben tempted to get her pregnent again just for those benefits!

Yvonne Belisle
August 17th, 2002, 12:39 PM
That must be a male thing. lol

Danustouch
August 17th, 2002, 02:42 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Witchy Cowgirl
August 18th, 2002, 09:02 AM
How rude!

Sequoia
August 23rd, 2002, 07:39 PM
*can't help a giggle at valnorran* I actually find that sweet, for some reason!

-_- come on, you stupidhead security people. . . dork-assists, all of them. :mad: How can they be that stupid? "ooh this evil, evil breastmilk of doom is going to be key in the terrorist attack on our country! We must not let the obviously lactating mother onto the plane! The baby has a pen-knife! Stop them!" Really. . . *shakes her head* What on earth was that guy thinking? *rolls her eyes*

Bryony
August 26th, 2002, 04:12 PM
my mom was a Leleche league leader, also. She tells me it tastes like melted vanilla ice cream. That security guy was just giving her a bad time, and should be fired!!! Why not just insult his own mother?!?!
Breast feeding is wayyy more natural than bottle feeding, and since we women were given a way to feed our babies at no extra cost, I see no reason to deplete a child's intelligence (as studies show) or mal-nourish them. Seriously, most of the teenagers at school breast-feed their babies, we have an extra classroom-area for breast-feeding. The girls aren't harrassed, either.
That security guard and others like him have something coming, not sure of what, but it will be big. What an IDIOT!

MoonRaven
August 27th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Hmm..

Do you suppose that guard was breast-fed when he was a baby?
Maybe he's got that whole bitter resentment thing going on...

Sequoia
August 27th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by MoonRaven
Hmm..

Do you suppose that guard was breast-fed when he was a baby?
Maybe he's got that whole bitter resentment thing going on...

8O :rotfl:

Autumn
October 12th, 2002, 08:51 PM
sounds like he was on a major power trip!

No more no less!

I am still laughing at the picture Semele presented....Squirt, right in his bugged out eyes! ROTFLMAO!!!