PDA

View Full Version : MENTORS - Question

RainInanna
April 23rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
Hi guys,

There is talk of having a special section that is kind of a merged Mentors/Circle of Teaching kind of thing. Meaning, you could post lesson plans or training materials, or just ideas and sketches you've used to help guide or counsel newbies. You would also be welcome to come up with informative articles and teaching materials, but would not be required to run an ongoing class that needs to be organized etc. Basically you'd be sharing materials as you like, and welcome to respond to newbies about it, but not obligated to run an official training program. You are welcome to post on subjects already covered in CoT or the Library of course, just wouldn't need the formality of actual classes.

Does that make sense? Is anyone up for it?

Tanya
April 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
sure..

Nitefalle
April 30th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Would each mentor have their own thread? Or would it be split by path or subject? Or just random threads all in one forum?

Zephyrstorm
April 30th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Would each mentor have their own thread? Or would it be split by path or subject? Or just random threads all in one forum?

What she said.
It might be interesting to have.

Windsmith
April 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Uh, that's...weird, to me. I tailor my mentoring to my mentoree, based on their needs and interests. I wouldn't be comfortable to post any boilerplate sort of lesson for all the (MW)world to wander in and see.

It wouldn't be mandatory, would it?

GEBS
April 30th, 2008, 02:02 PM

Soon the CoT will be moved off site. We're giving it its own home. I would like to have a section of articles and self guided courses created by the Mentors for new people that are a little hesitant to contact someone or take a live course. On the page of the article or in the class credits would probably be your contact info (your MW profile, no private info) for the user to contact if they are interested in requesting you as a Mentor.

Uh, that's...weird, to me. I tailor my mentoring to my mentoree, based on their needs and interests. I wouldn't be comfortable to post any boilerplate sort of lesson for all the (MW)world to wander in and see.

It wouldn't be mandatory, would it?

It would definitely NOT be mandatory.

I would like those that are comfortable to participate but if you would prefer to keep things tailored I understand. I think we might be able to reach more people if they can get a feel for things before they contact someone. I know I am a very shy person. If I had access to lessons that someone prepared I would use that first. Then when I felt comfortable I would contact the author of the class for mentoring. I'm trying to give those people a resource they feel comfortable with until they feel ready for personal instruction.

Does that make more sense?

RubyRose
May 1st, 2008, 04:01 AM
I'd be up for it.

Zephyrstorm
May 1st, 2008, 08:42 AM
That'd work for me.

Nitefalle
June 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I would give it a try, definitely.