PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton's hidden motives?

Brightshores
April 25th, 2008, 11:23 PM
From: http://blogs.reuters.com/trail08/2008/04/24/top-house-democrat-denounces-clinton-campaign-tactics/

House Democratic Whip James Clyburn (http://clyburn.house.gov/jimintro.cfm), of South Carolina and the highest ranking black in Congress, also said he has heard speculation that Clinton is staying in the race only to try to derail Obama and pave the way for her to make another White House run in 2012.
(snip)
The purported theory is that an Obama defeat in November against Republican presidential candidate John McCain would let Clinton make another presidential bid in four years, Clyburn said.

There's also a video about this from MSNBC here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/24319093#24319093

An interesting theory, and one that could explain why Clinton hasn't even considered withdrawing from the race. I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but the fact that it's coming from the third highest ranking Democrat in Congress gives it at least some credibility.

So - is this Clinton's worst-case-scenario strategy, or is it just another nasty rumor in a campaign full of them?

Cake-eating_Moth
April 25th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Very possible. I wouldn't put it past that lying snake (Aaah, nasty words from a nasty person - being me! *evil laugh*:T ).

Lessarey
April 25th, 2008, 11:35 PM
i'm going for another rumor...but then so what if she's staying so that she can have another crack at it in 2012, i say more power to her

Laisrean
April 25th, 2008, 11:46 PM
i'm going for another rumor...but then so what if she's staying so that she can have another crack at it in 2012, i say more power to her

Yep. More power to her, and less power to the Democrats. That's why I don't understand why Republicans seem to hate her so much. She's doing more to undermine the Democrats chances in this election than even McCain.

Philosophia
April 26th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Yep. More power to her, and less power to the Democrats. That's why I don't understand why Republicans seem to hate her so much. She's doing more to undermine the Democrats chances in this election than even McCain.

From what I've read, McCain and Hilary are good friends.

Brightshores
April 26th, 2008, 12:17 AM
but then so what if she's staying so that she can have another crack at it in 2012, i say more power to her
I think the general idea is that it's less than honorable to torpedo one's own political party for a chance at grabbing more power.

I think the Republican hatred of the Clintons stems a lot more from the '90s than from anything either has done during this election cycle. I agree - they've definitely done quite a bit to help the Republicans. Perhaps she should switch parties?
:T

Laisrean
April 26th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I think the Republican hatred of the Clintons stems a lot more from the '90s than from anything either has done during this election cycle. I agree - they've definitely done quite a bit to help the Republicans. Perhaps she should switch parties?
:T

I think Michael Moore has said Bill Clinton was the best Republican president this country ever had.