PDA

View Full Version : Beltaine

dynamic_solstice
April 29th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Its the normal for me!!!

Going down to the Church to carry out a ritual (Saturday). I'm calling East and West and have rather a large part of the ritual to conduct!!!

I have my outfit (My Mums). An old Laura Ashley Dress from yonks ago!!! Big white collar, ribbons and floral pattern! I adore it!!!

So whats everybody else doing??? I'd love to know!:bigredgri

Tanya
April 29th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Celebrating Samhain.

Australia's upsside down from most of ya'll

Meadhbh
April 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I have to get my plans together today so I can go and get what I need. I so don't plan ahead.

teishabee
April 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Just go for a walk and say my blessings.

gregoirewitch
April 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM
All of yours sounds magickal/lovely. I am going to set my ritual up on my kitchen table so my son can see (he's only 3) and connect with my goddess and god: the Morrighan and the Great Horned One. Going to be witchy-magickal!!!...hehehe (she cackles)

Amanda Mitchell
April 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
:foopsies: I didn't even realize Beltaine was coming up.

Solya
April 30th, 2008, 05:06 AM
My Mum and Dad promised to take me to the biggest crystal store around tomorrow, so that'll be most of my Beltaine celebration. Because I still live at home, I don't really have room for elaborate rituals most of the time... though I think I might start to write in my Book of Shadows tomorrow. Don't really have any ideas apart from that, either, so this suits me just fine.

Rudas Starblaze
April 30th, 2008, 05:45 AM
i gotta work so ill be spending mine with a bunch of less than intelligent men with constant loud noise.

then ill get off of work, drink as i usually do, and get on MW.

SilverClaw
April 30th, 2008, 05:47 AM
I hope to do some spell work with my kids and planting that is about it.

Pink_sheep
April 30th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Today:
Clean & purify the house. I REALLY needed a tidy-up!
Make incense and work on a ritual for tomorrow.
Set out altar

Tomorrow:
Go for a long walk.
Get food in for a special dinner.
Ritual

Got a few ideas for the ritual already, going to go through a few books and websites later and see if they give me any better ideas first though! I want to do something special to give thanks for all the good things that have been happening to me recently!

Windsmith
April 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
My wife and I will be spending this weekend at the Living Green Expo (http://www.livinggreen.org/), and we're going to do it with ritual intent and turn it into our May Day festival. We're all a-twitter.

dynamic_solstice
May 2nd, 2008, 04:31 AM
Yesterday I did a Beltaine ritual with my parents at Atoinjya Dragonhyde!

I wrote my own ritual which was performed in a circle around the tree. Mum helped me to cast and both of my parents called the elements, albeit rather disjointedly! (They are rookies!)

I also did a unity ceremony with my chalice, athame, water (taken from the pond surrounding Atoinjyas guard tree and some rock salt. When the ritual was finished the water and salt solution was poured onto Atoinjyas sensitive spot and health, happiness and strength was given to her!

The ritual was fantastic and my parents have finally learnt what a real ritual is. You know what? They loved it!:boing: Although Mum thought it was her second marriage, especially when the 3 of us held hands!:hehehehe:

Windsmith
May 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
I also did a unity ceremony with my chalice, athame, water (taken from the pond surrounding Atoinjyas guard tree and some rock salt. When the ritual was finished the water and salt solution was poured onto Atoinjyas sensitive spot and health, happiness and strength was given to her!Um, somebody correct me if I'm way off-base here, but isn't salt pretty dreadful for trees?

gregoirewitch
May 2nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
I envy you. None of my family know that I'm Pagan/Wiccan. They are not an openminded bunch. All they are aware of is that I love hauntings/paranormal stuff, play with tarot decks and love to wear dark, gothy clothes sometimes. Right now, it's all they need to know.

dynamic_solstice
May 4th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Just to stop you worrying! Yes, salt is bad for trees! The salt I used was diluted with a lot of water and only a small amount of this was poured onto the trunk!

Beltaine

Our church Beltaine celebrations were fantastic! We set up a beautiful outdoor altar, which even featured my painting (pictured) and conducted a beautiful ritual, showing marriage of Goddess and God with the traditional twin fires and stones.

I wore that amazing dress my mother gave to me (pictured) and even placed a piece of Atoinjya onto the altar to be blessed!

Overall a fantastic evening! )0(

http://mysticwicks.com/picture.php?albumid=175&pictureid=1536http://mysticwicks.com/picture.php?albumid=175&pictureid=1533

Silverfire Darkmoon
May 4th, 2008, 11:28 AM
My public group ritual was pretty good. All the ladies wore flower crowns. We had two priestesses (one of whom was me teacher, yey!) and two priests (one of whom was me, doing double duty as Fetch and priest). We made a little wicker man, tied strips of green cloth on which we'd written things we were grateful for to him, then took him outside and torched him :) Then there was feasting and much merriment.

Kaliel
May 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well,

I was going to go and meet a group out at the park for Beltane in the Park, but now it's raining and snowing, and it's -2, and I just don't know how long I'd last with that kind of weather going on here.

I wish it would stop and be a sunny day already.

Blessings,
Kaliel

Gypsyballad
May 5th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I envy you too, Dynamic Solstice. Your parents are really cool!