PDA

View Full Version : Austrian man kept daughter prisoner for 24 years

Iris
April 29th, 2008, 08:27 PM
...and had 7 children by her...

Link to the story... (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/europe/josef-fritzl-the-man-who-haunts-austria-817212.html)

Glowy
April 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I know!! This is so terrible. That poor women and her children

Willow Rosette
April 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I read about this yesterday. 2 of the children live with Grandparents somewhere, 3 where kept in the basement with her and 1 died. I cannot figure out how the mother could live in that house and not think something was wrong.

mephistopheles
April 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I just read that story the other day. Its ****ed up...

Flaire-FireStar
April 29th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Now this, I did see on the news.

:goodgrief: It's unbelievable what some people will do.
..and that no one knew she was there.

Sequoia
April 29th, 2008, 09:14 PM
There is no way that the woman's mother could not have known.

This is seriously ****ed up.

TheWomanMonster
April 29th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Yep she was locked up the year I was born... twisted shit that.

I wonder if perhaps the Mother knew or if maybe she was also abused by this man and withdrew from the world so much that she didn't notice...
It will be intriguing to see what comes of this, and I hope that the woman and her kids can heal from this over time and go on to live a healthy life.

RubyRose
April 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah I saw this on the news. Crazy stuff.

WitchOfEndor
April 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Horrible, that poor woman & kids. How do you recover from something like that.... :(

Caitlin.ann
April 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Wow.:(

Dragon Moon
April 29th, 2008, 11:08 PM
There are no words. :( :sick:

Cassie
May 1st, 2008, 09:14 AM
This is the second case of wierd sexual imprisonment in Austria in a couple of years. The last case involved a girl who had been kept prisoner in a hidden celler and abused throughout her childhood and teens. (She has gone on to become a strange kind of celebrity and has been used by some TV companies to give 'expert insight' into this latest case.)
The Austrian media and general population are doing a lot of soul searching about how these terrible things could have happened without anyone realising.