PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Likes Obama's Foreign Policy

Laisrean
May 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/02/paul-not-ready-to-endorse-mccain-likes-obamas-foreign-policy/)

(CNN) — Even though Rep. Ron Paul has never officially ended his long shot presidential bid, he’s ready to weigh in on the three remaining major candidates for the White House.

In an interview on The Situation Room, Paul told Wolf Blitzer that endorsing Sen. John McCain, the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee, “would really confuse” his supporters “because they know we have a precise program and we have to defend that program.”

Perhaps Paul could become Obama's running mate?

Pagan Warrior
May 5th, 2008, 01:16 PM
That would be ..... well weird to say the least! But ... it would certainly give Obama a leg up over McCain. And to be quite honest I'd much prefer a mixed presidential ticket with a Democratic president and a Republican/Libertarian Vice President. I don't think the "powers that be" would permit such a thing.

Laisrean
May 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM
That would be ..... well weird to say the least! But ... it would certainly give Obama a leg up over McCain. And to be quite honest I'd much prefer a mixed presidential ticket with a Democratic president and a Republican/Libertarian Vice President. I don't think the "powers that be" would permit such a thing.

Plus if Obama had a white conservative running mate that would pretty much shatter any of that stigma he is suffering from the Rev. Wright controversy. Unfortunately, aside from foreign policy, I doubt these two men would agree on much.

LostSheep
May 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Great Scott, have they still got to decide that yet?? They're still so busy fighting each other that they haven't had time to even think about the actual campiagn yet? They need to get themselves sorted out, quickly.