PDA

View Full Version : Starting to "feel" stuff

Deb13b
May 11th, 2008, 06:57 AM
It's only in the last 6 months or so that I have noticed any psychic abilities starting to kick-in. There hasn't been a lot. I've written things down that have "come to me" to see if they happen & they do. Just simple things, nothing major.

Last week someone I know took their own life very near where I work. I didn't know her very well but she was a lovely, friendly person & I was stunned, saddened, that she had ended her life. The shift at work that day was a very subdued one, everyone was shocked that it had happened.

While I was at work I could feel her sadness, it was like a feeling of black despair washing over me. I've never experienced anything like this. It didn't frighten me at all, it just made me feel incredibly sad.

This was less than 24 hours after she had done it, so maybe I picked up on it because it had only just happened ?

I would like to hear your thoughts on this, & also suggestions on things I can do to develop whatever abilities I may have.

Lunacie
May 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
For me, picking up on things like that is often a mixture of what the person themselves may have felt, as well as all the feelings that all of the people who knew them or simply heard about them are feeling, all mixed in with my own personal reactions and feelings. For an Empath, it can be difficult to sort out all those feelings and be sure where each of them is coming from.

Congrats on becoming more open. I think we humans were built to be more open and to sense things psychically as well as mentally, psychically, by touch and taste and smell. Somewhere along the line it became popular to teach children that there are only 5 senses. Even when the media became entralled with a 6th sense, no one really understood what that was.

It's another thing that annoys me about Western culture, especially Western medicine, this pidgeonholeing of bits and pieces of what makes us human, when really it's alll integrated and part of the whole. When it's working right, it all works together. When it's not working together, we get sick. Does that mean I think we're creating a lot of our own illness? Maybe so. But that is getting pretty far off topic, so I'll stop writing now. :hahugh: