PDA

View Full Version : Fireman Loses Everything

synopa
May 14th, 2008, 08:36 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasurecoast/content/tcoast/epaper/2008/05/13/0513slcfighter.html

Allen Civita has been on the firecrew for 15 years. He lost most of his possessions this week due to the fires out of Fl. You can read the official story at the link above. However, what they didnt mention. Mr Civita had a collection of firemen tee shirts. He had collected them from all around the world. They were lost as well. The local community will gather up money, clothing and food for the family. But some of his friends have decided to try to restore his tee shirt collection. If you are a member of your fire dept, a fireman yourself........or just feel like doing a good deed, to send him a fireman teeshirt from your local firestation. It would go far in restoring his collection. Size is unimportant as he dosent wear them. If your interested, pm me for an address.

thanks, synopa

ps, hope this dont violate any forum rules. If it does delete!

mrsfoamy
May 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the personalized story, the local paper here hasn't provided to many of these. I've been in the middle of all this and today things are much better, they even have a suspect in custody, as these fires have proven to be arson. I personally know 3 people who lost homes and am ready to help out as soon as they start announcing the needs.
I've been pretty much in a state of shock since Sunday and I'm starting to feel a little better today, and ready to gives thanks for all I have and for those watching over me.

synopa
May 14th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm actually in Tn myself, but this fireman is a friend of a close friend!

I am apalled that anyone would add to the defestation deliberately. I feel for the entire communtiy.