PDA

View Full Version : Obama welcomes Edwards endorsement, even if tardy

Xander67
May 15th, 2008, 04:32 AM
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - It would have meant more in February or March, but John Edwards' endorsement of Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination was welcomed nonetheless by a politician eager to turn the page.

Edwards' surprise appearance at a rally Wednesday steered some of the attention away from Hillary Rodham Clinton's landslide win over Obama in Tuesday's West Virginia primary. Despite the victory, the former first lady faces long odds in trying to deny Obama the presidential nomination

:foh: well excuse me for taking the time to decide.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/ap_on_el_pr/obama_edwards

Cassie
May 15th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I think it meant more now, neutralising the effect of Clinton's recent win and keeping the momentum firmly in the Obama camp.

Xander67
May 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Yeah, and you can't exactly blame him for taking his time deciding, I would have thought he would have Backed hillary for sure,

LostSheep
May 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I'm just wondering, when does the actual election campaign itself start? I mean, it's still Democrat versus Democrat, still, they haven't even begun to get to the stage where they begin to try to persuade people to vote for them actually for President. Does it usually go on this long, or is Hillary's stubbornness dragging it out longer than usual? There must be a cut off point somewhere, surely?

Cassie
May 15th, 2008, 04:49 AM
I think an Obama/Edwards ticket is more likely than the Obama/Clinton dream ticket anyway...

Xander67
May 15th, 2008, 04:51 AM
after the primaries are done with, both parties have their conventions at which time they officially nominate their party's chosen candidate...

then the real fun starts.

Xander67
May 15th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I think an Obama/Edwards ticket is more likely than the Obama/Clinton dream ticket anyway...

oh I agree, after the way those two have been going after each other, they would have a hard time selling the American voters on that ticket. They both clearly have a different vision.

Kadynas
May 15th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Lost Sheep: It should be over in June... that's when the last of the primaries will be over with. I don't remember ever seeing such a tight race before... I just wish they'd get it over with already! Neither one was my first choice, but if Edwards gets on the ticket, that might sway me a bit.