PDA

View Full Version : Recent rentals

SoulFire
May 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Last night, my partner and I rented The Golden Compass and 30 Days of Night. Here are my reviews:

The Golden Compass was okay, actually better than I expected. I do have a few complaints: namely that the characters were under-developed. The little girl carried the movie. I was also disappointed in the "witches" and the soundtrack, which at times was bombastic.

30 Days of Night: Awful. Skip it. The actors who played the vampires were lame. Most shocking scene: a man gets his head chopped off. I mean, really gruesome, too. :hairraise No back story explaining where the vampires originated.

Last week, we saw Iron Man, which FAR exceeded my expectations. It is better than Batman Begins. Never thought I'd say that. :thumbsup:

In other news, Season 6 of Bewitched is out on DVD. :broomride Woo-hoo! :awilly: Can't wait!

What's more, the newly remastered Xanadu is coming out on DVD soon. :woot:

Now that most TV shows are about to end for the summer, what's a boy to do? The only shows I watch regularly are Bones and House. So we'll likely finish up the third season of Dr. Who (new series) and Battlestar Gallatica (new series also). I'm also starting on my other childhood favorite: Dark Shadows :bat: and planning to revisit Buffy. :fpompoms

Lots of films to see this summer: X-Files, Hellboy, :deviltail and Indiana Jones. :spaceman: When are they going to make a Wonder Woman movie?

Okay, need tea now... :javaswim:

Flux
May 19th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Seeing that we have similar tastes ('cept for the Xanadu and Bewitched :hahugh:), I thought I'd ask if you've watched Serenity and the short-lived, but fabulous series, Firefly. So, have you? I recommend both! We just started watching Dr. Who. I love it! And Battlestar G is good too, although season three was kind of droopy.

I swear I heard a whisper of a Wonder Woman movie somewhere???

SoulFire
May 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, we watched both Serenity and Firefly. I am not liking season three of Battlestar Gallatica however. Currently, the Woman Woman movie is listed as "in production" and scheduled for release in '09, according to imdb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/), but I heard that it was on hold while another studio is filming the Justice League. To date, no one has been cast to play Wonder Woman, though there have been a LOT of rumors, but that's all they are--rumors.