PDA

View Full Version : Talk about injustice!

LotusFlower
May 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
:strike:

Caitlin.ann
May 16th, 2008, 12:25 PM
It suck but its good that he's able to finally live his life. In anycase, we all know there are issues in the system and we know we need to fix them. Instead of being angry, why not spend your energy towards helping solve those isues? Being angry gets less done than actually doing something. He's not angry either, why should we be?

WitchJezebel
May 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I think he's got a positive outlook and working towards being part of society as it is now. This can no doubt be very difficult for him; he's out of prison afer 27 years and so much has changed. I hope things really go well for him.

I agree the system is flawed and I think we do need to make a stand and make some much needed changes.

LotusFlower
May 16th, 2008, 12:49 PM
:strike:

Caitlin.ann
May 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yeah I see where you're coming from and you're right. I guess we could contact our senators or something?

Djiril
May 16th, 2008, 03:08 PM
But bad luck -- or maybe even bad faith -- put Woodard in prison in the first place. Woodard's attorney says prosecutors in the Dallas County district attorney's office sat on information that could have kept Woodard out of prison.
The jury believed Woodard was the last person seen with the victim. But according to court records, there were two other men that were with her. Police never followed up on the lead and prosecutors never shared the information with defense attorneys, even though they were legally obligated to do so.

This is the worse part. :(

Philosophia
May 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM
It suck but its good that he's able to finally live his life. In anycase, we all know there are issues in the system and we know we need to fix them. Instead of being angry, why not spend your energy towards helping solve those isues? Being angry gets less done than actually doing something. He's not angry either, why should we be?

Sometimes anger helps to get things done. In this case, anger could be the fuel that helps change the system for the better.