PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Experience, but what does it mean???

peggarty
June 1st, 2008, 07:31 PM
Last week, at my coven, the HP took us through a guided meditation, and led us to a point where we were allowed to wander freely for a while, and just see for ourselves where we could go and who we could meet there.

It was a lovely free experience, but there was a lot of symbolism, and I've been trying to work out what it could all mean . . .

So, I wandered off from the main path, and down a dark lane, which widened out a little and was lined at either side by Centaurs, who stepped back a little, and bowed as I passed them. Overhead, and Pegasus and a Phoenix were flying, kind of circling, and as I approached the clearing at the end of the path, I found myself hugging a Unicorn - although I wasn't allowed to touch his horn - he said it was too sacred and powerful for me to touch at that time.

The HP then interrupted our meanderings, and told us that the Goddess and the God were coming, and that they had a message for us all.

At that time I saw myself, in about 35 - 40 years time, as an old lady, running a well established Pagan shop, although I didn't feel my husband's presence around me at the time.

Now I know it sounds quite far fetched, and a little imaginative, but any ideas on what it could mean??

Lunacie
June 1st, 2008, 08:36 PM
Last week, at my coven, the HP took us through a guided meditation, and led us to a point where we were allowed to wander freely for a while, and just see for ourselves where we could go and who we could meet there.

It was a lovely free experience, but there was a lot of symbolism, and I've been trying to work out what it could all mean . . .

So, I wandered off from the main path, and down a dark lane, which widened out a little and was lined at either side by Centaurs, who stepped back a little, and bowed as I passed them. Overhead, and Pegasus and a Phoenix were flying, kind of circling, and as I approached the clearing at the end of the path, I found myself hugging a Unicorn - although I wasn't allowed to touch his horn - he said it was too sacred and powerful for me to touch at that time.

The HP then interrupted our meanderings, and told us that the Goddess and the God were coming, and that they had a message for us all.

At that time I saw myself, in about 35 - 40 years time, as an old lady, running a well established Pagan shop, although I didn't feel my husband's presence around me at the time.

Now I know it sounds quite far fetched, and a little imaginative, but any ideas on what it could mean??

I love guided meditations. I need to look for some on casette or something, since I'm now the leader of my grove and I'm the one doing the talking. :lol:

I know more about the meaning of animal guides than I do about the symbology of mythical guides. Perhaps someone else will able to shed some light on the centaurs and phoenix and Pegasus and Unicorn.

Is your hubby quite a bit older than you? Or do you know if he has a family history of death from cancer or heart attack rather than old age?

I have worked in a Pagan shop, that was a great experience. I imagine there is quite a bit more work to running one, but it sounds like something for you to look forward to, and work towards if it actually interests you.

Astara Seague
June 1st, 2008, 11:39 PM
Guided meditations are alot of fun and quite the adventure.. I have led a few myself..what you experiance is unique to you..
I suggest you look up some of the meaning of the creatures you were with and what eachs personality traits are and then relate them to your life and the things going on at the moment inside of you
this type of info can give you a great insight you have proably never thought of before

mtpathy
June 1st, 2008, 11:48 PM
not everything has to have some deep profound meaning to be a spiritual experience.
enjoy the experience for what it was if the meaning wasnt emediatley revealed to you more then likely there wasnt one in the first place.

peggarty
June 3rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks guys.
When I look up the meanings of the mythalogical creatures, I'll post it up, OK?

Lunacie
June 3rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
Sounds good. I could have done that for you, and I'm a bit curious to know the significance of the appearance of those creatures might be, but I know it means more when you do the research yourself. Hope you enjoy learning something new along the way.

HetHert
June 3rd, 2008, 09:10 AM
Wow that sounds like a great meditation.

Here's what I get from the meanings of the mythical creatures.

If it were me I'd see the Unicorn as innocence and purity. Centaurs are a marriage of animal and man so perhaps a balance between physical and mental. Pegasus to me speaks of active imagination and thought. the Phoenix is a symbol of rebirth and arising from the ashes.

Hope this helps :)

Let us know when that shop opens so we can order stuff :thumbsup:

Nitefalle
June 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
The last bit is probably just sort of a clarification/verification of your own secret, subconscious desire of where you want to be at that time in your life. If you didn't feel the presence of your husband, perhaps he was not inolved in the shop, it was something you did by yourself. It doesn't necessarily mean he won't be in your life at all.

peggarty
June 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Wow that sounds like a great meditation.

Here's what I get from the meanings of the mythical creatures.

If it were me I'd see the Unicorn as innocence and purity. Centaurs are a marriage of animal and man so perhaps a balance between physical and mental. Pegasus to me speaks of active imagination and thought. the Phoenix is a symbol of rebirth and arising from the ashes.

Hope this helps :)

Let us know when that shop opens so we can order stuff :thumbsup:

A few days after this meditation, I was at a Mind,Body Spirit Fayre and had a Tarot reading where the Medium told me that I need to open a shop.
Since then, my husband and I have been looking a premises up for lease!
Most products will be hand-made - wands, recycled candles, etc.