PDA

View Full Version : Constructs and Energy Manipulation

TheWomanMonster
June 10th, 2008, 11:23 PM
We were speaking of this in another thread here in Advanced Paganism, so I thought I'd make a topic all it's own.

How many of you here have worked with constructs or some form of energy manipulation and programming?

How do you achieve your results and what sort of things do you use this for?

Some interesting chatlogs and articles on Constructs and Programming (http://www.psipog.net/cat-constructs.html) can be found on the old PsiPog.net (http://www.psipog.net) site.

If you don't understand what we mean by construct it is basically creating a self maintaining energy mass for a particular function. For example I can make a simple construct that gathers energy from the world around it and protects my apartment from trespassers. If I wanted to make it more complex I could shape the energy into a dog or dragon! (or whatever else you want) or give it some other physical characteristic. I could also program it to send out happy or scary vibes or feelings, and even to allow certain people in while at the same time keeping others out.
Usually the simplest is the best however and I would advise you to K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stupid). :p

Share your own sources, experiences and ideas here, we can all learn something new!

Philosophia
June 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I work with energy manipulation, creating visual fields, bubbles, shields, guardians, walls, tools, etc.. I haven't done constructs but I have created a thought form that became out of control. Since I think energy manipulation is also magic, most of my rituals would fall under this category.

Most of the energy manipulation I used tends to be used for protection, shielding, and simple experimentation. I achieve my results by visualization, concentration, and lots of practice.

TheWomanMonster
June 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Since I think energy manipulation is also magic, most of my rituals would fall under this category.

I also subscribe to that school of thought. :)

Thought forms and constructs will always have the danger of going out of control when programmed by an unpracticed individual, which is why I advise people to keep it simple. It's easier to start small and build onto it at a later date than to get too complicated initially.

Sequoia
June 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Back when I was new to paganism I used to make little butterflies, and set them free.

I guess that could be a very basic sort of construct? Though they didn't really serve any kind of purpose.

TheWomanMonster
June 10th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Back when I was new to paganism I used to make little butterflies, and set them free.

I guess that could be a very basic sort of construct? Though they didn't really serve any kind of purpose.

That is absolutely.
:)

Try making them 'butterflies of happiness' and send them to sad looking people?
Or 'butterflies of wrath' to swarm assholes at work! :lol:

Philosophia
June 10th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Thought forms and constructs will always have the danger of going out of control when programmed by an unpracticed individual, which is why I advise people to keep it simple. It's easier to start small and build onto it at a later date than to get too complicated initially.

My thought form was done during a period of depression so the emotions I poured into it wasn't very good. I should try it again but only when I'm in a period of stability.

TheWomanMonster
June 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
My thought form was done during a period of depression so the emotions I poured into it wasn't very good. I should try it again but only when I'm in a period of stability.

I agree you should, I find it's good therapy. :)
Even if you're not doing so well having to focus on the 'good thoughts' while building one helps to rewire your brain to thinking that way all the time again.

Sequoia
June 11th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Or 'butterflies of wrath' to swarm assholes at work! :lol:

:rotfl:

TheWomanMonster
June 11th, 2008, 12:11 AM
like that one do ya?
:cutie:

Sequoia
June 11th, 2008, 12:14 AM
like that one do ya?
:cutie:

I wouldn't send butterflies of wrath...

My sweetie suggests Killer Kittens. Bwahahahaha. :hehehehe:

TheWomanMonster
June 11th, 2008, 12:21 AM

My ankles hurt just thinking about it. :p

I think the neatest one I made was a gargoyle-like guardian that I instructed to follow me around to warn me of things that might be dangerous. Like muggers and crazy drivers.

It's always funny when you run into a psychic who can physically SEE energy because they'll see what you made... :T

RubyRose
June 11th, 2008, 02:12 AM
This is actually something I don't work with, but then I don't caste circles either.

Lupagreenwolf
June 11th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I've been creating servitors for years, learned from Chaos magic. Usually they're animals of some sort, often "new species" on the astral plane, as it were--composite animals, or something entirely new. They're quite effective for helping out with various tasks.

Solya
June 11th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I mainly use energy manipulation in the protective ways like shielding, warding a specific place and so on. The neatest form of a shield is, for me, the shape and presence of a huge dark wolf... one I associate with being protective during times in which I feel under direct attack... but I only use this form when absolutely necessary, which is thankfully not frequently. :) I sometimes play around with energy, though, but I never thought about creating specific shapes apart from that wolf. I'll be experimenting with this a lot now that I've read this topic, lol!

lightdragon
June 15th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I used to use white transparent bubble shields.

omar
June 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I would use a double bubble shield before I attacked with stinging bees or psychic darts.

Lunacie
June 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM

I don't often get that annoyed at people - maybe because I limit my contact with the species :hahugh: - but I'm thinking that when someone does annoy me it would be loverly to send a swarm of annoying mosquitos or just a couple of creepy crawlies that slip under their clothing and They Can't Quite Reach. :uhhuhuh:

RainInanna
June 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Do you

1. Create them with time limits

2. Associate them with a physical representation (ie. statue)

3. Know someone who's had a servitor go amuck (we're all familiar with the Golem story, right?)?

monsnoleedra
June 18th, 2008, 01:57 PM
How many of you here have worked with constructs or some form of energy manipulation and programming?

I'd have to say that is a yes for me. Mostly constructs of a minor nature. I do use energy shields and protective barriers about my house and family but I associate that as something different.

I tend to use rocks, stones or wood. Mostly for boarder guardians or things like that. I usually charge them for a period then allow it to exspire. Sometimes I will re-charge them or set it so they draw off the land energy when possible.

I have used wild energy and allowed them to go as they please or become watchers for the property and act as guardians for the property.

BlackLili
June 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Man, I haven't worked with contructs in too long. That was some of my first energy work though.

I created a guardian named "Aire" (means Danger in Gaelige) for a friend's birthday and attached it to a leather bracelet I made. I made it so that the owner had to "feed" it to keep it going, so I have no idea if Aire still remains to this day (although I suppose I could ask her, LOL.)

It's been about a year I would guess since I sat down and actually thought about programming a construct or servitor. I usually make them and anchor them in dolls or toys when my friends have babies. The idea came from an older, now un-updated magic(k) site called "Cantrap" http://www.cantrap.net (http://www.cantrap.net/) - called the Defensive Servitor for Non-Ambulatory Children (http://www.cantrap.net/spellwork/child.html). Now, I don't follow that exactly, and would actually be hard-pressed to tell you the steps as I haven't had to reference it in years. I always thought it was a brilliant idea though - being fond of the "Lilith and the Angels" story, I find it an ironic desire of mine to be fulfilled.

I used to have a suit of armor constructed as a body shield. Got that idea from the head chef at my first Uni. He'd talk about putting his armor on before coming into work, and we got to discussing how he built his and how I could work more with mine. At first it really was big and bulky, but as time went on and I refined my construct/language, it became more like an outfit of fine breathable linen, than a heavy plate-armor suit, or even chainmail.

Do you

3. Know someone who's had a servitor go amuck (we're all familiar with the Golem story, right?)?

1. Sometimes - usually, I prefer to create them as guardians and give them to people, so I make it reliant on the person I'm giving it to for them to "feed" it to keep it around. Without additional energy, they all eventually just "fizzle out."

2. Also, Sometimes. Statues not so much, but toys, stuffed animals, jewelry, and charm packets all commonly have been anchors for constructs and servitors.

3. No, I've not seen a servitor run amok although I have heard some improbable tales of them doing so. None that I put much stock into, but they're out there and I'm sure one or two have a grain of truth in them. (Its not that I doubt that a servitor could do some damage if let loose and uncontrolled, its more that I doubt the abilities of the folks telling the stories. ;) )

Xentor
June 18th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I work with energy manipulation, creating visual fields, bubbles, shields, guardians, walls, tools, etc.. I haven't done constructs but I have created a thought form that became out of control. Since I think energy manipulation is also magic, most of my rituals would fall under this category.

Most of the energy manipulation I used tends to be used for protection, shielding, and simple experimentation. I achieve my results by visualization, concentration, and lots of practice.

Totally agreed. To my knowledge none of my constructs ever got out of control. It is possible, though, that I just didn't notice.

I'm basically self-taught. When I started working with energy and building up shields, there was no-one to learn from except for the experiences shared by my family and some martial arts mental training. When I first met Mystic Wicks and its empaths and energy workers, I was thrilled to realise I wasn't the only one.

Most of my efforts go into reinforcing my shields, into healing, and into predictions. I too use visualisation and concentration, combined with analysis and logic. Over time I've devised my own techniques, and ever so often I've studied techniques employed by others.

Visualisation works best for me. I'm able to keep up a high level of concentration for hours without tiring. I use this at work as well.

Xentor
June 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Do you

1. No. Start up and maintain. Let go when needed.

2. Rarely. In my visualisations, I tend to be extremely materialistic... but the only anchor is me.

3. As far as I know I've never met one running amok.

BearDancing
June 18th, 2008, 10:30 PM
What is a construct? I have no formal training either....I too evoke and use energies for healing...protection....and manisfestations

When I evoke say protection for a specific amount of time....say while I am drilving to protect the animals/birds/bugs and humans.....that is one thing...my ? is...when I do healilngs I ask that the specific energies I am working with work 24/7 until I feel the connection is no longer needed or the person I am working with says they are where they need to be.....but I also, usually once a day reconnect with the energies involved...redo my prayer to say.....or make sure that the connection is as whole as it can be...is there any need to go back and reconnect/pray or is saying it once sufficient as long as U can feel the energies flowing.....I guess when I reconnect that is also a way of reconnecting with the energy movements as...I do not feel the energy moving 24/7....usually just when I do the reconnection...maybe the reconnection is just ritual to get myself into the space to actually feel the energies moving???

How is it for all of U...similar or different

patch
June 19th, 2008, 04:18 AM
When I was a traditional witch, I used to make what we called 'fetch beasts'.
Constructs of energy that you 'program'. You really have to be specific though.
For example, if you don't specify when they should disappear; after they finish their job they can hang around and annoy. So yeah, a time limit is important.

My construct of choice was a large mouth that ate up bad energy and spat it out back at where it came from. When I get scared, I am tempted to create them again.
They make me feel safe, much safer than a bog standard shield.

thought_on_a_wind
June 19th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I used to create gaurds after the fashion of Roman Centurions and spearsmen to guard me while I was sleeping.

The energies were set to disperse upon my lapse back into consciousness. I only did it when I felt threatening energies impending, or after a "psychic attack" by someone else. They never ran amock as far as I can reconnoiteur.

RainInanna
June 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
My construct of choice was a large mouth that ate up bad energy and spat it out back at where it came from. When I get scared, I am tempted to create them again.

That's very interesting. If nothing else I bet it'd be more effective in that people may be expecting to work with a personal shield, but wouldn't be expecting to watch out for moths!

Lunacie
June 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM
When I was a traditional witch, I used to make what we called 'fetch beasts'.
Constructs of energy that you 'program'. You really have to be specific though.
For example, if you don't specify when they should disappear; after they finish their job they can hang around and annoy. So yeah, a time limit is important.

This gave me a terrific idea, just created my own "mouth fetch" to last for one week. I'll report back and let you know if it works as intended. :hahugh:

patch
June 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM
This gave me a terrific idea, just created my own "mouth fetch" to last for one week. I'll report back and let you know if it works as intended. :hahugh:

Good luck!

Sage Rainsong
June 26th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I used to use a lot of energy constructs. One of the most common ones that I still use is that I would use a pink bubble visualization in order to bring lightness and fun into a room. Also I used to program a large dragon to protect my house. For the moment the only thing that I use now is something that my friend sells. They are called spirit skulls. They are painted skulls that are appropriately painted according to their purpose, and they come with "adoption papers" and an antique key which links the spirit while you are away. I know that this is going to sound like an ad or something but here is the link if anyone is interested: http://thewanderingscarecrow.com/skulls.html

patch
June 26th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I used to use a lot of energy constructs. One of the most common ones that I still use is that I would use a pink bubble visualization in order to bring lightness and fun into a room. Also I used to program a large dragon to protect my house. For the moment the only thing that I use now is something that my friend sells. They are called spirit skulls. They are painted skulls that are appropriately painted according to their purpose, and they come with "adoption papers" and an antique key which links the spirit while you are away. I know that this is going to sound like an ad or something but here is the link if anyone is interested: http://thewanderingscarecrow.com/skulls.html

How is that going for you?
The idea of shaping somebody elses thoughtform seems quite tedious, and you can never be sure of the nature of the programming.

Sage Rainsong
June 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
How is that going for you?
The idea of shaping somebody elses thoughtform seems quite tedious, and you can never be sure of the nature of the programming.

Actually it going quite well. He only makes a blueprint but the rest is up to you and it really isn't tedious at all.

patch
June 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Actually it going quite well. He only makes a blueprint but the rest is up to you and it really isn't tedious at all.

Good to hear. ^_^

I don't do aything like this anymore, and I do miss it. But I'm happier now than before.
Through divination I asked what was okay and what wasn't, energy work is okay but creating entities to work for you got a resounding 'no', which was obvious really. :D

David19
June 28th, 2008, 08:46 PM

That sounds kind of interesting, thanks for the link, I'll look into it a bit more. For myself, as I can't remember if I answered this question yet, but I haven't really made any constructs yet, but I do intend to soon. There's actually some I want to make, as servants for Ereshkigal. In the Sumerian religion, when you make a statue, you can awaken it, by getting a spirit or demon to inhabit it, but, there are some ideas I've got, that don't have beings already existing, so I think I'll need to create some (the ideas I've got, are a a Turok Han vampire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turok-Han) (& here (http://www.atpobtvs.com/72.html#710me)) (you know, the ones from Buffy season 7), and others, etc.

Hope that made some sense, I need to get a bit more practice in first, but I definitely think it will be very cool, and, hopefully, will please Ereshkigal (although, I also intend on building some altars for other Sumerian Gods, like Nergal, although I'm Ereshkigal's worshipper and servent, but I'd like to also worship Nergal, her husband too, and some others, like Utu, and, the Turok Han vampires would probably be good for him too, as he's very linked to vampires).

David19
June 28th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Good to hear. ^_^

I don't do aything like this anymore, and I do miss it. But I'm happier now than before.
Through divination I asked what was okay and what wasn't, energy work is okay but creating entities to work for you got a resounding 'no', which was obvious really. :D

This may be OT, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but is there a reason teh Greek Gods don't want you creating entities to work for you?, in the Sumerian religion, at least in my understanding, humans are slaves to the Sumerian Gods, but we are in a position to have demons (some anyway) serve us, and other beings, so I don't think the Sumerian Gods have any problem with us creating entities at all, especially if the entities will work for the Sumerian Gods, and help spread civilization (which is one of the things that the Sumerian Gods are all about).

patch
June 29th, 2008, 04:54 AM
This may be OT, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but is there a reason teh Greek Gods don't want you creating entities to work for you?, in the Sumerian religion, at least in my understanding, humans are slaves to the Sumerian Gods, but we are in a position to have demons (some anyway) serve us, and other beings, so I don't think the Sumerian Gods have any problem with us creating entities at all, especially if the entities will work for the Sumerian Gods, and help spread civilization (which is one of the things that the Sumerian Gods are all about).

From my understanding, creating and controlling a being would be hubris.
As a mortal, do we really have the right to do that?

David19
June 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM

I guess it depends, creating and "controlling" a God, definitely, no (not that you could anyway, although I'd love to see some people try!), but for certain other beings, I'd say yes. That just might be our different religions, worldviews, etc, and maybe my perspective of the Sumerian religion.

Lunacie
June 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Humans create and control machines.
I guess I'm not seeing the difference.
:huh:

David19
June 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
:huh:

QFT, I agree, although, I tend to think, with enough skill, practice, and the amount of effort, etc you put in, you can create something that will be more than just a construct (e.g. will have an independent personality, etc), but, it may depend on the nature of the construct that you create.

Thunder
June 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
:huh:A machine is a tool, not a being. There is a world of difference to me.

AugustoSilvanoCato
June 30th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Hello all,

How is everyone? This Thread got so interesting I had to put my two cents. I have work with Constructs and energy. When I first started in Magick I used to put a circle that closed in as bubble of raw energy around my house 3 fold and close it at the top with hundreds of locks. They usually lasted a month or so . One night I felt something funny, something told me to check my circle, well I closed my eyes and went in to a visualization state and there was my circle with a wholes bunch of holes and a bunch of demons chipping at it, when they noticed me some left quick while others were working harder. I started patching in the holes and then I started a energy like bomb that sploded right on top of my circle and for my surprise blew up my whole work. I had to start over but did not have enough energy so I had my girlfriend work on it and finished it.

I also made a guardian for the inside of my house and for bad dreams because my girlfriend has a 6 sense and they are always trying to contact her. In my path you have to search for them and you will know only when you get there( believe me is not a funny trip). It will manifest to you once you are there and he will tell you his name. My girlfriend one day almost drowned, because on the trip there an entity came out of nowhere and jumped at her, I was watching her to make sure everything went fine and all of the sudden she woke up choking like she was drowning and I had to talk to her so she could go back and go out through the same portal and she did. We always take a quartz with us for protection. We have done many things of this nature and we like the feeling of it. We are very good at it. We also make little beings to do our detective work for us, LOL.

Bless be

thought_on_a_wind
June 30th, 2008, 01:31 AM
I forgot to mention the more traditional form of constructs I used/use (in my previous post I bring up thoughtforms).

Since I've been in 6 wrecks, anytime I step foot in a vehicle I make some spikes to bind the car I'm in to the road. No sentience involved, just a simple stick this to the main road... stop the car whenever it's about to slide or it hits black-ice. This usually lasts till I leave the vehicle, then I simply release the energies with a silent thank you. (I also use that when loved ones decide to go out during adverse weather)

Another one I've created when I've felt a certain breech in my protective energy field in my house (wherever that be). I call into existence the elements, which form a 7' round Pentacle with white-hot flames to seal and purify the area till I can take other steps. It's soul journey in this realm? Stand there in the middle of my main room and look purdy and pentacally protective.

Lunacie
June 30th, 2008, 02:12 PM
A machine is a tool, not a being. There is a world of difference to me.

Okay then, we create children and control them until they are capable of self-control. How are energetic constructs any different than that?

Some constructs may be very simple and never able to progress to being self-aware and self-controlled, while others may be created with the intent of being self-aware and self-controlled from the beginning.

David19
June 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM
A machine is a tool, not a being. There is a world of difference to me.

Okay then, we create children and control them until they are capable of self-control. How are energetic constructs any different than that?

Some constructs may be very simple and never able to progress to being self-aware and self-controlled, while others may be created with the intent of being self-aware and self-controlled from the beginning.

I agree with Lunacie, and, also, sometimes, a construct can just be similar to a "machine" or tool, especially, if they don't have any, or much, awareness, and are only programmed to do one thing, and one thing only, IMO, anyway.

Thunder
June 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM

Frankly, I am rather surprized that you think "we" create children. Are you sure you don't want to re-think that?

K. Gibran

And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, "Speak to us of Children."
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Lunacie
June 30th, 2008, 06:40 PM
We are definately part of the creation process in creating children. We start with the basic elements of life and combine them and then nurture them.

I see it as being very similar to creating a construct, you start with basic energy and shape it and give it a purpose.

Thunder
June 30th, 2008, 06:45 PM
We are definately part of the creation process in creating children. We start with the basic elements of life and combine them and then nurture them.

I see it as being very similar to creating a construct, you start with basic energy and shape it and give it a purpose.I don't. Even the basic elements are way beyond the abilities of humans to construct. You are not an equal partner with God in the creation of a child. You are but one of his tools. IMO

patch
July 1st, 2008, 04:49 AM

I don't control a child in the same way as I would an energy construct.
I don't create a child to be my uh...servant (for lack of a better word).

Sage Rainsong
July 1st, 2008, 08:50 AM
I don't control a child in the same way as I would an energy construct.
I don't create a child to be my uh...servant (for lack of a better word).

I think that a guard dog would be a good metaphor. True we do not create pets but in a way, when someone has a guard dog you don't (hopefully) abuse it and you give the dog love, attention, and food in exchange for guarding your house. Energy constructs are the same way IMO. So to me an energy construct is more like a magical pet rather than a slave.

David19
July 1st, 2008, 07:21 PM
I think that a guard dog would be a good metaphor. True we do not create pets but in a way, when someone has a guard dog you don't (hopefully) abuse it and you give the dog love, attention, and food in exchange for guarding your house. Energy constructs are the same way IMO. So to me an energy construct is more like a magical pet rather than a slave.

Although, that can depend on the type of construct created, though.

Lunacie
July 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
I don't. Even the basic elements are way beyond the abilities of humans to construct. You are not an equal partner with God in the creation of a child. You are but one of his tools. IMO

Some people feel very much the same about using magic or energy, that it only works if the gods smile on our plans.

Not sure how we got off on this tangent though.

~Elise~
July 1st, 2008, 11:17 PM
yeah--I'm thinking this thread needs to get back ON topic.

JMO, however.

aluokaloo
July 2nd, 2008, 04:23 AM
I don't know that this counts as a construct but I do constantly have a revolving bug net over my head to trap thoughts and energies I don't want being sent out, though I do open it when there is something I want/need

thought_on_a_wind
July 2nd, 2008, 04:31 AM
Come to think of it... can anyone answer me yea or nay whether Astral Armor counts? I made it during a ritual. I re-energize it periodically... it's got basic sentience I suppose. Huh?

Kailen
July 2nd, 2008, 05:30 AM
There are various ways to control or influence energy, just as there are different ways to control and influence people.

A slave serves because of the whip. The steward or butler serves out of choice. They both follow orders.

Sage wasn't pretty much spot on. Treat the energy with respect, love, etc. and it shall serve willingly. Abuse it and it'll bite it's owner. It's what I refer to as energy backlash.

David19
July 2nd, 2008, 08:45 PM
Come to think of it... can anyone answer me yea or nay whether Astral Armor counts? I made it during a ritual. I re-energize it periodically... it's got basic sentience I suppose. Huh?

I'd say it counts, if you created it, magically, from energy, and it has a sentience, etc, I'd say it does, kind of, count as an construct, IMO, anyway.

Sage Rainsong
July 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Although, that can depend on the type of construct created, though.

True but it was the best example that I could think of at the moment :).

brymble
July 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm going to leave off any comment on "creating and controlling" children as being even remotely similar to constructs.

I'm writing in pain with a toothache, still haven't found a dentist that accepts my insurance, and am babysitting so I'm not going to take any of the codine my doc gave me, so bear with me. I'm in a bit of agony right now.

I'm not sure I can accurately say when I began working with created entities - does my imaginary friend from childhood count?

I guess my most intense work with entity creation began about four or five years ago, before I left my ex-husband. It sort of began as an exercise, and gradually began to take on a significance of its own. Since that time, the "staff" of the Welcome Inn has become my primary allies in work and healing, and have provide powerful opportunities for growth and transformation.

I'm wondering, does anyone else work with entities in this way? By writing about them? I have found that the created world provides a sort of interface between their world and ours, and many doorways and paths to growth and healing. If any of you have access to back issues of Shaman's Drum, issue 74 http://shamansdrum.org/Pages/Issue74.html had an excellent article about science-fiction and fantasy writing and the shamanic state. That, I think, ties in a great deal with entity creation and work, although when a really good working relationship has been developed between writer and characters, or witch and spirits, or shaman and guides, or whichever way you want to look at it, you sort of have to argue the question of whether I create the entities or whether they are writing me. At any rate, it's a wonderful experience I'm grateful for, and the changes that have been brought about in my mundane life through this subtle work have been real, noticable, and on a very practical level. I would say entity creation and shamanic writing is at the very heart of my magickal practice.

I have to be honest, I really never got that deep into the ceremony of magick, and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I bought into the stereotype of ceremonialists as arrogant, ego-driven creeps until I met and befriended Phil, who has got to be one of the most down-to-earth, "real" people I know. (For a "Megalomaniac" he's pretty damn humble, actually.) I can't say Phil was my introduction to ceremonial magick (in fact, years ago I used to carry around second-hand Crowley books trying to pick up pale skinny goth boys) but he certainly made me give it a second, and more serious look at it as a practical system, although it still serves more as inspiration for my "off-the-page" work than the major form for my workings.

Phil's book Meta-Magick: The Book of Atem just hit the shelves, actually. Again, I find more inspiration in Phil's work than a form or structure for my rituals, which after 17 or 18 years of practice are still pretty much off-the-cuff. Actually, I haven't read it yet, but I gather that Atem is an entity Phil created to help communicate the techniques. I love his exercises, and those have provided interesting methods for my "off-the-page" work with entity creation to deepen and go just a bit further.

Anyway, if you've read FutureRitual, or if you have an interest in either ceremonial or chaos magick, NLP, hypnosis, consciousness expansion or new frontiers of human potential, do check out Meta-Magick. (I started a post about it in the books forum.) Again, what I do isn't exactly Meta-Magick, (I'm sure some of what I do might make Phil roll his eyes and shake his head, although he has the grace to call it "creative") but I cannot deny the influence that both the NLP training and Phil's friendship has had on my practice.

Phil has interesting stuff to say about entity modelling here:
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqoe7N0w7c
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTrfiPtWy2c

~Belladonna~
July 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
The idea came from an older, now un-updated magic(k) site called "Cantrap" http://www.cantrap.net (http://www.cantrap.net/) - called the Defensive Servitor for Non-Ambulatory Children (http://www.cantrap.net/spellwork/child.html). Now, I don't follow that exactly, and would actually be hard-pressed to tell you the steps as I haven't had to reference it in years. I always thought it was a brilliant idea though - being fond of the "Lilith and the Angels" story, I find it an ironic desire of mine to be fulfilled.

Great site. Thanks for mentioning it :thumbsup:

thought_on_a_wind
January 1st, 2009, 05:51 AM
I don't. Even the basic elements are way beyond the abilities of humans to construct. You are not an equal partner with God in the creation of a child. You are but one of his tools. IMO
Man created the word and concept tool... aside from chimmp's and fellow apes... so I gues the correct assumpttion is Apes created the terminology for tools... however, the evolution of about every species commonly though of in existence naturally evolves with some sort of natural help.... though the word tool is used very loosely in this case... snails came with their shells... croc's with their teeth... all command at least a basic control of one specific element however... Birds the wind... whales the water, apes the land... Pissed off witches... the storms and/or 'quakes... or fire... or gales... or a combo of ALL the elements... elements are intregal to sentient interaction regardless the species if you ask me... and all forms of creation are very capable of creating extremely good constructs as well... as would be a gift from a creator deity.. or God... as is commonly refferred to....

cydira
January 1st, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hmm...

While the ideas presented by y'all are interesting, I can't say that I agree with some of them. Perhaps it is just me, but I have yet to see a thought construct consistently manifest physical results (with the sole exception to this being those which are deliberately focused upon changing something within one's own psyche).

I believe that thought constructs are entirely independent of energy manipulation, with the effects of energy manipulation being generally of a subtle nature. And in the case of energy manipulation, the frequency of it manifesting in physical results are generally low in my observation as well. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it is highly difficult and requires a great deal of focused effort for a period of time.

I'm certain with practice, targeted energy manipulation can begin to yield semi-consistent physical results, but that is something that would take years of focused effort. After all, telekinesis could be argued to be a form of energy manipulation and it is among the most rare of the psychic abilities.

cydira
January 1st, 2009, 07:31 AM
Addendum to my earlier post:

I'm going to wander slightly off topic, but not by much. ;)

The act of sending 'butterflies of wrath' just kinda makes me say 'ummm... no.' The reason why is because it's functionally sending an ill defined curse, which has far too much prospect to backfire and bring the sender a great headache (physical or otherwise). Same thing with 'butterflies of good will' or the ubiquitous 'positive energy'.

I've noticed that when my energy manipulation and other magical efforts are poorly defined and unfocused, they go awry and usually create more misfortune then the situation I am attempting to address. The greater amount of energy and effort I put behind the poorly defined spell the greater the fall out when it goes haywire.

*shrugs*

Just my observations and thoughts, mind you.

Lunacie
January 1st, 2009, 09:36 AM
One of my metaphysical teachers said that he could get a parking space any time, any place by using a thought construct. Not sure how that works exactly, but he said it does.

In my experience, there is usually a price to pay in exhange of energies. After hearing my teacher's story I began using a thought construct to change the traffic lights ahead of me to green. I don't even remember what negative thing began happening that made me realize the price wasn't worth the small convenience.

RainInanna
January 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
I am learning that people create thought constructs quite by accident much more often than they realize. You don't need to form it into a shape or intentionally send it out, but it is amazing how often you can change people's moods simply by projecting the right energy. Therefore, I'm working on intentionally projecting more often, instead of absent-mindedly and accidentally projecting.

I've been experimenting with it everytime I go to any store by projecting at customer service people. It's amazing the deals you find out about and the help you get by doing this, and how quickly you can turn a sour face to a smile. Christmas shopping was sure a heck of a lot easier this year when I made an effort to project the best at every person who helped me out in a store.

Burning Angel
April 2nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
I am learning that people create thought constructs quite by accident much more often than they realize. You don't need to form it into a shape or intentionally send it out, but it is amazing how often you can change people's moods simply by projecting the right energy. Therefore, I'm working on intentionally projecting more often, instead of absentmindedly and accidentally projecting.

I've been experimenting with it everytime I go to any store by projecting at customer service people. It's amazing the deals you find out about and the help you get by doing this, and how quickly you can turn a sour face to a smile. Christmas shopping was sure a heck of a lot easier this year when I made an effort to project the best at every person who helped me out in a store.

This brings to mind a question for me....is that a construct, or just a good mood rubbing off? I'm kinda new to the whole pagan/magic/etc. thing, and have a really, really bad skeptic streak...but I've found this energy stuff explains more than you'd think from outside :thumbsup:

In other news, just a general comment - really impressed with the whole discussion here...I've been wanting to look into energy work and the ideas in this thread are gonna get me started! \m/ \m/

Does anyone have a 101 web page-type thing they could recommend me on this whole thing? Sorry for being a noob and taking the thread slightly off-topic but I've done a lot more theory than practice over the last month and need to jump in swinging :boing: Of course, I could also google my own pages, but google is kinda iffy on this stuff :S

~BA

Lunacie
April 3rd, 2009, 09:27 AM
This brings to mind a question for me....is that a construct, or just a good mood rubbing off? I'm kinda new to the whole pagan/magic/etc. thing, and have a really, really bad skeptic streak...but I've found this energy stuff explains more than you'd think from outside :thumbsup:

In other news, just a general comment - really impressed with the whole discussion here...I've been wanting to look into energy work and the ideas in this thread are gonna get me started! \m/ \m/

Does anyone have a 101 web page-type thing they could recommend me on this whole thing? Sorry for being a noob and taking the thread slightly off-topic but I've done a lot more theory than practice over the last month and need to jump in swinging :boing: Of course, I could also google my own pages, but google is kinda iffy on this stuff :S

~BA

I think what RainInnana was describing with projecting a positive mood is more in the nature of reverse empathy. I can tell you a lot more about empathy than about making energy constructs.

Burning Angel
April 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Reverse empathy...I suppose that's a good way to explain it :) I was just thinking it sounded like an everyday thing...but that makes good sense for me :)

*has so much yet to learn...more reading to do mmmm!*

I was trying some of this stuff with my girlfriend last night...she's across the country and was in a crappy mood. She actually said it was making her feel a bit better...made an angel to protect her :) That was awesome!

Dio
April 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I've noticed that when my energy manipulation and other magical efforts are poorly defined and unfocused, they go awry and usually create more misfortune then the situation I am attempting to address. The greater amount of energy and effort I put behind the poorly defined spell the greater the fall out when it goes haywire.

*shrugs*

Just my observations and thoughts, mind you.

I agree with this. I also believe that people need to get their desires figured out before attempting to manipulate energy. Not only will the unfocused effort backfire, so too does the selfish effort.

I've made very few constructs. I like the one that I use to keep unwanted visitors from coming to my door. "Big growling snarling sharp toothed demon guy". It only lasts a week or so, but seems to work when that "oogie" feeling starts seeping into the house, which is about the time people I don't know start knocking on my door again at strange hours. Yeah, I live in a strange place...

Best keep the purpose of constructs simple in my opinion.

Lunacie
April 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I agree with this. I also believe that people need to get their desires figured out before attempting to manipulate energy. Not only will the unfocused effort backfire, so too does the selfish effort.

I've made very few constructs. I like the one that I use to keep unwanted visitors from coming to my door. "Big growling snarling sharp toothed demon guy". It only lasts a week or so, but seems to work when that "oogie" feeling starts seeping into the house, which is about the time people I don't know start knocking on my door again at strange hours. Yeah, I live in a strange place...

Best keep the purpose of constructs simple in my opinion.

Seems like it should be possible to create a "gatekeeper" like that which is only activated when certain people come to the door - like people selling things - I'm thinking since it's spring here and the roses will soon be blooming next to the porch steps, I could tie the construct in with the energy of the blooming roses so it would be available when needed and that might add a little sharpness to the construct from the thorns. We don't get salesmen often but gah~!

monsnoleedra
April 3rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
I would think that using something like one of those garden gnomes would be the perfect thing. If it is tied into the garden's energy then you have a number of things to help it along and maybe add a little grab to the energy. Plus a focale point to center it.

Burning Angel
April 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
I would think that using something like one of those garden gnomes would be the perfect thing. If it is tied into the garden's energy then you have a number of things to help it along and maybe add a little grab to the energy. Plus a focale point to center it.

That sounds cool...or you could use a gazing ball thing like a deflector shield generator from Star Wars, covering the whole house from that point :P

Another question..dang. Not sure if I should go make a thread in a more basic section of the forum for all this or what...but is energy work as powerful as full-on magic? Is it a form of magic itself? It seems cooler and more intuitive to me than magic of either the ceremonial or witchcraft types...frankly all I'm familiar with (in theory only unfortunately) other than the basic underpinnings of kitchen magic and some chaosy sigil stuff :P

~Jon, 21 on the 9th and still the kid with the questions :boing:

monsnoleedra
April 3rd, 2009, 08:24 PM

I'm 50 and still full of questions. When the world stops making us ask why and our spirit is to tired to care, then I think we have cause to worry until then enjoy the ride, answer what you can and let the world encourge you to ask.

but is energy work as powerful as full-on magic? Is it a form of magic itself?

My self I would say yes and no. Yes in that it requires the commitment to conceive, focus your will power and energy and finally create the structure for the end result needed. No, as defined by what most I think would define magic to be and how to use it.

Of course that is my opinon only so others could vary.

Lunacie
April 3rd, 2009, 09:01 PM
That sounds cool...or you could use a gazing ball thing like a deflector shield generator from Star Wars, covering the whole house from that point :P

Another question..dang. Not sure if I should go make a thread in a more basic section of the forum for all this or what...but is energy work as powerful as full-on magic? Is it a form of magic itself? It seems cooler and more intuitive to me than magic of either the ceremonial or witchcraft types...frankly all I'm familiar with (in theory only unfortunately) other than the basic underpinnings of kitchen magic and some chaosy sigil stuff :P

I don't see energy work the same as casting spells - those are much more involved generally requiring setting things up and preparing something spoken. But I do think energy work is the same as magic, it's just a simpler way of doing much the same kind of thing. Both are manipulating energy in order to bring about some kind of change.

I don't think one kind of magic or energy work is more powerful than another. It may depend on the person doing the working, or it may depend on the strength of the desire or need that powers the working.

Burning Angel
April 3rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm 50 and still full of questions. When the world stops making us ask why and our spirit is to tired to care, then I think we have cause to worry until then enjoy the ride, answer what you can and let the world encourge you to ask.

Oh I totally agree...I enjoy being adventurous and having questions and just...being fun _twohorns_

I don't see energy work the same as casting spells - those are much more involved generally requiring setting things up and preparing something spoken. But I do think energy work is the same as magic, it's just a simpler way of doing much the same kind of thing. Both are manipulating energy in order to bring about some kind of change.

I don't think one kind of magic or energy work is more powerful than another. It may depend on the person doing the working, or it may depend on the strength of the desire or need that powers the working.Cool....I like that outlook :) Honestly energy work has a more science fiction feel lol...and I'm not big on ceremony, so it looks about right for me at the moment :) Spontaneous, fun, open to whatever inventive stuff I can dream up and put my power behind :)

*Pulls out his Green Lantern power ring and goes to work :boing:*

Umm...a little hyper tonight, maybe? :D

~Jon

Lunacie
April 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Just remember that what goes out must come back, eh? :hahugh:

Burning Angel
April 3rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah lol..no lasers, no 50 bazillion ton weights, no psychic killer Monty Python bunnies :P But there's a lot of good to be done...:)

MsMollimizz
May 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM
Thought forms and constructs

I read this in one of my books, before I went on vacation...
I maybe doing this but not knowing the "name" ?
Please refresh my memory ?
Gentle Light
MsMolli

Okay re-read the part of the book that talks about thoughtforms...
So basically it's the object or results of a spell, right ?

watersprite
July 31st, 2009, 11:55 PM
My self I would say yes and no. Yes in that it requires the commitment to conceive, focus your will power and energy and finally create the structure for the end result needed. No, as defined by what most I think would define magic to be and how to use it.
Of course that is my opinon only so others could vary.

Asking questions is VERY important, in every part of our lives. I agree with you.

Torey
August 1st, 2009, 03:14 AM

I have worked with them and am presently maintaining two constructs. I prepare a vessel, create the construct, program it according to my intentions and allow it to work for me. One of my constructs is for protection of another person and the other has a slightly more sinister function.

Burning Angel
August 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
I have worked with them and am presently maintaining two constructs. I prepare a vessel, create the construct, program it according to my intentions and allow it to work for me. One of my constructs is for protection of another person and the other has a slightly more sinister function.

Wooo for badass mages :thumbsup: Basically, Molli, it's a golem or robot, but magical in nature and made of energy. Like a spell is a one-time thing, but a construct or thoughtform performs the function of a spell over and over as long as you maintain it :)

~Jon :boing:

trueseeker
August 2nd, 2009, 05:47 AM

How did you make butterflies?Real ones or just imagined ones?Even if I am insectophobic my flowers could really need some colored ones.Can you teach me how to do it?Thanks.:cutie:

[V]
November 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Energy Constructs created using internal energy is a form of psychism.

When your source is universal energy rather than your own, this is called magick.

Ailyn
November 4th, 2009, 09:09 PM
;4081420']Energy Constructs created using internal energy is a form of psychism.

When your source is universal energy rather than your own, this is called magick.

Well, some people feel that magic comes from within as without. And aren't we all a part of universal energy? Potential to kinetic and back again?

*oonagh*
November 5th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Well, some people feel that magic comes from within as without. And aren't we all a part of universal energy? Potential to kinetic and back again?

this.

Lunacie
November 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
;4081420']Energy Constructs created using internal energy is a form of psychism.

What? That's a new one for me.

I call 'em both magic. But I do a lot more with the energy than create constructs. There is personal energy and there is universal (or cosmic) energy - the end result is pretty much the same no matter where the energy is drawn from.

Burning Angel
November 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM

I call 'em both magic. But I do a lot more with the energy than create constructs. There is personal energy and there is universal (or cosmic) energy - the end result is pretty much the same no matter where the energy is drawn from.

Yeah...you can't make distinctions between energy sources. Magic is the science and art of causing change in conformity with will - added to Crowley's definition is the stipulation that the change must be supernatural in nature. All humans change according to their will lol...it's the "beyond the realm of science" part that makes it magic :)

In Chaos,
~Jon~ :flamer:

[V]
November 17th, 2009, 08:35 PM

I am originally from PsiPog community - All the psions there are lead to believe psychism is manipulating internal energy & magick is controlling external/universal energies.

There are also some interesting articles explaining the difference at Psipalatium.com - But after reading through their articles; they obviously view Magick as a very foreign practice as opposed to their default psionic & pure energy paths.

Thats just the psionic perspective; naturally magick folk have different views.

Wood Nymph
November 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I utilize Reiki constructs frequently. Since they utilize Reiki energy, they are, of course, different than the constructs this thread has discussed. But it is another way of utilizing constructs.

monsnoleedra
November 17th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I utilize Reiki constructs frequently. Since they utilize Reiki energy, they are, of course, different than the constructs this thread has discussed. But it is another way of utilizing constructs.

Hey do you create "Moles"? A mole is an energy construct that is used in healing where you charge the mole with a certain energy or goal then release them to attack the infected area. On some occasions they might even be used to smooth or pet the aura to clean a blockage or impasse.

Well "Mole" is what I was taught to call them so you may use a different name. I'm not a healer so they never worked that great for me so never spent much time perfecting them.

Wood Nymph
November 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Hey do you create "Moles"? A mole is an energy construct that is used in healing where you charge the mole with a certain energy or goal then release them to attack the infected area. On some occasions they might even be used to smooth or pet the aura to clean a blockage or impasse.

Well "Mole" is what I was taught to call them so you may use a different name. I'm not a healer so they never worked that great for me so never spent much time perfecting them.

No.

I will send a Reiki construct (some people visualize a ball, some a sphere, some a balloon, and I'm sure there are as many variations of this concept as there are Reiki practitioners who use constructs) to a person for healing, for that person's highest good. The construct is charged with Reiki, to give Reiki to the person as needed by that person. Typically, I will make the construct self-recharging, to continue as long as is needed by the person.

While I will send Reiki, often, with an idea of the healing that is needed, Reiki is always for the highest good. It is, therefore, a very different energy than what many here (at least those who aren't into Reiki) work with.

augentier
December 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I guess I have been creating "thought forms" or constructs without knowing it.

I have always visualized a bright white or yellowish bubble around me when I feel scared or threatened. I also visualize this bubble over each of my family members including our pets, and our house. I feel it has kept us protected and kept negative energies from getting too out of control. We live in a VERY old house and I have always felt negative energies from my brother's bedroom which is right next to mine. It has always felt "haunted" to me. I use this bubble to ward off the energies when I go to bed.

What exactly is a thoughtform or construct though? What are the definitions? I never thought of creating something in the form of a dragon, dog, etc to do my bidding..how does one go about doing this?

meowmeow
December 30th, 2009, 02:29 PM
:) If you see gargoyles in my windows, they're really just resting places for my constructs! Having a physical replica of your construct is an awesome reinforcement.

TheWomanMonster
December 31st, 2009, 05:06 AM
I guess I have been creating "thought forms" or constructs without knowing it.

I have always visualized a bright white or yellowish bubble around me when I feel scared or threatened. I also visualize this bubble over each of my family members including our pets, and our house. I feel it has kept us protected and kept negative energies from getting too out of control. We live in a VERY old house and I have always felt negative energies from my brother's bedroom which is right next to mine. It has always felt "haunted" to me. I use this bubble to ward off the energies when I go to bed.

What exactly is a thoughtform or construct though? What are the definitions? I never thought of creating something in the form of a dragon, dog, etc to do my bidding..how does one go about doing this?

A lot of it is visualization and repetition, start with something small first to practice. A bubble that is full of happy energy or something like that. Move your way up. Be VERY specific when giving your constructs a command or purpose. Explicit instructions.

:) If you see gargoyles in my windows, they're really just resting places for my constructs! Having a physical replica of your construct is an awesome reinforcement.

Awesome, that works great.
I have a cast-iron crow for just that purpose.