PDA

View Full Version : Women's Rites, Women's Mysteries - Ruth Barrett

RainInanna
June 18th, 2008, 11:39 AM
I am just rereading this book and wanted to encourage everyone again to read it. This is a wonderful, beautiful book, and it isn't very expensive either (only $16.95US/$18.95CAD). I can hardly believe how inexpensive it is considering how much I enjoy it.

The bulk of the book is focused on developing personal rituals (as per the subtitle, "Intuitive Ritual Creation"), and discusses logistics as well as invocation, developing rituals in tune with the cycle of seasons and life, energetics, and working out purpose and theme. Much of the discussion is focused on facilitating group ritual and priestessing, however it is also applicable to every solitary. What I love about this book is the discussion of goddess-centered spirituality; it's power, and how Women's Ritual helps us manifest the Sacred within. The real beauty of the writing is in the discussion of Goddess centered spirituality itself, while placing that discussion into context within ritual creation. The book reflects the inspiration and beauty I find in Goddess centered spirituality, and is not just a workbook despite that much of what is shared can be used in rituals. It is a deep look at the Sacred feminine.

This and Z Budapest's Holy Book of Women's Mysteries have an honoured and permanent place in my home and heart.

zionwood
August 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Oh man, I'm not Dianic, but i've seen that book and i wanna get it sometime!