PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the past or something else?

SacredWithin
June 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
I would like some thoughts on the validity of certain types of gifts. There are a group of people that I have known for a while. They are very much into past lives and all. I've never met individuals like these before and maybe some of you have and can explain to me what I don't understand.

They are very obsessed over living out their past lives in the current now. What I mean is, one may think that in a past life they were a priestess with a motherly type role. They combine their quest for past lives with what they feel is their inner animal spirit. So for example, a priestess with a fox sort of past life thing. The thing is that, they could spend hours and hours having conversations like, "Oh my god, did my wolf just attack your fox?" or "Oh my god, she pissed me off so much and my fox was biting her over and over!" But I don't think they mean these animals as fellow animal spirits but something of themselves. They will also go as far as to act out these situations and literally bite and attack each other. It's one big drama mess in my eyes with an attempt to put some sort of gifts in the middle.

They would also come to me and tell me stories of how a desk or table had jumped up and moved. So I simply asked them, why hasn't any of this stuff ever happened when I'm around if this so easily happens with you guys? I get shrugs. It just struck me as odd.

I mean, it's cool to play around and all once in a blue, but their entire lives is based on this thing.

One last thing that really struck me is that when one of them ended up moving away, two others would constantly refer to her. One time we were in the mall looking at clothing and one of them found a certain outfit to be really beautiful. She then comments, "Oh dear, it must be mommy again. I would never pick up something like this, she must be shopping," and the other one laughs in agreement.

I understand a genuine quest or knowledge about past lives, but do people really live like this? Is stuff like this normal or did I stumble upon a strange crowd?

I do recall Goth clubbing and I went with one of them with a few other friends b/c she wanted to go. I decided to be nice. When we got back, she was talking to the others of the past lives crew saying about me, "I've seen an animal come out of her that I've never seen or recognized!" In my head, I'm like, "What the hell is she talking about now?"

Other than this past life business, they can be decent when they want to. But what I've shared is just the tip of the iceberg. It's too much to put into one post.

Clair de la Lune
June 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Are you sure they aren't on drugs? I'm not trying to be rude.

SacredWithin
June 23rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Are you sure they aren't on drugs? I'm not trying to be rude.

Don't worry, you are not being rude at all! I don't want to say anything to put down any of those who have ADD or ADHD, but a lot of them do. One of them told me that when she was younger, doctors concluded she has an overactive imagination (she's very creative artistically too). That gave me many clues. But supposedly, myth has it that sometimes people with gifts get labeled these things. The only ones on drugs would be the ones with ADD or ADHD. The girl I went Goth clubbing with ended up getting diagnosed with epilepsy the year before, but I don't know much about all that stuff.

Solya
June 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
Mmmm, it sounds like they're seeking to flee into these 'gifts' and these 'past lives' and these 'animals' because they cannot handle something that happens in their waking life. It is something I personally did not want to happen to me when I began to remember past lives and stuff. I knew that there was a large risk of fleeing back into that old 'life' back in the time when I was struggling with some psychological issues in my current life. I think I have kept it down to a minimum and I only really feel that I respond like some of my old selves when a situation arises that is very similar to a situation from a past life. The individuals you describe don't seem to have made such a distinction between their past and current lives in the way I have, which then makes them come across as strange and even 'not right in the head'.

Also, I find that past lives and so on are things I only share with very close friends. We have our own in-jokes relating to that, but we would never express it in such a way as these people seem to be doing. We're not going on about it 24/7 either, because we have our jobs and studies and other activities to pay attention to before we revert back to talking about any spiritual stuff. To me, it just feels like the individuals you're dealing with here have drawn no such lines. Life is in the here and now. Not in the future and not in the past. Take your lessons from what's come before and just go with the flow. They make it waaaay too complicated for themselves!!

Kaliel
June 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
I agree with Solya, it's kosher to find out about your past lives but there's one step off the deep end in that department and those people have definitely stepped off the deep end.

The way past lives work is basically you lived another lifetime in a past life. Whether you were a fox, a bird, another human being, it doesn't matter now. The idea is by having knowledge of past lives one is better able to understand their life now. It's not really meant to be put into game form unless you're looking to start a D&D tournament, and even then you'd have to change your past life "character" to fit the game.

My concerns is that these people are only attempting to use what little gifts they have, which may be enough but have they consulted a past life regression therapist? Have they spent time in meditation to learn all of this or did it just start from one of them and the others joined in just to be cool? I'd question what they've found in the past, if they can't back it up with a dream a vision or if they snap at you for even asking, then you can be sure it's probably not real at all and just made up from their overactive imaginations.

Of course, I do have knowledge fully of my past lives, and I mean if you're willing to sit down for the long drawn out story of it I'd be willing to give you the basic points of it but it doesn't fill up my current life that much. It did when I was still filling in the blanks, but once I figured out that my future is much more important than my past, I stopped bothering with it.

Blessings,
Rhiannon

Darkest Eve
September 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I understand a genuine quest or knowledge about past lives, but do people really live like this? Is stuff like this normal or did I stumble upon a strange crowd?

I do recall Goth clubbing and I went with one of them with a few other friends b/c she wanted to go. I decided to be nice. When we got back, she was talking to the others of the past lives crew saying about me, "I've seen an animal come out of her that I've never seen or recognized!" In my head, I'm like, "What the hell is she talking about now?"

Other than this past life business, they can be decent when they want to. But what I've shared is just the tip of the iceberg. It's too much to put into one post.

I think that its not as uncommon as people probably think.

Alot of people who are interested in past lives take it a little too far (IMO), trying to carry on what they think happened in a past life into this one, or something along those lines. Getting angry and frustrated when it doesn't go exactly how they want or expect...

But I digress.

Are these people strange....all things considered, it's their lifestyle choice, so.... I guess strange would be a perception.

I think its up to you whether or not you want to put up with their 'quirks'. Do you like them? Enjoy spending time with them? Or do you spend every encounter going: wtf just happened?

:lol: