PDA

View Full Version : Any Vampiresses / Vampires in the Community

VirginBlood
September 6th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Hello,

I am interested to know if there are any Vampiresses or Vampires in the Community. I am a Male Donor for a Vampiress or Vampiress Witch. I can be reached at edited out by Flaire. My Yahoo ID is edited out by Flaire. I live in Harrisburg, PA.

Mark

MidnightSun
September 10th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Doesn't look like it, VirginBlood :)

Chibi-Fallon
September 10th, 2002, 07:10 PM
You know it's really not good for people to drink blood, regardless of weather or not they think they're are vampire. Not that it's ever gonna stop anyone, but whatever. It's just a bad idea. Blood tastes funny anyway.

Sequoia
September 11th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Well, VirginBlood, while I don't think it's a very good idea to just kind of "advertise yourself". . .

*shakes head*

Chibi, you may not belive in it, but show a little respect, mkay? As far as I'm concerned, there are vampires. I personally know some. And I find your statement of "who think they are" to be somewhat insulting. . . Might want to keep that in mind.

I concur. Blood tastes icky *chuckles* but! To those who find it a way of life, it obviously doesn't.

Also. . . ne, virginblood, wouldn't it be a bit better to get to know someone first, before offering yourself as a 'donor'? Maybe, y'know, develope a deep and trusting relationship? Or. . . something? *blinks* just a thought, there. And I'm a bit curious - why are you offering yourself, to just anyone? :) just a small question hehe

Phoenix Blue
September 11th, 2002, 03:02 PM
I agree with Puma - this is a message forum, not a personals forum.

Also, blood ingestion can be dangerous if you don't know for a fact that the donor is clean of diseases. In addition to normally-transmitted STDs, it's possible to get nasty bugs like Hepatitis C or Mad Cow disease from contact with blood.

I don't see it as disrespectful to be skeptical of the existence of vampires. . . but since there are several ideas of what vampirism actually means, I'd prefer to agree on what we're discussing before we discuss it. :)

mol
September 11th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix_Blue

I don't see it as disrespectful to be skeptical of the existence of vampires. . . but since there are several ideas of what vampirism actually means, I'd prefer to agree on what we're discussing before we discuss it. :)

SITE GOD MODE

Vampirism goes hand in hand with some people's Path. So, as such, bashing or demeaning it in any way or form is not allowed wether you believe it or not.

Chibi-Fallon
September 11th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Sorry, I didnít mean to sound rude. Iíve had a bad run in with someone claiming to be a vampire when he was really just abusive (yeah, he had lots of issues).
I donít doubt that there are real vampires but I doubt a lot of the people who claim to be vampires because of what happened to me. And this was a guy I wasnít even looking for, so VB I donít recommend looking for someone over the internet youíll probably just wind up with the same thing, not to mention AIDS, unless youíve survived the black death in which case youíre okay and you canít get HIV (seriously, look it up itís kinda cool).

Shaman0325
September 11th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Well spoken Mol

Phoenix Blue
September 11th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Quoth mol:
Vampirism goes hand in hand with some people's Path. So, as such, bashing or demeaning it in any way or form is not allowed wether you believe it or not.
True enough, and good point.

Just because I respect someone's viewpoint doesn't mean I agree with it, though; and just because I respect someone's belief doesn't mean I believe in it.

I don't believe in the Bela-Lugosi- or Anne Rice-genre vampire. :) But for those who believe you are vampires in that sense, more power to you, I guess.

mol
September 11th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix_Blue

I guess

And thats my point.

No, you dont have to believe in it. But, there is no need for 'I Guess'.

SerenityMoon
September 11th, 2002, 09:25 PM
indeed, it is very dangerous to just "offer" your blood to people/vampires. very dangerous, indeed.

Theres
September 12th, 2002, 12:22 AM
and what if cynicism is my 'path'? am i forbidden from taking the politically incorrect view?
is it disrespectful to offer doubt?
yeah, i'm playing the devil's advocate here, but only to a partial extent. so i guess my question is... what if i don't buy into something, am i not allowed my opinion? i'm not talking about blatant disrespect, just doubt.
let's face it, just because i'm Pagan doesn't mean i have to buy into everything that is thrown out on the internet does it? we all know that there's alot of weird 'stuff' out there.
i guess my point is that i didn't see Chibi's comment as being disrespectful, and i think it was a bit of a stretch to see it as such.
just an opinion.

SerenityMoon
September 12th, 2002, 12:50 AM
o_o; i didn't really see chibi'scomment as disrespecful either....*shrugs*

Zophael
January 14th, 2005, 10:58 AM
well to answer the question, I'm a psi-vamp.

Flaire-FireStar
January 14th, 2005, 01:23 PM
:wtf:

Gracecat
January 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
There are proper ways to take blood from a person. Don from Mad Mad House partially taught us that, using a syringe and needle, alcohol, clean donor (TEST FIRST) etc. It's clinical but it's safe if you absolutely must practice it. If you want the symbology of blood, I'd suggest a lancette from the pharmacy, the little needle in a plastic thumbtacks. Again, swap with alcohol pad, make sure your donor has been properly tested very recently etc. If you use a scalpel then you do run the risk of cutting deep very quickly and possibly severing arteries. In the kink and fetish world, people have a fascination with medical equipment, some enjoy "cutting for pleasure". This is the one single fetish I would absolutely have to say DON'T DO IT with medical equipment made to cut. At least if you use a kitchen knife it's not made to go through a human body with as much finese as a scapel. You have to hack to cut off an arm with a steak knife. But others, the professional kinky trained, say absolutely do use a scapel because you get a cleaner cut, and you can control it. Sure, if you have medical training I'd buy this theory. But the common layman is used to applying a bit of pressure to a steak knife on cooked meat, a scapel doesn't require that ;).

Anyway, blood letting fetish education 101 over with... People believe in faeries, people believe in the White Buffalo, sea sirens and a host of various mythological creatures that may or may not exist. I agree with PB, currently I do not believe that Anne Rice vampires exist. I believe in the original Vlad and Lady Bathory. But of course, I do believe in the fae realm. So whose to say I'm not wrong? I've certainly been wrong before.

I do dislike the idea of a guy marketting his blood in an unsafe manner on MW. It gives a wrong impression of his methods, not necessarily his ideals. I always keep in the back of my mind we have young adults and even younger children. If we raise them to consider all ranges of spirituality, then if they do consider vampirism I want them to have the best and safest information to be had. So as a mom, I'd have to say this post is akin to telling my kid hey go have sex without condoms.... in a sense. I know, that's a long shot between scenarios.

But then again, to be fair all he did was offer his email address to interested parties. Who is to say he isn't fastideous with his practice after initial contact? Maybe in the future, he'd be more inclined to be taken seriously if he used the standard "negative tested as of such and such date and expects the same" disclaimer to his singles ads...

Pagan Child
January 14th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Oh, young one, be VERY careful what you wish for, or it might find you!

Ben Trismegistus
January 14th, 2005, 05:32 PM
well to answer the question, I'm a psi-vamp.
And, apparently, a necromancer, capable of resurrecting dead threads. ;)

SilentDreams
January 14th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I'm not a vampire but I'm sure some are here. Btw kind of off topic but I think vampires are sexy. lol its the teeth! They drive me wild! Seriously

MidnightDances
January 14th, 2005, 07:18 PM
i probably sound very nieve, but what is a vampire? is it simply someone who drinks human blood, or a belief system? any info greatly apriciated!
mid xxx

Zophael
January 14th, 2005, 07:36 PM
i probably sound very nieve, but what is a vampire? is it simply someone who drinks human blood, or a belief system? any info greatly apriciated!
mid xxx

Here's the short version.
Vampires are energy deficient folks. Some are called sanguinarians and claim to need blood to replenish themselves. The other kind are psi-vamps who are unable to rejuvenate their spiritual energy sufficiently and rely on getting it from others.

Blood fetishes don't make one a vampire.

This is probably your best online source for vampire info:
http://www.sanguinarius.org/

Sequoia
January 14th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Here's the short version.
Vampires are energy deficient folks. Some are called sanguinarians and claim to need blood to replenish themselves. The other kind are psi-vamps who are unable to rejuvenate their spiritual energy sufficiently and rely on getting it from others.

Blood fetishes don't make one a vampire.

This is probably your best online source for vampire info:
http://www.sanguinarius.org/

And there are about a thousand and one shades of gray. Some people also consider themselves "sexual vampires." Some feel they need blood for the energy; some feel they need blood in place of food. Some feel they need pure energy; some don't even do it consciously. Some people simply like the taste of blood, and have no real need for it. Some people have a human medical condition that causes them to crave blood. Some are anemic. Some have a unique reason of their very own. (Some are just plain nuts. :lol: )

Best idea is to ask one specifically, and hold those beliefs to be relevant to that person only.

As many vampires as there are pagans, as there are people, as there are colours of the rainbow. :p

chrestomancie
January 14th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I Btw kind of off topic but I think vampires are sexy. lol its the teeth! They drive me wild! Seriously

Me too!!! oh yeah, those teeth!

deaths_daughter
July 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
i have 1 massive massive point to make, not all vampires consume blood there are different types of vampires and yes they r real
they dont have fangs or turn into bats and people who claim to have done terrible things or are abbusive about the fact of claiming to be a vampire r simply rpgs(role play gamers) if u need to find out any further details about "vampires" then please i beg you to ask/speak to me
Thank you

BlackLili
July 11th, 2008, 04:12 PM
i have 1 massive massive point to make, not all vampires consume blood there are different types of vampires and yes they r real
they dont have fangs or turn into bats and people who claim to have done terrible things or are abbusive about the fact of claiming to be a vampire r simply rpgs(role play gamers) if u need to find out any further details about "vampires" then please i beg you to ask/speak to me
Thank you
Wow. And another vampire/necromancer. Resurrecting dead threads and whatnot.

Deaths_Daughter - you might be better served looking around at the community before offering assistance.

Liberty
July 11th, 2008, 04:19 PM
You know, I saw something on the Discovery channel about cannibalism and the scientists actually said that a human consuming human flesh really isn't that bad. In fact, they said that because all the nutrients have already been broken down and absorbed into the body that the flesh they're eating is already packed full of all the nutrients we need and broken down, so it's easier to digest (I'm not to sure about the last part). :smile:

Not that cannibalism is the same as consuming blood but I don't know, maybe it works the same way? Assuming the blood being drank is clean and healthy of course.

bellamandu
July 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
wow. this thread is soooo old! :lol:

BlackLili
July 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
You know, I saw something on the Discovery channel about cannibalism and the scientists actually said that a human consuming human flesh really isn't that bad. In fact, they said that because all the nutrients have already been broken down and absorbed into the body that the flesh they're eating is already packed full of all the nutrients we need and broken down, so it's easier to digest (I'm not to sure about the last part). :smile:

Not that cannibalism is the same as consuming blood but I don't know, maybe it works the same way? Assuming the blood being drank is clean and healthy of course.
See, in regards to cannibalism, I just don't think we'd taste good. With all the processed foods we as a society consume, the poisons, the chemicals, the sheer additives - yucko.

Which is why - in terms of both blood and flesh, the organic way is best. "Free-range human" I'm sure is a vast improvement on the "manufactured" variety - and I'll bet hunted free-range human is the tastiest of all. Most compassionate, after all. And I steadfastly believe that the adrenalin of the chase makes everything Nom-ier.
....not. that. i'd. know... :devil:

Faeawyn
July 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
seriously?? seriously??

BlackLili
July 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
seriously?? seriously??
Which part?

Faeawyn
July 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Which part?

:lol: sorry....the part where she resurected this thread :lol: I definitely agree I don't think we'd taste good :)

BlackLili
July 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
:lol: sorry....the part where she resurected this thread :lol: I definitely agree I don't think we'd taste good :)

LOLLER - yeah. :rolleyes:

And as for tasting good...I reserve my judgment til such a time comes that I'm forced into trying it. ;)

Infinite Grey
July 11th, 2008, 05:38 PM

Two things.

One, studies involving the enzyme development in humans suggests at one point in the very very distant past our ancestors included each other as a fairly regular part of their diet... but then again, cannibalism isn't that uncommon among primates.

Two, while the nutritional value is present, there is a problem with cannibalism - they are called prions. In the case of humans, it usually takes the form of Laughing Disease. That Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea found out the hard way that cannibalism can be bad. It is related to Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

I had a discussion on youtube over the moral implications of cannibalism... the best we could come up with from a secularist point of view is A) It can be a health risk due to the before mentioned Prions, and B) The way the bodies are obtained for the purposes of consumption.

Lorrie
July 11th, 2008, 07:12 PM
See, in regards to cannibalism, I just don't think we'd taste good. With all the processed foods we as a society consume, the poisons, the chemicals, the sheer additives - yucko.

Which is why - in terms of both blood and flesh, the organic way is best. "Free-range human" I'm sure is a vast improvement on the "manufactured" variety - and I'll bet hunted free-range human is the tastiest of all. Most compassionate, after all. And I steadfastly believe that the adrenalin of the chase makes everything Nom-ier.
....not. that. i'd. know... :devil:

:falloffch:rollingla:rotfl:and then of course is the matter of burying the body!!!:fpraise: Oh my.

BenSt
July 12th, 2008, 12:28 AM
ooo, a piece of mysticwicks history right here, a long lost thread :D. Its like, an ancient tablet brought back to life :weirdsmil