PDA

View Full Version : Feng Shui reminder sign

Tammy Sullivan
September 10th, 2002, 07:37 PM
I made a little Feng shui reminder sign to let guests know (and remind my family) that we follow the rules of closing the toilet lid and shutting the bathroom door. It says:

Dear Guest,
Our home incorporates the teachings of Feng Shui,
please close the toilet lid and the door.
Thank You

Does anyone have any others for magickal rules around the house?

Twilight Garden
September 10th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Neat idea!

We don't wear shoes in the house. We keep a pair of 'easy to slip on' shoes by the front and back doors, and keep all other shoes in the bedroom closets. That's all I can think off off the top of my head.

SnowStar
September 10th, 2002, 09:18 PM
It *does* drive me nuts to sleep with my closet or bedroom door open...or to have anyone else in the house do that. That sort of is a feng shui thing, but I think its more of my obsessive compulsive tendancies that make it a sort of issue with me. I can't think of any actual "rules" we've got...

)O( ~ Khara~ )O(
September 10th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Everyone has their own candle on the "family altar" which they light when we come home. I light mine first and then the kids theirs. I always have fireplace matches on hand so noone gets burnt. Then we all grab a drink, sit in a circle on the floor and have the High-Low point of the day conversation. Discuss how the lows could have been different and give thanks to the Goddess for the Highs.

We also when giving thanks for a meal give thanks to the various Gods/Goddesses for what we are eating. That is a real fun for the kids to search the Encyclopedias or online for various dieties.
I have learned more on my dieties from this than all my own years on the path.

This is hard because being a single mom, my kids are observers or participants of almost everything I do, so they have grown up watching rituals, candle rituals, kitchen magick, everything. My daughter while playing will put all her toys on the floor in a pile and then I swear she is casting a circle with her fairy wand. Then tells her brothers they cannot cross.

Faery-Wings
September 11th, 2002, 07:59 AM
And the guys think we only get crazy over the toilet seat being up for no reason! :lol:

Greta, that is a neat idea. We don't have any rules that I can think of like that. Maybe I should. ;)

Mnemosyne
September 11th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Good feng shui tips! I follow it too. I believe that if you leave your clothes outside to dry over night, it is bad luck. I need a sign reminding me to bring my clothes in after drying in the sun. Since the weather will be cold soon, I won't have that problem.