PDA

View Full Version : Binaural Beats

HetHert
July 8th, 2008, 06:46 PM
http://www.i-dose.us/

I wasn't sure where to put this so I chose meditation sense this is dealing with affecting states of brain activity and there are a few samples meant for things like chakra, meditating, healing, and astral projection. If you feel this should be moved to a more appropriate section please do so.

Has anyone done anything with binaural beat experiments or used binaural beat recordings to their benefit or detriment?

In college we messed around with headsets and audio frequencies and sounds that were supposed to help you achieve a certain brainwave frequency...ie theta, beta. I hadn't really thought about that experiment sense then and then I came across the site.

BlackLili
July 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I had heard about frequencies being used to achieve certain brainwaves in meditation before - this is very cool though.

/bookmarked

punxzen
July 9th, 2008, 01:21 AM
I would use a 30 minute track to gradually move from Beta through Alpha and Theta to Delta. Then it would go on in Delta for another half hour.

At first the results were incredible. I would go the whole next day with profound level-headedness, very zen. After a week or so though, the effects became less and less noticeable. I eventually just stopped altogether and haven't really looked back.