PDA

View Full Version : Women in Greek Myths

HetHert
July 18th, 2008, 03:41 PM
A wonderful resource for those researching or just trying to get more intouch with their matrons.

http://www.paleothea.com/

If this resource has already been made available my apologies for a repost.

Jezibaba
July 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Thank you! :boing:

Agaliha
July 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM
*Moved to Myths and Folklore (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298) in G&Gs*

Thanks for posting. I've used it in the past to look for info. Though it's not say Theoi, it does provide some interesting info and at times commentary :)

Cinnamon1991
July 19th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Oh thank you for posting it! I knew about this page but couldn´t find it back. And the one who wrote it, seems quite fond of Hekate :lol:

Theres
July 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM
And the one who wrote it, seems quite fond of Hekate :lol:
yeah, but i wonder if the feeling is mutual? :rolleyes:

Cinnamon1991
July 20th, 2008, 08:05 AM
yeah, but i wonder if the feeling is mutual? :rolleyes:

Lol, if you´re trying to tell you think the article (or at least the first lines) is too Wiccan in flavor, I can only agree. :lol:

Theres
July 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Lol, if you´re trying to tell you think the article (or at least the first lines) is too Wiccan in flavor, I can only agree. :lol:
not necessarily too "Wiccan", but just poorly done in general.

naturally i looked up Hekate first, as that is how i usually gage these things, and i was irked on so many levels...

>if the site claims to be about women in Greek myths then why does she use the Latin transliteration for Hekate?

>i don't think there are very many scholars left who would still assign Thrace as Her place of origin.

>and using an image of Hekate taken from a D & D guide book does little to lend credibilty to a site imo, regardless of the alleged "coolness" factor.

it is obvious that a lot of work has been put into creating the site, it just seems too bad that at least as much attention wasn't put into the research it holds. so taking all the above into consideration i was not particularly compelled to check out her site any further.
however others may find something useful there.

Cinnamon1991
July 20th, 2008, 05:14 PM
not necessarily too "Wiccan", but just poorly done in general.

naturally i looked up Hekate first, as that is how i usually gage these things, and i was irked on so many levels...

>if the site claims to be about women in Greek myths then why does she use the Latin transliteration for Hekate?

>i don't think there are very many scholars left who would still assign Thrace as Her place of origin.

>and using an image of Hekate taken from a D & D guide book does little to lend credibilty to a site imo, regardless of the alleged "coolness" factor.

it is obvious that a lot of work has been put into creating the site, it just seems too bad that at least as much attention wasn't put into the research it holds. so taking all the above into consideration i was not particularly compelled to check out her site any further.
however others may find something useful there.

Hmm now you mention it, you´re quite right. I too, looked for Hekate first (She´s not my patron but I do have a shrine to Her and I do honor Her.) but the only thing that bothered me was the fact the Triple Goddess was mentioned.

Agaliha
July 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Well as I said it's not Theoi. ;)

Some of the entries are interesting. I don't think it should be used for serious research, though.

Cinnamon1991
July 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Well as I said it's not Theoi. ;)

Some of the entries are interesting. I don't think it should be used for serious research, though.

No it doesn´t refer to any sources or anything but they way it´s written is quite amusing.

Hey it made me smile:hahugh:

Jezibaba
July 20th, 2008, 07:45 PM
The information might not be worth much, but I did like a lot of the gallery. She's got a decent collection.