PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight and Hellboy

SilverClaw
July 20th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I just came home from seeing both of them and wow was impressed.
Hellboy had a lot more humour in it then I had expected. The Troll Market was problem my favorite place in the movie. As for the other parts of the movie, well the thought of little Hellboy twins also made me laugh :) and makes me wonder what the next movie will be like.

I do look forward to the Hobbit now seeing how the director handled Hellboy 2. I found the speciall effects and CGI work juat awesome :thumbsup:

And as for the Dark Knight the only part I was ify about was labeling the Joker paranoid Schizophrenic I do not recall him being paranoid at all. But then again how I took it may have been wrong.

And as for Two Face well that was sure a switch... definitly a different twist of his character and look.

aluokaloo
July 20th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I didn't wanna go see it but I went to go see it with my boyfriend last night. I'm glad I did. It was awesome!:thumbsup: I liked how they made the Joker;s character and I guess the guy playing Batman wasn't too bad.

Hybrid
July 20th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I saw The Dark Knight yesterday and absolutely loved it. A lot of times, movies don't live up to all of the hype they get, but this one most definitely did. Heath Ledger's performance really was Oscar worthy, and hopefully he will be recognized.
I haven't seen Hellboy 2 yet, but it's on my list to see next.

Sothis*Crowfeather
July 20th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I actully went to see a movie for once! :O I never do this...I hate movies...but Batman was enough to pry my from my shell. Really the first 40 minutes or so was nothing but talkings about gotham poltictics and that almost let me down, but the rest of the movie was strong enough to makeup for it. Heath Ledger made the best Joker I've ever seen...massive shame he won't be back for me. But Two Face almost stole the show from him....who ever played Two Face (I know very little about actors...) did an amazing job!

SilverClaw
July 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Ya for more people :D

Heath Ledger made the best Joker I've ever seen...massive shame he won't be back for me. But Two Face almost stole the show from him....who ever played Two Face (I know very little about actors...) did an amazing job! I agree with Heath being the best Joker :)
And the guy who played two face was Aaron Eckhart

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001173/

Heath Ledger's performance really was Oscar worthy, and hopefully he will be recognized. There is rumours that he is being considered but I just think it is to bad that he will not be around to appreciate it. At least it will be something for his family.

Nitefalle
July 29th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I saw Hellboy II last weekend and thought it was FANTASTIC!!!! I loooooved all of the creatures and thought it was so reminiscent of Jim Henson just because Guillermo del Toro actually *created* his creatures instead of just whipping them out of a computer as is the popular trend these days. Did he use CGI? Yes, but it was tasteful and not overwhelming and/or fake-looking. The troll market was amazing, but my favorite was the angel-esque creature inside the dead city. Absolutely gorgeous, reminded me of a Brom painting. Lots more humor than I expected, as well, but it was all appreciated. The visual effects made it more than just a campy action romp.