PDA

View Full Version : Planning on writing a tarot cafe book

Bartmanhomer
July 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I'm planning on writing a Tarot Cafe book which I was very inspired by the manga. But I have a question. Do you think it's good idea to write a Tarot Cafe book and try to publish it? Because I'm going to write out of my own ideas.

Shawn Blackwolf
July 24th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Because I'm going to write out of my own ideas.

But then I can not tell you my idea of whether it is
a good idea , or not...because it is my idea...not yours...:giggle:

Bartmanhomer
July 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM
But then I can not tell you my idea of whether it is
a good idea , or not...because it is my idea...not yours...:giggle:

So it's a bad idea, right?

Shawn Blackwolf
July 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM
So it's a bad idea, right?

It may , or may not be right...

But is it the only idea that is left ?

You could always do a reading...:thumbsup:

Bartmanhomer
July 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM
It may , or may not be right...

But is it the only idea that is left ?

You could always do a reading...:thumbsup:

I guess that a maybe but I'll take my chances. :crown:

Bartmanhomer
July 26th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Anybody else have any comments about it?

Corvus
July 28th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Do you mean writing an original story inspired by the manga but using entirely your own creations, or writing a story based on the manga?

Bartmanhomer
July 28th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Do you mean writing an original story inspired by the manga but using entirely your own creations, or writing a story based on the manga?

The first one, writing an original story inspired by the manga but using my own creations.

SphinYote
July 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
If you plan on publishing, research the copyright issues carefully....if the original creators think your idea is too close to theirs, then it could get you in major legal trouble.

Other than that, go for it, I occasionally write fanfictions for myself, based on TV shows and books I've read.

Enjoy.

Yote

Bartmanhomer
July 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
If you plan on publishing, research the copyright issues carefully....if the original creators think your idea is too close to theirs, then it could get you in major legal trouble.

Other than that, go for it, I occasionally write fanfictions for myself, based on TV shows and books I've read.

Enjoy.

Yote

Ok, thank you! :crown:

Bartmanhomer
July 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM
So could I write a fan-fiction story of tarot cafe and publish it instead?

aranarose
July 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM
You can't publish fan-fic, as the ideas, characters, and concepts belong to the original author/artist/publisher.

Bartmanhomer
July 28th, 2008, 06:30 PM
You can't publish fan-fic, as the ideas, characters, and concepts belong to the original author/artist/publisher.

Not even if I ask permission nor I make up my own characthers? Oh man, this sucks.

David19
July 29th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Not even if I ask permission nor I make up my own characthers? Oh man, this sucks.

If you make up the characters, and the story doesn't resemble, too much, the original story, I think you could publish it, or, maybe, if you did have permission, you could publish it, although, the original owners/holders of the copyright would, probably, have to get some of the money you make too.

Although, I'm not a lawyer, so, maybe, you could talk to your lawyer about this, or someone with more legal expertise (or one of the authors, in MW, they might be able to help you :), like Ben Gruagach (http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=366), etc).

Good luck with your project, though :).

SilverClaw
July 29th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by aranarose http://mysticwicks.com/enlighten/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?p=3632819#post3632819)

Not even if I ask permission nor I make up my own characters? Oh man, this sucks. There are alot of people who do publish fan fics... some do it with the permission of the authors, while others do not. The ones that do not get permission usually are the ones that are sued for Copy right infringement later on. You do not want that mess on your hands Bart

I'm planning on writing a Tarot Cafe book which I was very inspired by the manga. But I have a question. Do you think it's good idea to write a Tarot Cafe book and try to publish it? Because I'm going to write out of my own ideas.Also when it comes to managas there are alot of differences what you can and cannot do so I suggest you contact the author and explain to them what your ideas are... Then take it from there.

ETA: Are you doing this as a manga cause if you are there are some things I can help you with IF this does go through, or if you write an original.

Bartmanhomer
July 30th, 2008, 05:39 PM
There are alot of people who do publish fan fics... some do it with the permission of the authors, while others do not. The ones that do not get permission usually are the ones that are sued for Copy right infringement later on. You do not want that mess on your hands Bart

Also when it comes to managas there are alot of differences what you can and cannot do so I suggest you contact the author and explain to them what your ideas are... Then take it from there.

ETA: Are you doing this as a manga cause if you are there are some things I can help you with IF this does go through, or if you write an original.

I'm doing this for a novel based my own version not the author of the manga.

SilverClaw
July 30th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Ok so no illustrations nothing strictly story ? OK Good luck :)
Keep updates in the Poetry and lit forum will ya ?

Bartmanhomer
July 31st, 2008, 05:57 PM
Ok so no illustrations nothing strictly story ? OK Good luck :)
Keep updates in the Poetry and lit forum will ya ?

No drawing, comics, illustrations or anything like that. Just strictly story.

Bartmanhomer
August 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I finally got through! Today I got an email from John Parker about my Tarot cafe idea and he want me to send me my tarot cafe version to Tokyopop! :crown:

Bartmanhomer
August 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
And here what I suppose to do with this:

http://www.tokyopop.com/corporate/submissions/512

Xander67
November 30th, 2008, 03:51 AM

Enjoy.

Yote

also Bart, do make sure you read the guidlines carefully on the link you posted. DOWNLOAD and fill out the agreement. The Submision requirements are pretty straightforward,