PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Natural Site?

flar7
September 16th, 2002, 01:55 PM
by natural, I mean not made by man/woman.

I love the Grand Canyon, but the Ocean is still my favorite site.
Particularly the Gulf down in Texas on North Padre! Sea Turtle
preserve.

As far as forested Sites, I dont know of many except for all the
wood where I live.......I live in the sticks, sortof.

Nina
September 16th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Hengistbury Head, Poole harbour, Brownsea Island, the North York Moors, Studland Beach - all in the UK. All beautiful. All different, and all very special to me.

Miss the beach, terribly - now live 300 miles from my favourite beach in the world.

Fear-farsain
September 16th, 2002, 04:14 PM
I think my favourite natural site is possibly Alderley Edge in Cheshire, which I normally bike to from where I live. I live pretty much in the suburbs near the outskirts of a national park, which is nice in its own way. But the Vale doesn't really compare with the woods and caves of the Edge.

Actually, now I think about it, I would say that my favourite natural place is Glencoe in Scotland, its an absolutely beautiful place. If only they hadn't removed the Highland Mystery centre. :(

Flaire-FireStar
September 16th, 2002, 09:04 PM
"Big Rock" as the kids called it. It was a massive rock you could sit on that was beside a rushing river, and incredibly soothing in the middle of the summer as it was much cooler there than any other place the kids would hang out at.

Besides that, any clearing the the middle of the forest, or the forest in general. :)