PDA

View Full Version : Two families under one roof

Cemetary_Raven
August 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Until my husband and I can afford to get our own place, we are having to live with his parents along with his moms sister and her husband and his sister, including me, Lilith, and James that makes eight people under one roof.
It's not that I don't like them, it's just that they drive me crazy at times, espically when it comes to Lilith, mine and James' daughter. They tend to do things to her without my consent or James', and James sister thinks that she can just walk out the door with her by herself and take off somewhere, which I don't allow because she's an druggy.
I'm not even going to mention what else she does.
But before I go nutty with my in laws, does any one have any good tips for me?

Amethyst Rose
August 18th, 2008, 10:31 PM
No tips, just *hugs*. No matter how much I love my family I could never live with them again. I usually go batty after being with them for a week. With my ILs, it just takes a few days. :)

Make sure you lay down the law regarding your children, to the other members of the household, though. Oh, and work your ass off so you can get your own place. :) Good luck!

(edit: sorry it took me so long to see this.)

orangeconey
August 18th, 2008, 10:35 PM
All I can say is good luck, and THIS TOO WILL PASS!!

hopefully, hehe

*hugs*

DreamSpell333
August 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
:hugz: to you!!

I've had to move back in with my parents twice!! and have lived with my MIL twice!! It's not easy.
I agree with working as hard as you can to get back on your feet. Do you have any friends who could watch your daughter? Maybe you could get a PT job to help your husband bring in money.. Keep putting as much money each week away that you can. (or in a checking/savings account )

I've wanted to be a SAHM, but have found out that when I work as much as I can. The money always helps us and we struggle alittle less. Right now, im home but babysitting ft. My dd tends to fight with the little girl I watch so I have been contemplating getting a PT job in the future and telling her mom I can no longer watch her. Im hoping they can get along better especially with my dd going into first grade next week so I can still watch her.

Good Luck! :hugz:

H. NightStorm
September 27th, 2009, 01:28 AM
I was in a similar situation when my husband and I were engaged. Lets see we were in a 3 bd mobile home living with my mother-in-law, her sister, my husbands sister and husband and their 2 kids, plus my husband and myself, 4 dogs, a cat, 2 fish tanks, and 2 hamsters. Needless to say it was like we were all pmsing most of the time. There were a lot of problems going on with everyone individually at the time let alone with all of us together. However we made it work, and to be honest have become closer because of it.

The best thing to remember is, it's NOT permanent! You will get out of there eventually. Make sure you ALL use communication skills! We had to learn that one the hard way. If anyone is having a problem with something they need to speak up before it because a huge blow up. Also remember, your all going through the same thing so each of you will have your own "grouchy" moments or days in some cases. Another key thing, work together. No one should expect anyone to do all the house work, or all the grocery shopping, ect ect. Each person should participate with the family day to day needs.

Another thing that helped, find something that several people like to do. Like cooking and make it an adventure, like try new recipies or have cooking contests or something. Make the most out of the time you guys do have together...'cause one day you won't get the chance again.

Anyways, best of luck! Your welcome to message me if you need to vent or something.