PDA

View Full Version : Automatic writing

Astara Seague
August 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM
(disclaimer:smile:)To me automatic writing is a form of mediatation...but if anyone needs to move this thread feel free

I recently ran across my automatic writing journal.. I started it in 2001
when I was first studying angelic communication
some do it for divining purpose I used it for wisdom from "the angels"

has anyone else tried it...and would you like to share some of your Automatic Writings?

Astara Seague
August 8th, 2008, 12:21 PM
it is important to not really think about what you are about to write..dont worry about spelling or grammer errors or even if it makes sense..because some parts may not

to do it is much like a meditation you clear your mind and let your thoughts take over but instead of that...you let the pen in your hand take over and just write

Astara Seague
August 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
here is a example of mine

Date 07/27/01

he is here with you he holds your hand and your heart never disbelieve always know he sees and hears you when you need him,be there for him. close your eyes in dreaming and you will see he has a heart as big as china .

there is too much you do not know never think you know it all because you never will

a beautiful person in glory and form he is your inspiration he is your help do not deny him that oppurtunity to take care of you he will not hurt you he has always been near you kiss his hand and know his heart keep him near to your soul invite him in do not lock him out closed doors seldom open

kindness wins in the end a heart full of joy is a heart full

stand and be counted as one of the few be sure in this world never forget old ways heart and soul in land and abroad in the sea green tidal waves rise and fall so do people take care

aluokaloo
August 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I use it sometimes when I communicate with the kitsune, and my mask. it is quite useful, but i try to cross out answers that might be my own thoughts and not from the spirits thoughts. that's the only major problem for me. To me it is one of the easiest ways to communicate with them.

tallwoman.9169
August 8th, 2008, 12:32 PM
This caught my eye because, I think I'm doing this as I journal my tarot readings. For myself and others. The ones I do for others are here and another forum. I journal while I'm doing the reading. I've noticed my pen moving across the page without conscious thought of what I'm writing. Being a student of psychology, I've heard of this, as well as use in meditation, but I hadn't heard of someone using it with tarot. And it seems the more I turn off what I think, the easier the pen moves across the paper and the words show up.

Astara Seague
August 8th, 2008, 12:34 PM
that is what is so great about it...it can be and is used for anything :thumbsup:

Astara Seague
August 8th, 2008, 06:14 PM
:bumpsmili:bumpsmili
bumping for the night crew to add their experiances

Astara Seague
August 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
heres another example...at the time there was 3 that I sensed assisting me 2 males and a female..this one I noted as the female..as you can probaly tell I was very stressed at the time thinking Id never find my special someone ever...

08/21/2001
Be not afraid of the broken heart the heart mends faster then any broken part of the body there is always a purpose and sunshine after the rain everything that happens has a purpose we may not be aware of now but later it will hit us in the face abd it will click that is why

Stars shine in a emanse sky so does people

when you take the population of the world divided it by half you will see there is more then one person for everyone and if it destiny it shall be

look in all the cars and stores and street cornors there is more people then you can count inyour own town and there are trillon more towns like yours

in this world do not limit yourselfand dont give up the heart will find the wayto the one predestined for you

Phoenix Element
September 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
How do you kick things off when starting an automatic writing session? Do you fix a question in your mind? Focus on a thought or object? Try to empty everything out of mind altogether?

I'm curious! I haven't tried this in a long time. Years ago, I had an exciting experience that started out as a stream of consciousness exercise and ended up very "not me." I'd love to give this another go!

SilverClaw
September 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Well I use it but it comes out more in my poetry writing then anything else, and yes I agree it is like a meditation. And I find myself usually feeling it after wards like I am coming back into myself like from a trance or sleep like state. And usually I find what I write very much not me.... or what was on my mind at that time...

Astara Seague
September 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I just try to sit undisturbed.. pen in hand..I take a deep breath ..then say something like.... I seek wisdom from...you can say a name or leave yourself open to whoever wants to speak..then I go ahead and just let it go..my mind isnt really thinking.. but my hand just writes

if your frightened a protective circle is helpful... I also use incense

tallwoman.9169
September 5th, 2008, 12:43 PM
How do you kick things off when starting an automatic writing session? Do you fix a question in your mind? Focus on a thought or object? Try to empty everything out of mind altogether?

To start, you just start writing down whatever comes into your head. Don't edit it, don't judge it, just write. It may take some time to get to where you actually bypass your brain, but that is where you start. You could have some meditative music playing in the background.

Astara Seague
September 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
To start, you just start writing down whatever comes into your head. Don't edit it, don't judge it, just write. It may take some time to get to where you actually bypass your brain, but that is where you start. You could have some meditative music playing in the background.

yes that is one of the most important thing as I said earlier at the first of this thread and as tallwoman said dont edit it.. dont judge it...just write

aluokaloo
October 13th, 2008, 03:03 PM

I'm curious! I haven't tried this in a long time. Years ago, I had an exciting experience that started out as a stream of consciousness exercise and ended up very "not me." I'd love to give this another go!

yeah you usually just ask questions and wait for the answers after getting into a meditative state.

katsura
August 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Interesting... I tried this at one point, but I don't think I was in the right frame of mind. I am going to try it again and if I am successful I will post here. :D

monsnoleedra
August 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Astara Seague,

I realize this thread is nearly a year old now but I just happened to read it this time and something registered with me.

Of all the times I have tried Autowriting it has always been my experinece that it comes out almost like child scratches and not formed and neat sentance structures. Mine is usually like every few words are readable then chicken scratch then a few etc and back and forth.

So it has me wondering if you use it as a medatative form is that different or feel differant than say as an oricle type form where you ask a question then await the answer.

As someone mentioned earlier I to find I slip into an automatic writing style in my stories and poems. I simply close the mind and let the fingers move across the keys and what ever comes out comes out.

Astara Seague
August 25th, 2009, 01:02 PM
They are very similier :uhhuhuh:
as you know what works well for some doesnt always work the same way for others

as for your chicken scratchs, I wouldnt dismiss them as nothing, you do know there are many other ways to write and if you are communicating with another realm you may write as they do,

you may want to check out magical alphabets, such as runic, or angelic even the witches alphabet and find you may reconginze something on your papers

I had a student once that always wrote in runes, but not on purpose though, he really hadnt ever studied them but when I taught my class on runes he showed me his journal and that is exactly the way he had been writing

we began to decipher them and came up with some amazing stuff:thumbsup: