PDA

View Full Version : Past Life Regression?

Solitude_Wind
August 11th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hey everyone,

I am new to this so I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but feel free to move it if it isn't :uhhuhuh:

I was wondering what psychic ability a person would need to have in order to perform a past life regression for someone? I'm interested in having this done, but want to know more about it before I go forward with it....I have had one done before (10 years ago), but it was quite short and didn't resonate with me.... if that makes sense? LOL

Any help or advice would be much, much appreciated!!

Blessings

Solitude_Wind

BearDancing
August 11th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I have had a guided meditation to a past life...it did not resonate too much with me either

I had a reading from an incredible woman 15 yrs ago...she did not know me from a hole in the ground and she gave me answers to questions I had wondered about for years...she also told me of 3 of my past lives...and all three resonate with me totally..

I have also had visions of past lives and they feel very real too..

One of my visions or realizations came to me when I was painting a ceramic piece....it was a native woman kneeling and weaving...my sister is a weaver so I thought that i was doing it for a gift for her yet I was the one who got the true gift...

I am not sure what you are really asking in your question but I am defilnately willing to share with you....:boing:

Astara Seague
August 11th, 2008, 07:28 PM
if you cant find someone "qualified" to do it...to me that means someone who has done it before more then once... not neccisarily psychic...someone experianced in the path and tht sort of thing..
you can find guided meditations in cassette or CD form but Id not do it alone..make sure someone is at least in the area when you do and will check on you..

There is one I have used.. its called Journeys into past lives by Denise Linn
she is the author of Sacred Space

Solitude_Wind
August 13th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Thank you both for your replies....

FairieSpirit,

I understand how you feel about it not resonating with you, that's how I felt, and it seemed weird, because the person who did it came highly recommended. Perhaps I wasn't as 'open' to it as I would be now....
I would love to have it done again, it's hard to find someone qualified though... I feel that understanding and feeling some of my past lives would help me connect more with myself and what path I am destined for.... What do you think?

Astara Seague,

I wasn't even awre that you could do that by yourself (on a cd). Thank you for recommending that I do not do it alone, because I wasn't aware that you should have someone there to check on you...it makes sense though :)
The CD that you mentioned by Denise Linn, did you find it easy to follow and what did you experience? (If you want to share)

Solitude Wind

Skatha
August 13th, 2008, 04:39 PM
My only advice is to make sure you don't go into it with any expectations. What you end up finding out may not be what you wanted to hear or what you thought you should hear. Alot of times people assume that their past lives were this way or that way. But most of the time that's just the ego taking over. During a past life regression, you will almost never hear what you think you are going to hear.

~Elise~
August 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
My only advice is to make sure you don't go into it with any expectations. What you end up finding out may not be what you wanted to hear or what you thought you should hear. Alot of times people assume that their past lives were this way or that way. But most of the time that's just the ego taking over. During a past life regression, you will almost never hear what you think you are going to hear.

That is sooooooo true. I've done about 20 regressions now for other people. (and not one of them was a famous person :T) People are always surprised. It is always usually very mundane, but interesting none the less.

Elise

Cassie
August 13th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I was wondering what psychic ability a person would need to have in order to perform a past life regression for someone?
I would think it is a great help to be sensitive or psychic when guiding somebody through a past life regression, but there are plenty of people who use hypnosis and/or guided meditation techniquies who don't claim to have any psychic powers at all.

Astara Seague
August 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Thank you both for your replies....

Astara Seague,

I wasn't even awre that you could do that by yourself (on a cd). Thank you for recommending that I do not do it alone, because I wasn't aware that you should have someone there to check on you...it makes sense though :)
The CD that you mentioned by Denise Linn, did you find it easy to follow and what did you experience? (If you want to share)

Solitude Wind
yes for me it was rather easy to follow..
you see I can do them for others but not for myself..
so it was very helpful to me

Liberty
August 13th, 2008, 08:59 PM
You don't need psychic abilities to do a past life regression.
There are numerous psychiatrists that do can do it (through hypnosis). Of course if you want the cheap way, meditating is suppose to work too but I don't have the patience for it so I'm not sure if it works. :weirdsmil

I'm reading a book on the healing power of past life regression, it was written by Dr. Brian Weiss, I think he offers a CD for self regression too. You can try Googling his name to find his website.

~Elise~
August 14th, 2008, 10:17 AM
yes for me it was rather easy to follow..
you see I can do them for others but not for myself..
so it was very helpful to me

Yeah--that's my problem too.

Solya
August 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Mmm, I went to a brilliant woman for this a while ago. She induces trances in people by simply talking with them in a particular way, so in essence you're under hypnosis at that point. Yet you will be able to remember everything that happened during your hypnosis. It was a very healing experience for me and it actually triggered quite a few memories as well.

I also once received a reading from a friend about a past life that didn't resonate with me at all. In that life, I was the victim of abuse that was being inflicted upon me by my husband-in-that-life. The only comfort and solace I found in that life revolved around singing in church. And while I do feel at home in a church, I never felt that I had been the victim of abuse in any of my past lives.

About a year later, however, I was down in the dumps because of a depression. I talked about it with my boss and she saw an entity in my aura that shouldn't be there. We decided to throw him out, but he had a very strong hold on me. I began to feel like I wasn't worth anything, like I wasn't anything special and like I wasn't beautiful. We managed to get rid of him in the end, but as we did so that past life that had never resonated with me before flashed in front of my eyes. I now know for sure that it did happen and that this entity in my aura was my then-husband, so things that might not resonate with you at first might still contain some truths deep down inside...

BearDancing
August 14th, 2008, 07:52 PM
very interesting Solya....and good to know about what does not resonate in the moment may in the future...thank for sharing:uhhuhuh: