PDA

View Full Version : Dog stays with dead owner 6wks

TuathaSidhe
August 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM
German Shepherd Guards Owner (http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20080812/NEWS/863952458/1051/WT.tz=-7&parentprofile=-1)

Now thats my breed! :thumbsup:

Amazing

WitchJezebel
August 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Awwwww. What a good girl.

aranarose
August 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM
If it weren't for her, they might not have ever found the body. Certainly not when they did.

I love German Shepherds. They are my favorite breed, and if I ever get another dog, it will be a Shepherd.

PandoraHealer
August 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Yea!!! I love shepherds!

Do you know where this happened? It says Pawnee land.... which is near here.... but theres a lot of pawnee land...

Just curious...

~PH

Happydeadkitty
August 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
So...why did he bring the dog with? If you're gonna off yourself, you shouldn't bring a poor dog with to fend for themselves after your dead.

Poor dog.

HDK

Bettie
August 12th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Awww, that brought tears to my eyes. What a good dog!

And what sort of selfish prick was the owner, taking the dog out with him when he knew he wasn't going to be returning?

lioncastle
August 13th, 2008, 04:43 AM
The owner was probably not in his right mind, not thinking ahead, not rational at all or able to empathize.
A very sad story, and one of many reasons why I love dogs - all dogs - so deeply.

lioncastle

IrishDancer
August 25th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I tell my husband that that's how my dog would be. My dog is so loyal to me that when I went out of the country, he stayed by our front door and was screaming and moaning for a week and a half. He wouldn't eat and wouldn't drink.

My mom would let me hear him on the phone. I said for a while, "If he gets hungry enough, he'll eat." But he wouldn't. I ended up having to cut the trip short and promised I'd never leave him again.

He won't take food from anyone without looking to me for approval and won't go to bed with any member of the family but me. When I'm gone, he just waits by the door in the dark.

It's sad and I don't want him to be this way. If I died, I know he'd starve.

My husband doubts the loyalty of animals, but it's amazing the emotions they feel. And it goes against traditional "instincts" too. They should live for food and food only, by science's point of view. That Shep should've eaten her owner. But she felt emotions. Probably grief.