PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please reassure me?

Annorah
August 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Having just lost my Mum, nothing seems to be making sense at the moment.

I have been having the strongest impressions that her beloved John was visiting my Mum when she was in hospital and that he was there just behind her right shoulder yesterday as her life slipped peacefully away. I could see a shadow there out of the corner of my eye, but it disappeared when I turned to look (it was definitely not the oxygen cylinder and there was nothing else there).

I have felt that my Mum is very close to me today and several times I have felt her hug me. Later this afternoon, I also had a "vision" of her running down a winding path, through a beautiful wood towards a clearing in the distance. She was like a young girl and was so excited and happy and as she got nearer to the clearing, she turned to wave goodbye and I knew she was waving goodbye to me.

It would be such a comfort if someone could just reassure me that I have not completely lost the plot.

Thank you

A

BearDancing
August 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
All that you have posted sounds so beautiful....I send hugs for your loss, yet your mother has given you a huge gift by letting you see her assent to another level....I am sad for your loss, yet happy that you still have a strong connection with your mother even now that she has ascended....:hugz::hugz:

Lunacie
August 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
My mom died about 6 pm on a Sunday evening. Her spirit had been gone for about 3 days, basically in a coma but to me it felt like her spirit was no longer there in the room with us.

Anyway, that night as I was going to bed - but not asleep yet - I also had a vision. I saw my family standing in the recieving line at Mom's funeral, and the first person to come along the line was none other than Mom. She gave me a hug, and I really could feel it.

I also felt like she was letting me know that my beliefs about the afterlife, which we had argued about when I was a teen, weren't really so wrong after all.

I'm so glad that John was there with your mom to help her with her passing, and that she has been able to let you know that she is happy and out of pain and that she still loves you. :hugz:

Annorah
August 16th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Thank you both - it means so much.

:hugz:

BearDancing
August 16th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you both - it means so much.

YOU my sweet mean so much.....:uhhuhuh:

Artiste-LiLi
August 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM

I have been having the strongest impressions that her beloved John was visiting my Mum when she was in hospital and that he was there just behind her right shoulder yesterday as her life slipped peacefully away. I could see a shadow there out of the corner of my eye, but it disappeared when I turned to look (it was definitely not the oxygen cylinder and there was nothing else there).

I have felt that my Mum is very close to me today and several times I have felt her hug me. Later this afternoon, I also had a "vision" of her running down a winding path, through a beautiful wood towards a clearing in the distance. She was like a young girl and was so excited and happy and as she got nearer to the clearing, she turned to wave goodbye and I knew she was waving goodbye to me.

It would be such a comfort if someone could just reassure me that I have not completely lost the plot.

Thank you

A

You've not lost it sweetie...you're right on the mark.

I walked into mom's bedroom about 2 weeks before mom died and it felt "empty" to me...even though she was only 15 minutes away in the hospital...her room was EMPTY...she no longer lived in that room nor that house. (she lived with my sister)

In the hospital at the end...I KNOW my deceased loved ones were there with us and they were comforting mom and trying to comfort us as well. There were times I could see them turn a corner just ahead of me or I would see one of the walk by the door to mom's room and down the hall..but when I went to look...no one there...completely empty hall.

My husband is a clairvoyant/medium and he has seen mom. He first saw her a day or so after he death and he said she was positively radiant. She looked like the "old" her with a "younger version" superimposed. My 2.5 yr old niece routinely shares her snacks with her Mammie...she will divide out a share of her snack and put it in front of mom's chair and say "That's Mammie's to eat". For her (niece) seeing her Mammie sitting at her usual place at the table is a literal thing. I've seen her in dreams....saw her in one last night...and she looked AWESOME! Younger, more vibrant...just AWESOME.

Gypsyballad
August 18th, 2008, 01:23 AM
I am very sorry to hear that your mom has passed. But like the others have said she has given you a great gift. You were actually able to see her in your dream. She was younger, and happy there. She was able to say goodbye to you in your dream, and you got a chance to see her again.

So, no, you are not losing it.

Cassie
August 18th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I am very sorry to hear that your mom has passed. But like the others have said she has given you a great gift. You were actually able to see her in your dream. She was younger, and happy there. She was able to say goodbye to you in your dream, and you got a chance to see her again.

So, no, you are not losing it.

Ditto.
I am sure you will experience great waves of sadness and loss which are normal in grieving, but I think your mother has left you something beautiful and reassuring which will be a great strength and comfort in the difficult times.

Lady Urania
August 24th, 2008, 04:50 AM
This is back in the day of pagers, beepers, but when my mom was sick, I had told her before she could page me if there was an emergency while I was at work, or needed to get ahold of me at all, or from whatever number, could put like a 5 after it (you know like *5 like they used to do) cause she was born on 12-5. Anyway, the day of her death, less than 12 hours later, got a page, and the ONLY number on it, was a 5.

Other things occured as well, but that one jolted me, and in a good way when I needed reassurance. I felt like it was her telling me she was ok, and there was truly life after death.

My son strangely has an attachment to the number five. I became pregnant with him a couple months after her death, and he was born on 8-15, but hes always been drawn to 5. So Ive wondered if some unconscious process, and because I became pregnant shortly after, was part of the connection.

Thank you

A