PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to come home from a pyschic in tears?

Anchoresque
August 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I had a $25 aura reading yesterday in which the pyschic, who specialized in spirits told me little to no good news. She said that my spiritual vibration level had been a 99 about 4 years ago, but due to me hanging around dark influences it has since plummeted to a 50. She said that I had a dark aura that made others feel uncomforatable around me and that I refused to drop my defenses but I had reason not to trust everyone in my life, because many were nice to my face but said horrible things behind my back. She went on to talk about a past relationship I had that I had put a lot of effort and energy in, but something had gotten in the way with "you and him." This set off a flag because the relationship that was most influencial in my life was with a female. But nonetheless, I was in a state of fascination so I did not become skeptical. And my parents had gotten in the way of this important relationship. The pyschic said that around people are a set of 7 doors, a realm of possibility, and 5 of mine were closed. She said that if I did not receive spiritual help that the remaining 2 that were open may close. She said she saw tears and more heartache, more trying so many things and getting nowhere. The help she suggested was a sort of chakra cleansing and costs $325.

She was right on about how it's hard to me to form a foundation with my plans, and how they often crash down on me because of this. But isn't this something true for a lot of people?

On the way out she told me not to talk about my reading to anyone.

Okay, these are the facts.

Tell me, how possible is it that I got gypped?

Did she spot the sucker?

I'm going to college in a few days. Understandably, I'm a bit apprehensive. I mentioned something about wishing for success in college in the first 5 minutes, when I was told to hold the money in my hand and make 2 wishes, one of which I was to tell her and 1 I had to keep to myself. Do you think she took advantage of my vulnerable position?

Other notes: I had a panic attack afterwards. Aren't pyschics supposed to uplift people and give them advice?

My parents asked why I looked so upset and now they're questioning my mental health for taking this reading to heart.

I'm eleven hundred types of confused right now. I'm nervous and trying to be optimistic, I'm praying and I don't know what to believe as truth... At the reading, looking back I took the perspective of seeing her as kind for telling me the truth and not sugar coating it. Have I made a huge mistake? I can hardly believe I've been so easily influenced by yesterday's turn of events. And now that it's a brand new day I'm very unsure where to turn.

Any pyschics on mystic wicks: Does anything this woman has said sound familiar to readings you have given, things you have seen? Would you give someone such a hopeless reading with little advice besides asking for money in exchange for her work and genuinely offer it as help? Anything true you say will help me out. Thank you.

August 20th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hugs.

Calm down. Breathe.

She was a fraud.

I just had my own aura reading done and what she talked about never comes up in those types of readings. Those things never come up unless someone wants money.

Please, I hope you did not pay any money for the cleansing.

brymble
August 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I am a professional psychic. Sounds like bullshit to me. This woman is a bully, a scammer, and a fraud. Don't give her any more money.

Furthermore, she is breaking the law. If she is "diagnosing" you with a psychic condition and "prescribing" a treatment for which she is demanding money, she is attempting to practice medicine or psychology without a licence.

Do not go back to this person, in fact, I would encourage you to report her to the local authorities.

Graelwyn
August 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Best advice I can give is to take anything that is useful...and discard the rest. She sounds as if she enjoys giving bad news...Some psychics do insist on being to the point and blunt, and not beating about the bush and speaking what the person wishes to hear, but this sounds different. I would be wary of both extremes: those who only have nice, airy fairy things to say, and those who only come out with a pile of negative stuff with no positive.

Don't let it panic you...remember, everyone can be psychic but only a few develop it properly and use it responsibly. Treat her as being no more knowledgeable about your future and past than you are. because in truth, she is not.

Lunacie
August 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I agree that she was just trying to scare you into paying her more money.

You can get a tarot or rune reading from someone here at MW for free that will be a lot more honest, and a lot more accurate. Just visit the Tarot or Runes forums and see if someone is offering any readings right now. If not, start a thread asking for a reading.

And learn to develop your own personal BS detection meter. :uhhuhuh:

Artiste-LiLi
August 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I had a $25 aura reading yesterday in which the pyschic, who specialized in spirits told me little to no good news. She said that my spiritual vibration level had been a 99 about 4 years ago, but due to me hanging around dark influences it has since plummeted to a 50. She said that I had a dark aura that made others feel uncomforatable around me and that I refused to drop my defenses but I had reason not to trust everyone in my life, because many were nice to my face but said horrible things behind my back. She went on to talk about a past relationship I had that I had put a lot of effort and energy in, but something had gotten in the way with "you and him." This set off a flag because the relationship that was most influencial in my life was with a female. But nonetheless, I was in a state of fascination so I did not become skeptical. And my parents had gotten in the way of this important relationship. The pyschic said that around people are a set of 7 doors, a realm of possibility, and 5 of mine were closed. She said that if I did not receive spiritual help that the remaining 2 that were open may close. She said she saw tears and more heartache, more trying so many things and getting nowhere. The help she suggested was a sort of chakra cleansing and costs $325.

She was right on about how it's hard to me to form a foundation with my plans, and how they often crash down on me because of this. But isn't this something true for a lot of people?

Did she spot the sucker?

I'm going to college in a few days. Understandably, I'm a bit apprehensive. I mentioned something about wishing for success in college in the first 5 minutes, when I was told to hold the money in my hand and make 2 wishes, one of which I was to tell her and 1 I had to keep to myself. Do you think she took advantage of my vulnerable position?

Other notes: I had a panic attack afterwards. Aren't pyschics supposed to uplift people and give them advice?

My parents asked why I looked so upset and now they're questioning my mental health for taking this reading to heart.

I'm eleven hundred types of confused right now. I'm nervous and trying to be optimistic, I'm praying and I don't know what to believe as truth... At the reading, looking back I took the perspective of seeing her as kind for telling me the truth and not sugar coating it. Have I made a huge mistake? I can hardly believe I've been so easily influenced by yesterday's turn of events. And now that it's a brand new day I'm very unsure where to turn.

Any pyschics on mystic wicks: Does anything this woman has said sound familiar to readings you have given, things you have seen? Would you give someone such a hopeless reading with little advice besides asking for money in exchange for her work and genuinely offer it as help? Anything true you say will help me out. Thank you.

Ok...this is about the "psychic" not you or what you have written....

*SPAM ALERT*

There now...I feel a lot better.

Honey, I'm married to a psychic and I've talked with literally HUNDREDS of people from all over the world acting as his "booking agent" (Yeah, that's right..I'm his Pimpette!!!!!:hehehe:). I do not have enough time or strength in my fingers to type out all the people I've spoken to who have been in just your position. She's scamming you honey.

All that negativity got you down? Worried about negative energies around you and cleansing them from yourself? Don't know where to turn? Let me help...........

Go to the local cheapo dollar store and get you a couple of white candles and let me know when you get back home. I'll tell you how to take care of all that "crud" all by your little self and I'll do it free of charge.

Artiste-LiLi
August 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Oh....I just shared this with my husband....he says he'll do a FREE half hour reading for you and HE'LL even CALL YOU so you have NO long distance charges.

If you're interested just private message me and we'll get it all set up.

Artiste-LiLi
August 20th, 2008, 07:22 PM
OH!!!! And I would like to add this.......that anytime a reader tells you to "NOT talk to ANYONE about your reading!"....they're usually trying to scam you and a lot of other folks. Whether or not a client discusses what went on or was said during their reading...is entirely up to them.

ignescentphoenix
August 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Its sad, But sometimes you need to excercise caution when dealing with 'psychics'. This woman was totally trying to scam you into giving her more money. Don't take this reading to heart. She was off about your past relationship, and 'offered' to cleanse you for 325 dollars. Right this off as a bad experience with a loony. I have a friend who is a medium, and she told me to watch out for fakes. I would bet money that this woman is a fraud. Don't let it get you down.

ignescentphoenix
August 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
OH!!!! And I would like to add this.......that anytime a reader tells you to "NOT talk to ANYONE about your reading!"....they're usually trying to scam you and a lot of other folks. Whether or not a client discusses what went on or was said during their reading...is entirely up to them.

What she said :hehehehe:

Anchoresque
August 20th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I feel relieved that this is a somewhat common thing, angry, gullible, but... relieved.

My grandmother, my Meme assured me as well with stories, as well as a good bit of my family. It's just very hard for me when I've worked up a bit of respect and acknowledgement in pyschics and faith in spirituality.

I did not pay her anymore of my money. I don't plan on going back. I've got to trust myself, my word over someone else's. My reality, the strengths within me.

She played on my insecurities about past failures. Maybe she could pick up on that because I became tense or the response in my voice. It's bullshit. Complete crap. She didn't know anything about me. She didn't pick up on my love for 80's music or my velcro fetish.

But honestly, is it even possible for someone's Aura to be that yucky that you would need outer assistance to get things right again?

ignescentphoenix
August 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I feel relieved that this is a somewhat common thing, angry, gullible, but... relieved.

My grandmother, my Meme assured me as well with stories, as well as a good bit of my family. It's just very hard for me when I've worked up a bit of respect and acknowledgement in pyschics and faith in spirituality.

I did not pay her anymore of my money. I don't plan on going back. I've got to trust myself, my word over someone else's. My reality, the strengths within me.

She played on my insecurities about past failures. Maybe she could pick up on that because I became tense or the response in my voice. It's bullshit. Complete crap. She didn't know anything about me. She didn't pick up on my love for 80's music or my velcro fetish.

But honestly, is it even possible for someone's Aura to be that yucky that you would need outer assistance to get things right again?

Everyone gets tricked sometime, so don't worry about it. You dont need outer assistance to get things 'right' again, especially from a crazy that charges 325 dollars. Id rather spend that money at a spa, that would clear me right up, and still have enough to buy new shoes.:hahugh:

LadyLuthien
August 21st, 2008, 01:17 AM
Oh....I just shared this with my husband....he says he'll do a FREE half hour reading for you and HE'LL even CALL YOU so you have NO long distance charges.

If you're interested just private message me and we'll get it all set up.

That's so sweet of you and your hubby to do that for her :)

LadyLuthien
August 21st, 2008, 01:18 AM
I agree. Something about this does not sit right.... I hope you're feeling better some how :hugz:

Artiste-LiLi
August 21st, 2008, 06:46 AM

Glad to hear that you didn't spend any more with her. It is truly sad to say, but there are many out there who will prey on people.....especially if they pick up on the slightest hint of an insecurity. They also look at age...the young and the "old" (old being a relative term and all) and they usually consider them to be an "easier mark", someone they can manipulate. They also ruin a lot of stuff for a lot of people; they rip people off, they cause ill will and disbelief in clients and the general populace and they just make it hard for truly gifted people to do their jobs!

While I do believe that there are imbalances that can occur spiritually that require guidance and assistance to clear them up and return to a state of "healthy" (I'm a healer and energy worker).........I also believe that the actual work is done by the client and SPIRIT with me as a "facilitator" and guide. How I "facilitate" healing and balance is by allowing Spirit to work through me to either help me manipulate energy or by allowing Spirit to manipulate my body in regards to where to work, where to place my hands, how long to work on one specific area, what type work to do, etc. How I "guide" is by sharing with the client what Spirit has shared with me in regards to what the client needs to do to help themselves. Do I charge for my services? You betcha...I have to eat and have a place to live too.........BUT..........I don't charge exhorbitantly (many times I tell people to just pay what they can afford because I know they don't really have it to pay and they need the help) and my clients have come to me specifically for healing sessions....I NEVER bring up in conversation or during a reading an: "Oh! You have so much 'etheric junk' in your aura that you are in danger of shutting down! I can fix that for you for a mere _______insert huge amount here______. Just be sure you don't tell anyone about this" Why, if no one told anyone else about my work...how the heck am I supposed to get new clients?!?! The bulk of my business (and my husband's) comes from "word of mouth".

Anyway honey, I'm glad you didn't give her more money and that you can see what she was trying to do.

Take care!

Phoenix Blue
August 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM
Possibly -- but you'd almost certainly want a second opinion before you shelled out any money for one. Especially considering that a lot of Pagan healers would probably offer the cleansing gratis.

SphinYote
August 22nd, 2008, 10:50 AM
It happens.

I have no respect for one of the local tarot readers in my town, because in a reading she told my mom she'd die if she stayed in her marriage. Now, since the marriage is falling apart, I know mom probably mentioned it, bbut for the woman to play it like that was just nasty.

Problem is, even when we're skeptical, so often a certain part of us takes it to heart. Mom was scared by this, even though she was skeptical of it. Waited over a year to even mention it to me, because she thought that since I collect tarot decks, then I would believe it. If she'd just told me I could ahve reassured her that the cards don't work that way. As it was, it was another friend of hers who also reads cards that finally gave her some peace of mind on the matter.

Another reader in town did something similar, though not quite so dire, and offered to do a candle ritual for a few hundred dollars....

Yote

aranarose
August 22nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
Any psychic that asks for extreme amounts of money ($325 for a chakra cleansing that would likely take her two minutes is INSANE!) is pretty likely to be a fraud.

Also, the whole "Don't tell anyone about your reading," is a big red flag that she's a scripted cold reader with a limited number of scripts. Which means she recycles the same bullshit again and again for different clients, and if you go around talking about your reading, there's a good chance you'll bump into someone who was told the exact same things!

There are some basic commonalities between the people that will go to a psychic for a reading. They are likely to be open-minded, and struggling to either recover from past bad relationships or struggling through a currently bad relationship. They tend to have lower self-esteem, and are usually women. Knowing this, it's easy for a scam artist to pull their bullshit games, and it makes it even harder for legitimate professionals.

brymble
August 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
For the record:

It is illegal for a psychic to predict physical death or illness, unless they are also a qualified medical professional.

It is illegal for the psychic to "diagnose" a condition and "prescribe" treatment, unless they are a qualified medical or psychological professional.

It is illegal for a psychic to offer any service or advice they are not legally qualified to give, such as financial, medical, or legal. Referrals to helplines and qualified professionals are perfectly ok, however.

In most states, a disclaimer of "for entertainment only" is required for most psychics, unless they are offering a combined service which they are legally qualified to offer, such as spiritual/religious counselling or life coaching, the legal definitions of which, however, are pretty vague.

watersprite
August 22nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
I am agreeing with everyone here, this person is a fraud and SHOULD be reported. I can feel my hackles rising over this. Sometimes That just happens.
I am sending you healing energy. Let go of this person, they are making you doubt yourself.

Annorah
August 22nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
:hugz:

So sorry that you have been put through this.

You might like to check out Shatril's threads on the Chakras:

http://mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=399

Also, I make therapeutic crystal jewellery, so if you would like a chakra piece, please PM me your details and I will willingly make something for you.

Brightest of blessings

A

Lady Urania
August 24th, 2008, 04:40 AM
If you lost only $25 bucks you're allright, and you didnt give into the 'big one' in fear.

There are fraudulent psychics who will offer a rather cheap reading, and then tell you horrible shit of doom and get you to try to pay the bigger bucks.

Thing is, what she probably woulda done, say if you had paid the $325, is say you needed 'more cleaning' and then charged more, and more and more. The game for frauds like this is to keep it going with folks, paying and paying, until finally they just, stop coming and wise up and say 'hey, something is wrong..."

As far as pinning on the relationship - lets face it. The majority of folks who will go for a reading, are people who are having issues, in work, with money, with relationships, family. So she cast a rod, and fished, caught something, but if you look back, what happened was, you really gave her the answer. She probed, you somewhere, actually, gave her the info, "yes, had a relationship" and she ran with it.

Keep in mind its not you're a sucker - these guys are just good at what they do, when they do it. Many times sure, folks will walk on, but its the ones who get hooked in fear, they roll with.

As far as doing any cleansings, or if you feel you really need it - theres plenty online how to do, or ask people howto, cause theres so many different techniques how to chakra clear, meditate, ground, etc. But thats irrelevant. Main thing is, you have to now unhook from the fear she put you under, making you feel you were doomed if she didnt rescue you and perform this whole chakra cleansing deal for you.

Did she spot the sucker?

Lady Urania
August 24th, 2008, 04:43 AM

Good point. Cause everyone would go 'get away from them!' A decent psychic will even allow you to tape record the session, so any psychic saying dont tell anyone about it, is totally trying to keep you sheltered from all who would talk them out of going back.

~Belladonna~
September 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Sounds to me like this woman was cold reading you (in other words she was a fraud)!

She obviously played on your vulnerable, emotional side and then tried to convince you that without this $325 Chakra Cleansing you wouldn't be able to move on in your life as these so-called other doors would close too :eyebrow: What a load of old s**t!!!

I know this must have been upsetting for you but I think you know just as well as we do that this woman was a lier and that your best bet is to just forget about it and move on.

The more you think about the reading and what she said the more you're feeding it and giving it energy. This is where the trouble can start because what you end up doing is literally making something out of nothing and start to bring troubles on that weren't there before. This is where you start to believe the "psychic" was right, when really all you're doing is bringing the bad luck on yourself but giving her words so much energy that they start to manifest. See where this is going?

Just forget about it. Laugh at it, if you can. The main thing is you do not let this reading take over, otherwise it will do just that, and that is what she wants. It's all more $$$ for her and it's obvious she doesn't care who she hurts to get it.

I hope this helps!

Drouach
September 29th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I've worked up a bit of respect and acknowledgement in pyschics

Yes, this is a mistake of your age. I was the same way at 18.

Here's a little tip - you shouldn't respect so-called 'psychics' very much. No offence to our wonderful friends on the forum, but most 'psychics' I've met are not as sensitive as I would have hoped, and being psychic, or claiming to be, does nothing to make them better people, worthy of any more respect than anyone else you meet on the street.

Finally.....I've always thought the whole chakra thing is BS. This is coming from me, a guy who has visions of the future, is empathic, etc etc.

You have to become more street-wise when dealing with people you meet on the street of life, and I believe you will be.

Lunacie
September 29th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Yes, this is a mistake of your age. I was the same way at 18.

Here's a little tip - you shouldn't respect so-called 'psychics' very much. No offence to our wonderful friends on the forum, but most 'psychics' I've met are not as sensitive as I would have hoped, and being psychic, or claiming to be, does nothing to make them better people, worthy of any more respect than anyone else you meet on the street.

Finally.....I've always thought the whole chakra thing is BS. This is coming from me, a guy who has visions of the future, is empathic, etc etc.

You have to become more street-wise when dealing with people you meet on the street of life, and I believe you will be.

While I consider a chakra cleansing unnecessary, I do find it helpful to do a chakra balancing and an aura cleansing. The study of chakras and other energy meridians is not just an old and honored concept, I believe science is just now catching up with this theory of energy meridians within the body.

Lady White Tree
October 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM
Totally forget this reading.

Using the word "reading" in this case is quite ridiculous. You can give her credit for being a talented scam artist if nothing else.

Anyone who purports to be a psychic and tells someone that they are up s%&^t creek unless they commit to some expensive "procedure" then their motives are pretty plain. Mortgage brokers, car dealers and encyclopaedia salespeople all operate in this way. :gagged:

In a genuine reading you will feel emotional but not desolate. You should definitely not feel any worse than when you went in! As regards any spiritual healing that you might need - you are healed during the reading by the Spirits that surround you and care for you, by the nurturing love of heaven.

You are not as she said. Chalk it up to experience.

You are loved, more than you know. :ringaroun