PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Rat, #12: UNNNNNG!

Little Billy
August 26th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Okay, so you’re stuck on this planet with the humans, right? No, scratch that. You’re in a giant convertible full of screaming monkeys, careening around the sun. Despite the fact that this is the only car known to exist, many of the monkeys are busy shitting on the seats and killing each other in ways detrimental to the vehicle. A few of the monkeys occasionally suggest different behavior, but they are either ignored or killed.

Is it any wonder that benevolent aliens never show up to visit?

Sure, we get lots of the other kind of aliens...stupid drunken frat kids buzzing the rubes, playing “hide the probe”, and occasionally piling up daddy’s spaceship in New Mexico...but that’s all we’re ever going to get, because this is the trailer park of the galaxy.

And whose fault is that? Who refuses to see that there is light at BOTH ends of the tunnel, and you just have to walk out, instead of fighting over whose fault the darkness is?

Think about it. When is the last time anyone BUILT something? We used to build pyramids and cathedrals and suspension bridges...but all we build now is bombs and “detainment camps”. Har! Another dozen useless atomic bombs? Sure! Low cost housing? Hold on, now...no need to get all crazy.

We make lots of useless crap, of course...but don’t expect the next Taj Mahal any time soom. There’s no ART, but there’s lots of STUFF. In fact there’s SO much stuff that we’re drowning in CRAP. Even though it’s still better than not enough, there’s too much. Something has to give...and, if history is any indicator, that something is you.

Or maybe not you, if you live in a wealthy nation. Not yet. Right now, it’s probably someone who lives in a nation that has STUFF that your nation WANTS. Yes, America has gone from a nation of progress and innovation, to the largest armed robber in the world.

Don’t it make ya proud? Doesn’t it just make you want to eat stars and shit stripes? Good old Uncle Sam has traded in his star spangled duds for fatigues and an M4, and is going to teach those dirty Ay-rabs a lesson they’ll never forget, for the crime of being there.

How’s that? Are you ready for that? Are you ready for the fact that America hasn’t just gone astray this time...no, it’s rotten to the very core. Bush didn’t do all this crap in a vacuum, after all. He had huge popularity ratings for the majority of his abuses, and yawns for the rest.

But it’s all for “freedom”, right? And freedom is the means by which we prosper? WRONG. Freedom is its own end, the HIGHEST political end, and you pissed it away.

Get the hell off my planet.

Or kill me.

Amilee
August 27th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah, as stunned as I am right now in the face of your awsomeness I`m just gonna say I`m with you on this one...

`cause I seriously can`t think of what else to say.

Phoenix Blue
August 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Get the hell off my planet.
Better yet ... leave them to this one, and let the rest of us start over with a clean slate.

Little Billy
August 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Better yet ... leave them to this one, and let the rest of us start over with a clean slate.

None of the other planets have air. :weirdsmil

Thunder
August 27th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Plus which, I have seen the enemy and he is us. We'd jus muck up the new planet too. Where ever you go, there you are.

Little Billy
August 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Plus which, I have seen the enemy and he is us. We'd jus muck up the new planet too. Where ever you go, there you are.

Not if we don't take the humans.

Xander67
August 27th, 2008, 10:51 PM
None of the other planets have air. :weirdsmil

Mars has water....

Just sayin lol

A thought provoking post Doc!

Against The Tide
August 28th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Wow the thought provoking awesomeness got me to post in discord forums.

Thunder
August 28th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Not if we don't take the humans.A whole world filled with owls and horrible bastards............. I'll have to give this some thought.

Done.........

I think we need some women.

Phoenix Blue
August 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
a whole world filled with owls and horrible bastards............. I'll have to give this some thought.

Done.........

I think we need some women.
byow.

)O( ~ Khara~ )O(
August 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM
What if the women don't like the male choices?

Seriously... Excellent piece.

It still disturbs me. But most of your stuff does in that it makes me think on things I've always avoided thinking about. Not sure whether to thank you or run screaming from the internet....

Eh.... Thanks!!!