PDA

View Full Version : Do you find Celtic Reconstructionism spiritually satisfying?

Nuadu
September 16th, 2008, 07:02 AM
Do you find Celtic Reconstructionism spiritually satisfying?

I ask because I think a religion should promote spiritual growth and unity with the natural world that exists around you after all there are plenty of ways to discipline your mind and body but only religion to discipline the soul. I have been looking at my countries native religion for a little while and while I would not call what I do CR and while it has been rewarding in other area's it hasn't matured my spirit much and I don't feel that area of my life is often sated and never satisfied.

childofbast
September 16th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't call myself a Reconstructionist purist, but I certainly rely heavily on Recon tendencies in my Druidic practices. They do, in my opinion, fulfill me spiritually in many ways. Because I am so interested in the Gods, reading about them helps me feel closer to them. Reading about the history of Ireland, little by little, helps me to feel closer to the land and the spirit of it. In turn, it all helps me to feel closer to my Irish ancestors.

~Melanie

Seren_
September 18th, 2008, 09:15 AM
All I know is that what I do works for me. I enjoy the challenge of evolving my own practices and I enjoy learning new things. It's been a journey and it's taken a while for me to find my feet in terms of feeling confident in what I do, and feeling comfortable with the more experiential side of things.

I'm an academically minded sort of person so the study side of CR comes naturally to me, but at the same time it's easy for me to get bogged down in that and forget to actually live my spirituality. Now I've realised that I've been working on getting the balance right and it's opened up a lot for me, on a very personal level. I'd say it's helped me to evolve, spiritually, and is continuing to do so, but it's not something I can really put into words...

Nuadu
September 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for replying Tomas, childofbast and Seren its good to have people to chat with openly about Celtic Spirituality :D

When I want to interact with Gods I spend time at our cultural sites and most if not all of my experiance in our native religion comes from those visits, I read our early history through to our contemporary history and research my family genealogy... It doesn't leave me feeling fullfilled.

What do you find is the most spiritually fulfilling part of Celtic Reconstructionism?
Maybe I need to change my focus and take a leaf from the CR book...

Nuadu
September 18th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply again Tomas :)

Are you inviting the gods and spirits into your home? Is your religiosity confined to just visiting ancestral sites? Are you living Irish Polytheism?

I don't invite Gods into my home for various reasons but I could honour them more then I am in the art in the house to make them more a part of everyday life. Thanks for the advice Tomas!

The obvious things sometimes elude me.