PDA

View Full Version : I HATE My Neighbors!

raistlin
September 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
I hate my upstairs neighbors. They are so freaking loud and really, really rude.

1. They scream at their dog. Constantly. They're always yelling at him to shut up if he barks so much as once.

2. I'm pretty sure they hit him. I just heard them screaming at them a few minutes ago and he was whining afterward like he'd been hit.

3. The first day they moved in, they parked their car backwards. All of the cars on our street were facing right, and their was facing left. >_>

4. Again, on the first day they moved in, they were walking past my house (and being really loud about it), when Tanis (my dog) barked at them. They told him to "shut up" and called him "stupid." Chick, you're getting a lot more than a "shut up stupid" from me if you ever say that to my dog again.

5. My mom was outside with Tanis. They knew that they were out there. So, they walk by with their dog, and my mom's holding Tanis back, and their dog's jumping up, and they have the nerve to scream at my mom when she and Tanis are being perfectly fine and they're the ones who aren't controlling they're on dog?

I really hate them. And you know what? If I hear them screaming at their dog one more time, I'm calling animal control. Maybe someone can rescue their dog and put him into a home he deserves, one that doesn't abuse him.

watersprite
September 23rd, 2008, 11:10 PM
First, make sure that your dog is legally in the apartment, with all deposits paid and all shots up to date.
After this is done, feel free to go to the management office and report them, AND tell them that you are afraid that they are abusing their dog, and why. Insist on a written copy of your complaint with the signature of the manager and yourself and get a copy. It is definitely interfering with your studies. Tell them you plan to call animal control and the police because of the noise and the crying dog. If you are not of age, have your Mom do it.
Especially if she is the lease holder.
Then, you would be covered when the police or animal control come.

PandoraHealer
September 24th, 2008, 01:33 AM
er yha.....
You might also call a rescue group--- don't know if the dog is full blood or not--- but it may be worth a phone call..... The dog group I fostered for wouldn't help-- but I get complaints about reptiles a lot from apt. complexes (management- not residents) and I have gone to pick them up before....

Might help you or management find a way to keep the dog from going to the pound if you can get hooked up with a rescue group and pass that info on to management....

make sense?

anyway--- yha... sounds like hell for sure!!

Good luck and keep us posted!

~Ph

lioncastle
September 24th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Good advice so far, I might add that some rescue groups will take in a dog that looks to be even half purebred.It depends on the breed. We will do it in Canada in Ridgeback rescue becasue, thankfully, we aren't overrun with rescues (RRs are more popular in the US). Very popular breeds might not be able to accommodate a mix but some will at least be able to direct you to an all dog rescue organization. For example my own rescue (not set up yet) will take in ANY surrendered senior dog of any breed or mix, period. There are groups who will do this too.

A few resources although I could help more if I new where you are. Feel free to PM me.

http://www.sunbearsquad.org/

http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/agencies.breed.html
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/bobbicares.html

My heart breaks for that dog. I hope to hear you were able to take action.

lioncastle

Terra Mater
September 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
What does the direction they park their car in have to do with anything?

BlackLili
September 24th, 2008, 07:15 PM
could be that it makes it fit funny on the street or in the lot?

I have neighbors that insist on parking funny in my lot too. About half the time it means I can't park at all when they do it. I've left them notes but I'm pretty sure they're all drunks. I can see how a bad parking job can diminish one's endearment of one's neighbors though.

Carri
September 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I won't presume to speak for the poster but I took it as an example of the loud behavior sowing that even their quiet beavior stands out. And I think after someone she is stuck living near yells at her dog and mom she would be irritated at anything they do that may stand out. And this is made worse by the looming possibility of more rudeness and irritation and the utter reality of being stuck with this or moving herself. But I am just speculating that this is where the feelings and irritation about the car being parked wrong are stemming from.

raistlin
September 28th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Sorry it took me so long to respond;

The neighbors were screaming at their dog again yesterday, and today. >__>;

Since our landlord works with animal shelters and pretty much forced us into fostering a dog, (in other words, she wouldn't put up with this garbage) my mom reported the issue to her.