PDA

View Full Version : Sensitivity to electrical energy

Cassie
October 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Are there any others here who have a particular sensitivity to electrical energy?
I can sense electrical fields. For example I always know when thunderstorms are near and I can often tell if people turn electrical devices on or off within about 50 meters of me. Sometimes it can be quite amusing, a bit of a parlour trick, but other times is quite unpleasent and can cause migaines. There are times when this ability seems to amplify my more general psychic awareness, but it can also wipe it out completely for a while.
Does anyone else have this kind of sensitivity? And if so, how does it interact with your other psychic abilities?

Rudas Starblaze
October 8th, 2008, 11:28 AM
yes!
and it also sucks not being able to wear a watch or keep a cell phone close to my body cause it drains the batteries 10 times quicker too. for instance, watches with batteries die on me in less than 2 days.
and dont even get me started on static electricity... one of the jobs i worked at, getting shocked due to static electricity is the norm... but to shoot a freakin lightening bolt from your finger into a metal object at 1-1/2 feet away is a bit much.... and it hurt like hell too!!!

watersprite
October 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yes, I have experienced those energies. But my Dad couldn't wear a battery watch either.
I get terrible migraines if I am around the older tube florescent lights too long, and when I HAVE a migraine, they make a terrible sound. Like a nerve jangling high pitched buzz. A truly indescribable sound. On carpet I have to touch glass before I can touch anything metal, even barefooted. But I LOVE the feel of an electrical storm. It seems to fill me with energy.
The headaches shut me down for hours. Very little gets through, and what does is painful. I have to shut myself up on a cold dark room like some kind of vampire with ice on my head.

Cassie
October 8th, 2008, 11:57 AM
but to shoot a freakin lightening bolt from your finger into a metal object at 1-1/2 feet away is a bit much.... and it hurt like hell too!!!
Always suspected you were an X-Man or a Hero!

Yes, I have experienced those energies. But my Dad couldn't wear a battery watch either.
I get terrible migraines if I am around the older tube florescent lights too long, and when I HAVE a migraine, they make a terrible sound. Like a nerve jangling high pitched buzz. A truly indescribable sound. On carpet I have to touch glass before I can touch anything metal, even barefooted. But I LOVE the feel of an electrical storm. It seems to fill me with energy.
The headaches shut me down for hours. Very little gets through, and what does is painful. I have to shut myself up on a cold dark room like some kind of vampire with ice on my head.
That sounds a lot like my experiences, I don't have the sound thing though, thankfully.
I wonder if there have been any studies into this kind of sensitivity?
(Will google it)

Rudas Starblaze
October 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM

aye! (cant think of anything else to add to that! lol)

Always suspected you were an X-Man or a Hero!

That sounds a lot like my experiences, I don't have the sound thing though, thankfully.
(Will google it)

well, i still cant fly yet! :sadman:
and im pretty sure there has been studies on it. i saw something about it on discovery channel years ago. lol

LostSheep
October 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I get terrible migraines if I am around the older tube florescent lights too long, and when I HAVE a migraine, they make a terrible sound. Like a nerve jangling high pitched buzz..

I don't think that's all that uncommon. They're immensely irritating, flourescent tubes (and very difficult to spell). The ones in the classrooms at school would drive you nuts. (well, me at any rate, though I suppose it would be hard to tell. :-/ )

Rudas Starblaze
October 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I don't think that's all that uncommon. They're immensely irritating, flourescent tubes (and very difficult to spell). The ones in the classrooms at school would drive you nuts. (well, me at any rate, though I suppose it would be hard to tell. :-/ )

and thats cause youre already nuts? lol :crazyman:

watersprite
October 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Well, they did. I have had migraines since childhood. They said that it was my bad mitral valve of my heart that did it, but 7 years after I got the surgery, they still come. Just not as often.

GEBS
October 8th, 2008, 12:15 PM

I hate that sound! I was thinking yesterday that I hate the sound of "silence" because all I hear is the electricity. It makes my eyes hurt.

Your headache remedy is the only thing that ever helps my head. I get the worst headaches.

My brother shuts down computers when he gets near them. He has to reign in his energy so that he can use them.

watersprite
October 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I hate that sound! I was thinking yesterday that I hate the sound of "silence" because all I hear is the electricity. It makes my eyes hurt.

Your headache remedy is the only thing that ever helps my head. I get the worst headaches.

My brother shuts down computers when he gets near them. He has to reign in his energy so that he can use them.

I take a Coke for the caffeine, since I am not able to hold anything else down, and put Ice on the back of my neck and my forehead. I put pillows under my knees so my back won't hurt. I put in ear plugs and turn my little air conditioner in my room on "frigid."
That works better than anything. I can still hear the old florescent in the kitchen if somebody turns it on, right through the earplugs.
Interestingly enough, I feel very electrically drained when i get a migraine. Since our bodies are filled with electric signals, the ice just seems to numb the nerves, that are SO on edge.
I wonder if the Ice thing would do that for somebody having an Overly sensitive moment. Like a buffer.

Shaman7
October 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I can hear a muted television from across the house... and I can't stand that high pitch sound of a TV screen. The new HD TVs don't seem to be as bad though. That could just be good hearing, except my hearing is actually pretty shot. I constantly make people repeat themselves.

I never thought much about it before, but my phone battery does last a lot longer when it isn't with me. I actually lost my phone for three days last week and found it with almost a full charge, despite having message reminders and incoming calls flashing. It might last a day if I have it on me, even if I don't use it. Weird.

I'm not sure how related this is, but I've been noticing it more recently... street lights going out as I drive under them. I've considered the angle of my headlights, other cars being on the road, and all kinds of things... but as far as I can tell, I am the only common factor. Only certain lights do it (probably ones that are close to burning out?), and I can't explain why. Anyone else have this experience?

Lunacie
October 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Changes in the weather almost always give me a migraine. I'm tired of arguing with doctors who say it's probably sinus, or that I should keep a journal of what I eat or what stresses me. For 40 years now it's been the same thing every time - the weather. It's been so chaotic weather-wise in my area lately that I've only had 2 days in the last 3 weeks that I actually appreciated being alive.

Going into a dark quiet room doesn't make my headache go away, but the light and the noise make me crazy even when I don't have a migraine so I go away by myself so I don't make my family feel guilty by crying or scare them by screaming at them. Nothing has helped with these headaches since I lost my health insurance 8 years ago and couldn't afford the prescription meds anymore.

(Will google it)

Yes, there have been studies. I've seen it called by several different labels. The two I can remember at the moment (I still have the migraine) are SID (sensory integration dysfunction or disorder) and HSP (highly sensitive people). We are not alone.
:weirdsmil

Astara Seague
October 8th, 2008, 12:57 PM
as for me I always create static..on TV and Radio if I get too close..
and sometimes I can find radio stations that are clear as a bell while I am holding the button or sitting close by but when I move it goes out to static

my computer gets issues sometimes too because of me
because it doesnt happen to anyone else and I have had it checked
out before

I cant use walkie talkies either

Shaman7
October 8th, 2008, 01:00 PM
and sometimes I can find radio stations that are clear as a bell while I am holding the button or sitting close by but when I move it goes out to static

I've experienced these too, though I always thought that everyone had this problem. I'm so playing with my radio when I get home from work...

LostSheep
October 8th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure how related this is, but I've been noticing it more recently... street lights going out as I drive under them. I've considered the angle of my headlights, other cars being on the road, and all kinds of things... but as far as I can tell, I am the only common factor. Only certain lights do it (probably ones that are close to burning out?), and I can't explain why. Anyone else have this experience?

Yes, that was being discussed somewhere round here fairly recently. A few people, i think, said that they've noticed similar things. I'll see if i can find the thread, although as I don't know what forum it was in that might not make the task any easier. :-/

Ah, here it is. See, sheep delivers. --> http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?t=200181

LostSheep
October 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Yes, that often happens with FM antennas, I've found. (antennae?) If i hold my arm a certain way, it'll pick up a station in stereo, and then go back to mono if I move out of the beam from the transmitter, is I presume how it works, like you're acting as an aerial.

Shaman7
October 8th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks Sheep, for the link! :thumbsup:

SphinYote
November 17th, 2008, 02:47 PM
In a psychic sense, I don't know.

It used to be, though, that if I had anything plugged in near my bed it would trigger nightmares and sleep paralysis (which often includes an electrical sensation).

I get euphoric during storms, espeicially in summer when it's warm enough to stand outside in it.

My cousin, by contrast, has seizures triggered by storms with high electrical energy.

Spectral_Harlequin
November 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Um...yeah... I nearly always know when people have forgotten to turn the TV off even if it's muted or I'm in a different room/upstairs. I don't know how to describe it. It's sort of a quasi-physical sensation to me. I guess I can literally feel when the TV is on. It might just be the frequency.

Also, on another note, have any of you ever woken up from a disturbing dream to turn on the light, only to have it go out? It's happened to me about two times. I had to replace the light bulbs. I was really scared the first time it happened due to the sudden flash and explosive noise. I get bad feelings about the rooms upstairs anyway. As if it isn't bad enough...

Cassie
November 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Um...yeah... I nearly always know when people have forgotten to turn the TV off even if it's muted or I'm in a different room/upstairs. I don't know how to describe it. It's sort of a quasi-physical sensation to me. I guess I can literally feel when the TV is on. It might just be the frequency.

Also, on another note, have any of you ever woken up from a disturbing dream to turn on the light, only to have it go out? It's happened to me about two times. I had to replace the light bulbs. I was really scared the first time it happened due to the sudden flash and explosive noise. I get bad feelings about the rooms upstairs anyway. As if it isn't bad enough...
It has happened to me several times that after turning my bedside light off, the bulb explodes with a bright electric flash a bit later just as I am about to fall asleep. It can be a bit scary.

Lunacie
November 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
The thing with the bedside lamp busting the bulb used to happen to me all the time. I seem to have solved it by leaving a low wattage bulb burning all night long, I have a sheer scarf in a dark color that I shade it even more with. Now when I wake up in the middle of the night I don't lay there and fret because I'm not sleeping, I just pick up a book and read until I fall asleep again.

However, I used to pop/burn out the bulbs in the lamp above my computer all the time - or maybe it wasn't me at all, maybe it was the little spirit that used to live with us. He liked to play with my ex's computer as well.

Spectral_Harlequin
November 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Low wattage? Do you mean a less bright/power consuming bulb? I don't understand most electrical appliance terminology.

I've never considered myself a definite psychic or anything, but the coincidences are questionable and intriguing.

Lunacie
November 28th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Low wattage? Do you mean a less bright/power consuming bulb? I don't understand most electrical appliance terminology.

I've never considered myself a definite psychic or anything, but the coincidences are questionable and intriguing.

Yeah, a dimmer bulb. :lol: I use a 40 watt bulb in my bedside lamp, as compared to a 60 watt bulb for the lamp on my computer desk, and a couple of 100 watt bulbs above my sewing machine.

Yeah, something can only be a "coincidence" so many times before you can pretty safely elminate the randomness of the occurrance, eh?

Ivy Artemisia
November 28th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Are there any others here who have a particular sensitivity to electrical energy?
I can sense electrical fields. For example I always know when thunderstorms are near and I can often tell if people turn electrical devices on or off within about 50 meters of me. Sometimes it can be quite amusing, a bit of a parlour trick, but other times is quite unpleasent and can cause migaines. There are times when this ability seems to amplify my more general psychic awareness, but it can also wipe it out completely for a while.
Does anyone else have this kind of sensitivity? And if so, how does it interact with your other psychic abilities?

Yep, I'm very sensitive. It's more of a pain in the ass than anything else. Mostly its just replacing one electrical item after another. Especially cell phones, clocks, DVRs, light bulbs. I don't know if its sensitivity, but its definitely interactivity for me. I don't really consider it psychic, though its been helpful in one instance, but other than that one time, its just a PITA. :)

Spectral_Harlequin
November 29th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah, a dimmer bulb. :lol: I use a 40 watt bulb in my bedside lamp, as compared to a 60 watt bulb for the lamp on my computer desk, and a couple of 100 watt bulbs above my sewing machine.

Yeah, something can only be a "coincidence" so many times before you can pretty safely elminate the randomness of the occurrance, eh?

I concur... Since it's only happened to me a few times, I don't think I could say, "Oh wow, my energy fields must be above average," or something like that. I was thinking that it may just be some...person(s) living among us in our apartment. After all, our apartments used to be army barracks, which is enough history for me to say that we may not be the only people there.

Usually, I've noticed, before I wake up and have the bulb burst, I've had an extremely negative lucid dream.

~ S.A.

Infinite Grey
November 29th, 2008, 03:48 PM

As to whether or not electricity has any effect on your psychic abilities or that psychic abilities are even viable - I can not say... but I can point out to a boring old mundane explanation.

Electromagnetic hypersensitivity
Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) - sometimes also called electrosensitivity or electrical sensitivity (ES) - is a condition in which people experience medical symptoms that they believe are caused by exposure to electromagnetic fields. Although effects of electromagnetic fields on the body are established, sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity report responding to non-ionizing electromagnetic fields (or electromagnetic radiation) at intensities well below those permitted by international safety standards. The majority of provocation trials to date have found that sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between the exposure to real and sham electromagnetic fields
wikipedia.org

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15784787
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15031956
Electromagnetic hypersensitivity
http://www.sfms.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home&template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=1770
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15925670
http://www.emfields.org/publications/es.asp
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12194896

http://meta.wkhealth.com/pt/pt-core/template-journal/lwwgateway/media/landingpage.htm?issn=1076-2752&volume=39&issue=1&spage=15
http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0167-8760(01)00141-6
http://www.hpa.org.uk/webw/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1195733810369?p=1197637096018

Lunacie
November 29th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Very true about some people being hypersensitive to electrical energies (among other energies that folks can be hypersensitive to). And in my mind it makes just as much sense for it to work the other way round as well, not just being affected by it, being able to affect it.

elusivelyinyourface
December 1st, 2008, 01:50 PM
Sensitivity to electricity was one of the first indications I had (or noticed rather) of something more than the physical. I started with changing traffic lights and simple things like that and now I can (on a really, really good day) open automatic doors and keep them open so long as my focus holds.

[quote=GEBS;3716576]I hate that sound! I was thinking yesterday that I hate the sound of "silence" because all I hear is the electricity. It makes my eyes hurt.

I am also able to hear/feel electricity and I sometimes use it to my advantage when working with electronics. I have to admit itís nice only needing to use a multi-meter when someone is looking or if I just canít quite ďtune inĒ.

While I agree that it can get annoying hearing electricity and presumably other energies, it is one of my most effective means of connecting and interacting with those energies so I try to live with it.

Ps: I get bad migraines too and thats the only part I would get rid of given the chance.

Inward Visionary
December 3rd, 2008, 05:33 AM
I can hear a muted television from across the house... and I can't stand that high pitch sound of a TV screen. The new HD TVs don't seem to be as bad though. That could just be good hearing, except my hearing is actually pretty shot. I constantly make people repeat themselves.

I never thought much about it before, but my phone battery does last a lot longer when it isn't with me. I actually lost my phone for three days last week and found it with almost a full charge, despite having message reminders and incoming calls flashing. It might last a day if I have it on me, even if I don't use it. Weird.

Ugh. Same. I dunno why nobody else can feel the TV on, when the cable box is turned off. I get a lot of those street lights going out as well. We just recently had a power outage due to the snow and my girlfriend was curious as to why I could feel the power going out. I may have a strong connection to electricity. Being a computer geek and all. But it isn't dissimilar from understanding energy and its work through myself. It feels like I"m missing a part of myself when the power goes out, if that makes sense. But also, a part of myself I'd like to learn more about, my natural instincts of survival. I think without electricity I may be one of the least panicked. I long for ancient civilization.

Clair de la Lune
January 29th, 2009, 05:43 AM

I just posted a new thread on this!! YES!!! I thought I was the only one!! I am not crazy! (sighs relief...)

Also, I have been driven crazy by the sound of the computer screen, flourescent lights, TVs, changes in barometric pressure gives me migraines too. I absolutely love thunderstorms and I feel electrically charged up by them too. I feel like a power surge. I see the computer screen flicker and it bugs the crap out of me!

My electronic devices all go kaput around me. Can't tell you how many times the "experts" couldn't explain the computer problems. I can't get my new boom box to turn on now, and I have only had it for two weeks. My cell phone battery lasts a lot longer when not around me. Watch batteries and sometimes car batteries too (I can't get the cheap ones for the car).

Sometimes the power will go out, and I will be dead asleep and wake up because of it, just because it did. I will have to wake the others up to let them know.

Lunacie
January 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
These things happen to me - but usually only when I'm in a highly agitated state. Like yesterday after having a doctor tell me that God may have a purpose for my having a migraine headache for 3 months. :hairred: The battery in my phone died after using it for less than 20 minutes - and it had been plugged in all night the night before.

Used to be light bulbs - fairly regularly. Also my computer freezing up. Which it also did a couple of times yesterday. I'm working on making a plan and it doesn't involve doctors who are not allowed to prescribe abortive or rescue pain meds but don't tell the patients that - making up excuses like "all those migraine meds cause rebound headaches." /:fpatricks