PDA

View Full Version : Manga tarot cards are the best to me

Glowingsun
October 12th, 2008, 03:45 PM
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/_img/manga-lin-05086.jpg

I own manga tarot cards made by Selena Lin from Taiwan. They are baeutiful as much as easy to use. All the important images are in the pictures. These are great for the younger people who want to steer away from the traditional tarot cards. The cards are quite affordable as I have gotten these on sale for about $10. They come in a box set that includes a guide book.
I am very happy with these. The are gorgeous and easy on the eyes.

aluokaloo
October 12th, 2008, 03:58 PM
oh that's very pretty! :hearteyes:

aranarose
October 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
The only real problem I have with that deck in regards to younger people using it is that the minor arcana are not illustrated, they are pips, making it more difficult to read and require a lot of memorization. My son has this deck.

Flaire-FireStar
October 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
The only real problem I have with that deck in regards to younger people using it is that the minor arcana are not illustrated, they are pips, making it more difficult to read and require a lot of memorization. My son has this deck.

That's what has prevented me from getting it too.

aranarose
October 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Add to that the cards are a tad on the flimsy side, so for using with kids, or for using a lot, they just won't quite cut it.

WarriorZhanna
October 31st, 2008, 06:35 AM
I've always wanted to get that tarot deck! The moment I saw pics of the deck online I knew I wanted it! I love anime/manga in general but I also feel some sort of a connection to the deck.. The pics display a lot of passion - that's the vibe I get and I like it.

Glowingsun, did you buy your deck online? And if so, where? I'm thinking of buying one too once I have more money.

wolf
November 9th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I was given this deck as a gift. It's neat, but not one that I use, especially because of the unillustrated pips.

LoScarabeo has a fully illustrated Manga Tarot. Very different feel to it, not so much of the wide-eyed princess style of artwork.

aranarose
November 9th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I was given this deck as a gift. It's neat, but not one that I use, especially because of the unillustrated pips.

LoScarabeo has a fully illustrated Manga Tarot. Very different feel to it, not so much of the wide-eyed princess style of artwork.

I have that one as well, and it is GORGEOUS. Fully illustrated pips, and the deck is very, very easy to work with.

WarriorZhanna
November 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
I didn't know there were two Manga tarot decks! I just realised that the deck I had in mind was Lo Scarabeo's Manga tarot, not Selena Lin's.
I think the LS one is prettier and less childlike. I definitely want that one. There are so many decks out there that I like but this one I feel has to be in my possession.

wolf
November 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
I never would have bought the Manga Tarot in the cute, cleverly designed, pink box ... I got it as a gift.

TarotCanada
April 12th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I had reviewed this deck for St. Martin's. I quite liked it but thought it more appropriate for younger people. My kids loved it.

http://tarotcanada.org/MangaTarotReview.html

Owd Scrat
April 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I have and love this deck! I love the size and lenght of the cards....

The majors are gorgeous and the pips are pretty....I've never read with this deck though...

I really enjoy the box/packaging the deck & book came in....very unique! Reminded me of a jewelry box :uhhuhuh:

I really didn't like the Manga by Lo Scareboro....