PDA

View Full Version : This Morning's Sunrise

TygerTyger
October 17th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I set off for work at 7am this morning. In the west the moon hung as bright as a pearl. The thin cloud could not mask it but rather created a halo effect. I wish I had a camera in the car because I would have stopped and took some pictures.

Heading north out of the city I glanced to the east to see one of the best sunrises of the year. The thin cloud was slowly turning from pink to red. It was ribboned across the sky and looked like unmoving waves. In a snap shot would think that you were looking at a picture of the morning sea flipped upside down.

By the time I reached work, some 30 minutes later, the whole sky was ablaze, a beautiful painting from a red palette with a bright white-yellow flash on the horizon as the sun finally began to appear. The moon still shone in the west, wrapped now in a pink veil through which it gleamed with a vivid white light.

It was one of those moments where you should stop whatever it is you are doing and just enjoy the spectacle, because you will never see it again! (As I had arrived at work I did just that too!)

:thumbsup:

Clair de la Lune
October 17th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Wow! How cool is that! Very glad you took the time to share it with us too! The moon has been equally bright on this side of the pond too. Maybe I should have the camera at the ready too. Too many trees though...:cutie: Not enough hills for a good view.

TygerTyger
October 17th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Where I live it is pretty flat and once you get out of the city the landscape opens up so these scenes can become very dramatic.

I really do wish that I had my camera with me because it was a good reason to be late for work!