PDA

View Full Version : Rant # 11-3

TheGrandInquisitor
November 3rd, 2008, 10:29 AM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=93638961

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._/ai_n18722092

http://media.www.richlandchronicle (http://media.www.richlandchronicle/).c...-3088406.shtml

To those who support the government unquestionably, to those who get all teary eyed when the flag is raised, to all who say that if we don't support the war we aren't supporting our troops.

Try reading something other than a slanted, disreputable source.

The Haliburton War™ was never about WMD's. It wasn't even about oil. It was never about terrorism. Has anyone noticed that Haliburton has recently relocated to the ME? Has anyone noticed no bid contracts? Has anyone noticed Black Swan?

What the war was about was establishing a major military presence in the ME with total control and uninterefered by a foreign government. OH, and the bottom line for several persons pockets and a major corporations bottom line.

Let me ask why I should support that? Returning reservists can't even go back to their job when they return. Is that supporting the troops? Wounded and disabled veterans can't get complete medical coverage for prosthetics or decent rehab. They are not retrained to reenter the work force. Soldiers homes are being illegally repossessed and their families are being thrown in the street while the spouse is putting their ass on the line for this country.

What America™ has become is conquerers. We decide what we need and then we act. We try to justify it with words, false intel, hyperbole and outright lies. This makes the bile rise in my throat. We ignore international law. We ignore human rights. We torture people. We bail out large corporations with tax payer money yet we spend $10 billion dollars a month in a senseless war. We are beating our war drums at other countries now. We sent an attack force into Syria at a delicate time in the region because god is on our side and we are In The Right™.

I support our troops. I support our troops by seeing the reality of what our government is doing. I support our troops by believing they should have their job back when they return. I support our troops by thnking they should be very well cared for after being wounded or disfigured. I support our troops by knowing their families and homes here in the US should be safe and in place when they return.

But then you see, I support the troops and not the government. So if you exercise your right to wave a tainted flag in my face don't be surprised when I exercise my right to set it on fire.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/Themes/theme1aa/images/icons/modify_inline.gif

Terra Mater
November 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
to those who get all teary eyed when the flag is raised

This part really should have been left out. Not all of us who get teary eyed are in the dark about this country.

Some of us get all teary eyed when the flag is raised because our families worked very hard to emigrate here legally so we could grow up safer, and in some cases just so we might have a chance to grow up.

There are a lot of flaws in the system, on that I will agree, but there is a lot here that is still worth loving and respecting. Sure crime is high, but I don't have to duck machine gun fire to go out and get food for my family. My husband and son will not be dragged out of our home in the middle of the night to be forced into service for the local dictator's army. While there may be drugs in our water, it is drawn from a monitored tap rather than from some murky creek used by the entire village to bathe and dump waste in. Though buildings still get blown up here, they do so a lot less often than in many places of the world.

Try being thankful that you live in a country where you have the right to focus only on what is wrong with it. And when I wave my flag, remember that your right to burn a flag only extends to your flags. You do not have the right to burn the one I bought and paid for without asking me first. Doing so gives me the right to have you arrested for destruction of my private property.:smoke:

TheGrandInquisitor
November 3rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
This part really should have been left out. Not all of us who get teary eyed are in the dark about this country.

Some of us get all teary eyed when the flag is raised because our families worked very hard to emigrate here legally so we could grow up safer, and in some cases just so we might have a chance to grow up.

There are a lot of flaws in the system, on that I will agree, but there is a lot here that is still worth loving and respecting. Sure crime is high, but I don't have to duck machine gun fire to go out and get food for my family. My husband and son will not be dragged out of our home in the middle of the night to be forced into service for the local dictator's army. While there may be drugs in our water, it is drawn from a monitored tap rather than from some murky creek used by the entire village to bathe and dump waste in. Though buildings still get blown up here, they do so a lot less often than in many places of the world.

Try being thankful that you live in a country where you have the right to focus only on what is wrong with it. And when I wave my flag, remember that your right to burn a flag only extends to your flags. You do not have the right to burn the one I bought and paid for without asking me first. Doing so gives me the right to have you arrested for destruction of my private property.:smoke:

Your right of free expression ends at my nose.