PDA

View Full Version : My latest knitting project :)

Annorah
November 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
My young niece has a birthday coming up so I thought I would knit her some play food. For those who are interested in such things, the patterns are by a very talented designer named Jean Greenhowe.

madness
November 6th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Awesome!!!! My SIL is pregnant (first kiddo of our generation) and I am knitting up a storm for her little one. I've looked at some food and was thinking of giving it a shot. I'll be sure to look up that designer!

Darkest Eve
November 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM
:)

That's pretty neat.

And washable too, I'm sure.. which is going to be a plus!

You'll have to let us know what she thinks of her new food! :)

watersprite
November 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
That is an excellent body of work! I hope she enjoys it.
My mom made beautiful crocheted evening gowns for my Barbie when I was little. I still have it somewhere.

Flaire-FireStar
November 6th, 2008, 11:33 PM
:lol: Those are fantastic!
My nephew would love something like that...except that none of us is that great a knitter.

Annorah
November 7th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Thank you all :)

:lol: Those are fantastic!
My nephew would love something like that...except that none of us is that great a knitter.

No need to be - they are all made from knitted strips of garter stitch (every row knit). So that's my artistic credibility shot down in flames :bigredgri

There are a few free food patterns at www.knittingpatterncentral.com too.

Laoghaire
November 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Awesome Annorah! My mum loves it. Would be an idea for her little toddlers, but I can't knit...

WitchOfEndor
November 8th, 2008, 02:57 PM
How wonderful Annorah. I'm so envious of your ability, it seems I'm all thumbs LOL

Rowan Darkmoon
November 8th, 2008, 03:00 PM
:cutie: Those are so cute!! I love the purple glazed doughnut and the sandwich. :mmm:

WitchOfEndor
November 8th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Being I"m a type 1 diabetic, just looking at them makes my blood sugar raise. LOL I'm going to have to improve my knitting abilities, I've got this sudden urge to knit a GIANT glazed donut or slice of pumpkin pie.:mmm:
Man diabetes sucks. LOL