PDA

View Full Version : Forum Guide Nominations for A&C: Soaps, Candles & More

Flaire-FireStar
November 11th, 2008, 07:47 PM
The nominations are now open!

We are currently looking for one new Guides for A&C: Soaps, Candles & More.

Just a reminder for those who weren't around when the first round of nominations came about:

Guides are not moderators. However, we are working on having new "powers" for the Guides so that they may now move, stick, close and edit threads on their own. Guides also encourage activity in the forum, whether by introducing new topics, starting games, etc. :)

There will be no vote afterward. When the nominations close, I will take the nominees to the other admins and we will discuss who we think will be a good guide for each forum.

The rules for nomination:

1. Nominate two members who you think will make good guides and will have fun at it! We don't want to think of this as work. ;)

2. If you are nominated and don't want the position, you can always decline.

3. No admins. :p

The qualifications for a Forum Guide nominee:

1. Should be a member for 6 months, or a regular posting member in the forum in which they are nominated.

2. Should have at least 250 posts. Nominee should have a significant number of posts in the forum in which they are nominated.

3. Should not be currently on Admin radar - nominees who directly refuse to heed Administrative directives will not be considered for the position.

4. Must be willing to commit to the position. If a Guide is found to be unreliable, does not log in (without prior notice) exceeding 3 months, or is shown to be ineffective in their forum, status will be revoked.

Nomination thread will close in one week (November 18). After the admins have done all their discussing and have chosen a new Guide, I will come back and make an announcement.

Have fun!

Flaire-FireStar
November 16th, 2008, 11:35 PM
No one is interested in guiding S,C&M?

SilverClaw
November 17th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Well I have no experience in soap making yet but candles I do. lol

And I looked and I do not know of anyone else that posts in the forum on a regular basis's ..

By the way what does the "more" part of the forum name include ? Knowing that could give me ideas for who else we could get in here to nominate.

banondraig
November 17th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Would lotions and similar count as "more"?

Flaire-FireStar
November 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Well I have no experience in soap making yet but candles I do. lol

And I looked and I do not know of anyone else that posts in the forum on a regular basis's ..

By the way what does the "more" part of the forum name include ? Knowing that could give me ideas for who else we could get in here to nominate.

Would lotions and similar count as "more"?

Now that one, I'm not sure about because I had no hand in the current set-up of A&C. Though "more" to me would be, like banon mentioned, lotions. Bath salts, scrubs, oils.. Maybe if you do your own make-up (lip balms, etc). Wax tarts? I'm trying to think of what other things would be under this category off the top of my head.

SilverClaw
November 18th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Ahhhh ok then I guess I would not be qualified for this forum then Candles and Oils are all I would be able to contribute to at this time. The rest of those mentioned are all things I have researched and plan to do just have not yet :D

And question why is there a post about wand making in this forum ? That thread is what threw me off about the more part lol :D

Flaire-FireStar
November 18th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I have no idea. :T I think it might have been moved by mistake.

Flaire-FireStar
November 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Nominations are now closed.