PDA

View Full Version : MW Yule 2008 Textile Art Challenge

Annorah
November 24th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Merry meet!

Time for a challenge :)

With Yule/Christmas/Winter Holiday/Winter Solstice coming upon us, I thought it would be fun to have a challenge to produce a 12" square to celebrate the season. This can be in any textile art you like - embroidery, cross stitch, weaving, quilting, crochet, knitting and so on.

The only rules are that the finished square is to be 12" in size and that it must somehow relate to the theme of the winter holiday.

The challenge will close on 21 December 2008.

Please post pictures of your finished pieces here so that we may all be inspired.

So, crafters, let's see what you can come up with.

WitchOfEndor
November 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Would it be ok if my little Katie joined in on this since I'm horrible at being anywhere near crafty or artistic? LOL She's now enthralled with embroidery. LOL

Invidosa
November 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I take your challange madam!! with glee :boing:

Annorah
November 24th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Would it be ok if my little Katie joined in on this since I'm horrible at being anywhere near crafty or artistic? LOL She's now enthralled with embroidery. LOL

Yes, of course.

The challenge is open to all comers :)

I look forward to seeing what she makes.

The main thing is to have FUN doing it - it is a challenge rather than a competition.

Laoghaire
November 24th, 2008, 05:33 PM
This sounds interesting... 12''? That's 30 cm... If we get short in time, can we make it a little bit smaller? I want to crochet, but I'm always struggling with measurments...

Annorah
November 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
This sounds interesting... 12''? That's 30 cm... If we get short in time, can we make it a little bit smaller? I want to crochet, but I'm always struggling with measurments...

Yes, of course - 12"/30 cm is only a guideline. The whole point is to create something and have a good time doing it :)

Flaire-FireStar
November 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Yoi. I'll see if I can squish it in there with the scarf I'm trying to complete. (I'm a really slow crocheter. :lol: )

Annorah
November 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Thought I would "sticky" this so that we can find it easily :)

So pleased there are people up for the challenge - I have just found a wonderful quilting pattern so I think I might do that.

Laoghaire
December 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
I'm crocheting an angel in white cotton. Fairly easy, I surprise myself!

Annorah
December 4th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I'm crocheting an angel in white cotton. Fairly easy, I surprise myself!

That sounds amazing - can't wait to see the result :)

Annorah
December 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Quick bump

Just one more week before the challenge ends

:uhhuhuh: