PDA

View Full Version : The Raindrop

TygerTyger
December 1st, 2008, 06:54 AM
The rain drop hits the puddle. The collision was too fast for me to see in itsí entirety, my brain filled in the gaps. Plumbing the depths of my knowledge, remembrances of films seen years ago, I see in my minds eye a suggestion of what happened.

The rain drop, a perfect sphere, pulled by gravity downwards to seeming oblivion. At the first contact matter changes shape, energy is released, the ripple effect begins. The perfect sphere is no more, initially repelling the larger body it is absorbed into it, overcome by the greater attraction.

Action and reaction.

Cause and consequence.

The puddle grows a little larger, almost infinitesimal, but there are many raindrops, each repeating the same journey, the same experience, the same result.

The individual belongs to the whole. The small detaches from the large. It grows and passes through the cycle until it returns and rejoins the body again, from where it will be reborn.

As it is with the rain, so it is with life.

RavenStars
December 2nd, 2008, 02:30 AM
Very nice! That thinking from the micro to the macro and back again. I've always found water to be the easiest way to think of this. It's that formless form thing.

Just got back from a poetry reading by Mary Oliver. I laughed and cried and sighed and clapped and wanted more. Life is a circle.

TygerTyger
December 2nd, 2008, 03:50 AM
I haven't been to a poetry reading for far too long, they just aren't popular where I live!

Thanks for the comment by the way, I was just musing after watching a rain shower.