PDA

View Full Version : Not looking at your stylus

Amilee
December 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Ever look down at your stylus or pencil when you draw? This is somthing natural that we do due to hand eye co-ordination where our eye desires to see what the hand is doing. So, I don't know if this works a well with the stylus as it does with an actual pencil try the following and let me know how it goes.

Place a BLINDER on the screen.

A blinder is a huge card like a file folder (if it's pencil on paper it would have a hole in the middle.) You basically want to block yourself from 'seeing' what your drawing.

Place it on the screen very carefully. Don't use strong tape or if you have no other option place the tape on your pants and weaken it a few times by sticking it and lifting it off.

When the left brain tries to create its thing on the pad it wants to see the screen in order to make sure you are following its pattern. Of course it can draw familiar stuff without looking at either the screen or the objects, so the blinder works best when combined with things for which no previous simple image (schema) (pattern) is stored in the brain.

Thus when you're drawing choose an item that you're not familiar with drawing and freak out your brain a bit.

It's good for you trust me.

halfwaynowhere
December 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM
This was a fun exercise...
my first one is a froggie, I turned the computer screen away so I couldn't see it, but still looked at the stylus. Couldn't see what I had already drawn, but could still figure out where everything belonged.
The second one I turned the screen away on, and also looked away from the stylus... I think its funny... Anyone wanna guess what its supposed to be?

Amilee
December 9th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Awsomeness!! A frog and a...ukelele? lol. I was gonna say guitar but it's more fun to guess the odd instruments! Glad you enjoyed. I'm gonna find myself some time to do it again and post the results up of my own fun and frivolity!