PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual-Sex...Soul Love

BearDancing
December 12th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I find this very interesting....have very little experience with this....I am quite sure it is different than tantric but I could be wrong.....and I am sure I will get told.....

The most important difference between sex and spiritual sex is intention. Enlightened intercourse is still physically pleasurable but it's so much more - you get to connect with your partner on an emotional and energetic level. You get to simultaneously get in touch with your "inner self" and your higher power.

With spiritual sex remember that your desire is to merge with your partner in all ways, to become one through your lovemaking, whether you're cuddling in tender, soft, heartwarming poses or writhing wildly in bliss.

Breathe each other in
Eyes and breath are two simple, yet extremely powerful, ways to heighten your spiritual connection. At peaks of sexual arousal, open your eyes and gaze deeply at each other. As you do this, observe the thoughts and feelings that come up. You can either share these in the moment or set them aside for later.

Match your breathing rhythms, too. Either breathe in harmony, both exhaling and inhaling at the same time, or breathe in a circular rhythm, one partner inhaling as the other exhales. You'll be amazed at how the energy will flow between you.

This is just a part....what are your ideas on this....I find it totally interesting way of changing levels of conciousness...sharing Soul Love

Shawn Blackwolf
December 12th, 2008, 05:34 PM
This is when I began my practice...

I have been practicing as often as possible , since then...

Though a little Darkside , never hurt anyone...well , not really...:bigredgri

Mutual respect , and agreement aforehand...

And , what you have posted...is Tantra Lite...

http://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Secrets-Twentieth-Anniversary-Alchemy/dp/0892818050

~Audra~
December 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
thanks for posting this...really informative...

it would be really nice to share that kind of connection with another person...too bad i'll never get too :(

BearDancing
December 12th, 2008, 09:35 PM
This is when I began my practice...

I have been practicing as often as possible , since then...

Though a little Darkside , never hurt anyone...well , not really...:bigredgri

Mutual respect , and agreement aforehand...

And , what you have posted...is Tantra Lite...

http://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Secrets-Twentieth-Anniversary-Alchemy/dp/0892818050

Why do you say this is a little darkside...or what do you mean by darkside....do you beleive that two people could share this kind of spiritual experience remotely...2 people in 2 different places....spontaniously...with either having any experience with it....I guess I am saying is my imagination THAT good that I might feel the energy exchange between heart chakaras without conciously making an effort....or do the think the other person would have had to manipulated the whole experience...

~Audra~
December 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
yeah...do two people need to have physical contact to "feel" each other that deeply...or are thoughts and awareness enough...

Shawn Blackwolf
December 12th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I am not saying what you posted was Darkside , by any means...lol
Rather , what you posted , I called Tantra Lite...Tantra , has many
levels...

I teach different than eastern tradition...but , for example...

White Tantra : Meditation and Visualization techniques...
Movement of energy in the body , and chakras...solitary , or
with a partner...

Red Tantra : Full body contact with partner , varied positions ,
keyed to accessing , or moving particular streams of energy ,
extended stimulation , ritual and sex magick with bodily fluids ,
self pleasuring , extended orgasm...

Black Tantra : ( Darkside ) Power exchange , BDSM , bondage...
( due to pg - 13 , I shall leave it at that...:bigredgri )

In answer to your other question...

"do you beleive that two people could share this kind of spiritual experience remotely...2 people in 2 different places.... spontaniously...with either having any experience with it....I guess I am saying is my imagination THAT good that I might feel the energy exchange between heart chakaras without conciously making an effort....or do the think the other person would have had to manipulated the whole experience..."

Imagination , is a powerful tool...remote psychic contact is possible
however , so is self deception , through extreme desire...

When one becomes well developed in the techniques of Tantra ,
then one can determine the difference...I have no way of judging
your experience...nor would I care to...it is / was yours...

Have I done , or experienced , this ?

Well yes...however , I have caused orgasm , in a partner , with
my voice , across a room...:bigredgri...there are , as I said , many levels
to Tantra...

Why do you say this is a little darkside...or what do you mean by darkside....do you beleive that two people could share this kind of spiritual experience remotely...2 people in 2 different places....spontaniously...with either having any experience with it....I guess I am saying is my imagination THAT good that I might feel the energy exchange between heart chakaras without conciously making an effort....or do the think the other person would have had to manipulated the whole experience...

Astara Seague
December 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Shawn covered it quite well
and yes in my opinion it can be done without being physically there..
but...be sure it is the real thing nor just your imagination..dreams...
when it is real.... it is trully real
you feel every part from start to finish...you are actually exhausted from the "exchange"

BearDancing
December 12th, 2008, 11:31 PM
what is sex magic......when exchanging energies with a partner..is there different levels of conciousness experienced....and when kundalini is released can the two feel each others energies move up the spine....

kundalini is not just sexual energies is it.....can you give me an opion of what it is.....
Is kundalini experienced through the feet all the way up the body...and if that is not kundalini have you any ideas what it might be

I have had energies move up my body giving me goosebumps and making hairs on my body stand.....it was like a kind of extascy that is so intense it brings you to the point where you feel you might pass out...then it slowly moves back down your body back into I think Mother Earth but I am not sure....ideas

Phoenix Blue
December 13th, 2008, 12:46 AM
FairieSpirit, I had to remove some of your original post due to copyright considerations. Please post only a short excerpt with a link to a full story when you post information from other publications. Thanks!

~Elise~
December 13th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Kundalini is normally from the base of the spine up to the crown and beyond.

Elise

BearDancing
December 13th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Kundalini is normally from the base of the spine up to the crown and beyond.

Elise

yes that is what most say...I am wondering if others have felt it in different ways

ffetcher
December 15th, 2008, 05:43 AM
There's rather more to Tantra than 'just' spiritual or sacred sex; and as others have mentioned, there are other systems of sex magic that have a more 'western' feel to them, even if they include ideas and techniques that are similar to the sexual aspects of Tantra.
To just go with the sex magic aspects of Tantra is, IMO, 'cherry picking' (innuendo intended) and most westerners that I know who have done more than just dabble have found that systems with a western background are easier to fully assimilate.

And as an aside, it's certainly possible to use Tantra or a western system when you're not physically together, but it's easier if you've previously shared physical intimacy, in just the same way that the Wiccan 'Great Rite in Token' works better if you've previously shared the 'Great Rite in Actuality'.

blessings
ffetcher

BearDancing
December 15th, 2008, 10:15 AM
There's rather more to Tantra than 'just' spiritual or sacred sex; and as others have mentioned, there are other systems of sex magic that have a more 'western' feel to them, even if they include ideas and techniques that are similar to the sexual aspects of Tantra.
To just go with the sex magic aspects of Tantra is, IMO, 'cherry picking' (innuendo intended) and most westerners that I know who have done more than just dabble have found that systems with a western background are easier to fully assimilate.

And as an aside, it's certainly possible to use Tantra or a western system when you're not physically together, but it's easier if you've previously shared physical intimacy, in just the same way that the Wiccan 'Great Rite in Token' works better if you've previously shared the 'Great Rite in Actuality'.

blessings
ffetcher

what is the purpose of the Great Rite....

Darkest Eve
December 15th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Shawn covered it quite well
and yes in my opinion it can be done without being physically there..
but...be sure it is the real thing nor just your imagination..dreams...
when it is real.... it is trully real
you feel every part from start to finish...you are actually exhausted from the "exchange"

Sound advice, and it is very easy to confuse dreams with a real exchange. :)

ffetcher
December 16th, 2008, 06:19 AM
what is the purpose of the Great Rite....

Okay, I forgot that I wasn't on the Wicca forum. So, given that people get snitty about oathbound secrets, let me say that what follows is based on material published by Gardner, Sanders and the Farrars, therefore IMO in the public domain, and my own experience with groups where I know they are happy for me to share.

Let's first do "what is the Great Rite?" just in case. It's a "sacred marriage" or "heiros gamos", which forms a central element of Wiccan ceremonies. Gardner's original published material has "The Great Rite, if possible, either in token or truly." as part of each of the Sabbat ceremonies. "Truly" implies actual intercourse (normally between the High Priestess and her partner if the coven is mixed M/F). "In token" usually implies substituting a blade (Gardner calls it an Athame and the term is fairly common) and a chalice, the symbolism being hopefully fairly obvious.

As I've said elsewhere, my own experience is that the 'choreography' involved in 'the Great Rite, truly' with a group as opposed to a couple is sufficiently complex that it's rare. I regularly hear of groups who insist on actual intercourse as part of initiation, but I've never encountered one myself. I'd welcome comments from other Wiccans who may wish to tell me that I've led a sheltered life. "The Great Rite in Token", however, is pretty much universal in my experience of mainstream Wicca.

My original aside was to the effect that in my experience "The Great Rite in Token" normally works better if you've experienced physical sex with the other participant or, if it's not you doing it, you know that the couple involved have done so. Once again, I'd welcome comments from other folks, particularly if they disagree.

However, the question you asked was "What is the purpose of the Great Rite?" and that's rather more profound. The idea behind the "Heiros Gamos" as portrayed in classical sources is normally the 'simple' invocation of male and female deities (as with Inanna and Dumuzi, where a search engine will easily turn up the words), or to ensure fertility of the land, or both. This is significantly different from the portrayal of Tantra by Western commentators, and mirrored in Leland's Aradia, where there is an element of 'taboo breaking' in the shared sexual experience.

It's hard to infer Gardner's original intention from the published material (and one of Gardner's High Priestesses wrote that 'the bed was only ever used for changing'), but later commentators make it explicit that the Goddess and God are invoked into the couple. My own experience is that ritual nudity is a very good way of bonding a group, since it requires great trust, but several of the group Gardner first encountered were very comfortable with nudity and experienced in ritual drama, so it's fair to assume that the explicit sexual imagery went one stage further to serve that purpose in Gardner's groups.

Regardless of the original sources and intentions, "The Great Rite" is either 'one' or 'the' core of mainstream Wiccan liturgy. It's conventional to draw parallels with the communion, agape or mass within various Christian liturgies, but the analogy is not exact.

blessings
ffetcher

cydira
December 25th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I think the thing to keep in mind with sex magic is the same thing to keep in mind with any other form of magic used. That vital consideration is: Just what are you seeking to do?

Sex magic can be used for many different things (and there is a 'Western' tradition of sex magic, but it's not discussed because it's not as interesting as the 'Eastern' traditions, like Tantra). If your focus is upon building the relationship between yourself and your partner, it is possible to use sex magic to bring yourselves very close together in a spiritual sense as well as a physical one.

At the same time, it is possible to use it to bind your partner to you, which is not the mutual ties of relationship building. It's also possible to use it as a form of healing magic. There's a lot of power in sex magic because there is a great deal of emotion, focus, and mental energy expended in sex. Sex magic is difficult, however, because it requires the focus to be split between sex and magic.

Generally, it may be easier to use ... self-pleasure for sex magic, because there is less distraction. *shrugs* Or at least, that is what I have found to be the case in my experience.

Deerwoman
December 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I consider sex sacred, but not my every day sex. I personally only perform sex magic at celebratory times of the year - mainly Beltuinn and the summer festivals to encourage the vegetation to grow, and to represent the sacred marriage of a sacrificial king to the earth. Sex magic is also a part of certain initiation rites - which I consider sacred sex.

I already know my hubby's soul so well, that when we get freaky it's for pleasure and fun. I don't need to stare deeply into his eyes (which is awkward in certain positions anyway :cutie:) to share an amazing experience and connection with him. That's just me though, I never could take tantra seriously.

BearDancing
December 25th, 2008, 07:57 PM
thanks everyone for sharing....interesting....I am interested in sharing certain chakra energies with another...say start at the sacral...and move up....am not sure that the actual act of intercourse would be at the end or what...as cllimax..but am looking forward to sharing specific chakra energies with my sweet.....I imagine intensity...so to do it physically together must be more entense.....we shall see