PDA

View Full Version : The new year?

Philosophia
December 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM
How many here count January 1st as their new year? If not, which date do you use?

Also, what are your plans for this coming year? Is there any resolutions you wish to keep?

brigidrose
December 21st, 2008, 09:22 PM
I usually count Jan 1st as the new year, mostly out of tradition in my family.

This year I am celebrating the Winter Soltice as the New Year. Actually I will be celebrating tomorrow afternoon with my family and friends. Tonight as a group will not work for everyone. I will do a solitay ritual and then tomorrow a group one.

I am also going to celebrate the New Year Eve, and then New Year Day.

Party, Party, Party !!!

Philosophia
December 21st, 2008, 09:44 PM
I usually count Jan 1st as the new year, mostly out of tradition in my family.

This year I am celebrating the Winter Soltice as the New Year. Actually I will be celebrating tomorrow afternoon with my family and friends. Tonight as a group will not work for everyone. I will do a solitay ritual and then tomorrow a group one.

I am also going to celebrate the New Year Eve, and then New Year Day.

Party, Party, Party !!!

:hugz: I use my birthday as the beginning of a period of deep self analysis, introspection, and change. It ends on Jan. 1st and I like to begin myself anew.

RainInanna
December 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I'm working on goal-setting right now. It's a project in and of itself, as I recently had my value system completely overwritten. Part of it is reorganizing my entire home and I'm in the midst of doing that - it takes a lot of time to move all the furniture and other stuff, purge what's unneeded, and decide what's worth keeping, as well as where and how to keep it.

So it is with my home and my soul both at once :) Did you know your home reflects your soul? At least mine does. As I examine all those bits and pieces, decide what's not worth keeping, and how to use what is. As I decide to keep the broken parts, and glue some parts together, or just put them back on the shelf with a chip missing. It's my heart too :)

David19
December 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not Dianic, so, I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but, my New Years Resolutions are to improve my confidence, get fitter (I want to get more of a defined body, like a 6 pack and everything), figure out what I want to do career-wise, and go for it, and devote more time to my religion and Ereshkigal (including getting a better altar for her, and just creating things, like hymns, poems, stories, etc in her honour). Those are the ones I'm definitely going to work hard at improving, and I'm also going to get back into drawing, painting, and cooking, as I love doing them, I just haven't done it in awhile (although I did make my mum some chocolates for Christmas).