PDA

View Full Version : I finally ordered more coconut oil!

vikinggoddess
December 25th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Yay! I'm going to be making more shampoo bars now. This next one is going to be an Aloe shampoo bar. I can't wait to get started on it.

~Elise~
December 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
I haven't tried a shampoo bar ever. I've heard they're better for your hair.

Elise

vikinggoddess
December 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I think that I'm going to focus on shampoo bars specifically for a while. I seem to be doing well with them.

VG

~Elise~
December 25th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Can you tell me some of the benefits of the bar vs. the store stuff???

vikinggoddess
December 25th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Well to me the number one benefit is environmental. No bottles are required. It's an all in one bar so no conditioner is needed. For this reason it is also a convenient choice for campers or travelers. Also for me with making the shampoo bars I can control my ingredients. I don't use any detergents. I use essential oils and other oils that I know are good for the hair and scalp, for example I have a neem bar that is 20% neem oil, and my bars also have jojoba, etc essentail oils.

SilverClaw
January 1st, 2009, 05:16 PM
Oooh I like the sounds of these bars :D

banondraig
January 2nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Does one typically lather the shampoo bar in one's hands, and then wash hair, or is it necessary to rub the bar directly on the hair?

vikinggoddess
January 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
I usually get my hair wet and then scrub the bar onto my hair in a couple of spots and then lather it up from there. It is a little quicker to get going that way compared to lathering it in your hands.

banondraig
January 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
Ok, thanks. :)

Wolfsong
January 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Never heard of these before.. they sound really cool.... especially from an environmental perspective.

Glowy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:19 PM
I love coconut oil! I use it for my soaps. I also rub it into my dry skin at night. I have a organic shop near me so I can buy it there. It really is great to work with!

vikinggoddess
January 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Never heard of these before.. they sound really cool.... especially from an environmental perspective.

I remember I found my first shampoo bar in 1999, and I never found any after that. When I started making soap shampoo bars were huge on my wish list of things to figure out how to make. I'm so happy to know how to make them now and really love the ones that I make. I have 2 others planned for when my coconut oil arrives! it is on the way from Mt. Rose herbs.. also organic.

Wolfsong
January 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
I remember I found my first shampoo bar in 1999, and I never found any after that. When I started making soap shampoo bars were huge on my wish list of things to figure out how to make. I'm so happy to know how to make them now and really love the ones that I make. I have 2 others planned for when my coconut oil arrives! it is on the way from Mt. Rose herbs.. also organic.

If you decide to sell any let me know :)

vikinggoddess
January 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Wolfsong,

Yes I sell the shampoo bars. I have two in stock that are tried and true.. neem oil shampoo bar which is good for normal to oily/dandruff scalp/hair. And then the carrot shampoo bar which is more for normal hair & scalp.

Just look here:
http://www.aquarianbath.com/

VG

Sea-Sin
February 14th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I love my shampoo bars.. I've been making them for years! Lol.. need to make some more soon too :boing: