PDA

View Full Version : Keri Smith & Wish Jar Blog

RavenStars
December 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I frequent this blog because this author is so grounded in the everyday, and I love her art ideas and books. But here's something from today's entry that I thought might interest people...

I have embarked on my own project of documenting "things that are spotted/found while in the midst of another task". for example "while looking after the baby" you notice the ice patterns on the window. "while visiting the public restroom" you see an interesting pattern on the floor tile. I suppose that is precisely the point of "Explorer" given that I wanted the things to be found "in the midst of living", but I suppose I go further into this everyday as I am so limited in time now. every little thing I see has an even greater importance, or is even of greater interest when it is so fleeting.

She shared someone else's video on the sounds of a washing machine. But I especially like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaGh0D2NXCA

spiral
January 2nd, 2009, 06:44 AM
Lol, I don't pretend to understand everything she posts, but I like her blog. People who see the world differently are so refreshing.