PDA

View Full Version : Awesome, a Pantheistic Path forum!

Mogget
December 29th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I tend to drift on and off mystic-wicksover the years (extremely long time lurker and infrequent poster) and either this forum is new since I've been here, or I missed it the last couple of times due to not usually looking in the "path" section (mine never used to be here!).

Well I'm just giving a little formal Hello as I am very excited about the Pantheistic forum and hope to post soon and don't want you all wondering who the heck I am.

Quick Intro - Practising Pagan for 20 years - made up "my own" religion and none of the other labels ever quite fit... Pantheism comes pretty darn close... Pantheistic/Naturalistic/Pandeistic ish.... but I only came across that term in the last year or two and have never found a paganish forum for it before (happy day)... mostly I have just resigned myself to saying Pagan and avoiding having to explain what I believe. So that's the philosophy side....

On the practising side I'm a bit witchy, enjoy low/earth magick as metaphors and enhancers for causing shifts in my own mind. I LOVE exploring the capabilities of the human mind, altered states of consciousness and all the cool stuff that happens between external reality and what we end up perceiving. I'm a highly trained and very skilled NLPer and hypnotist, and I enjoy combining these tools with the tools available in magick and ritual to experience awesome things, help myself and help other people acheive their outcomes.

Apart from all that: I'm 31, Aussie, perpetual student, crittermad, artsy/crafty, very domestic, insatiable reader, occasional writer...

Xentor
December 29th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Welcome home, Mogget!

spiral
December 29th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Hi Mogget! I'm also an aussie insatiable reader/sometime writer with pantheistic leanings... although your path sounds much more interesting than mine! Hope you enjoy your time here :)

Windsmith
December 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hiya, Mogget! Glad you found us.

Things are usually pretty quiet around here, though we may try to jazz things up a bit in the New Year. In the meanwhile, feel free to start any discussions or wake up any older ones that you feel like.

RavenStars
December 31st, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hello, Mogget! I think most pantheists kind of make up their own path. Sure there are people who list the do's and don'ts, but there isn't a pagan pantheist rule book as far as I know. I'm solitary so I get to feel my way around as slow or fast as I like. I actually enjoy this most of the time! As Windsmith says, don't be shy about asking questions. I know I get kind of lazy about posting new threads, even though I love to hear how others navigate their beliefs. And don't forget to check the stickies at the beginning of our group listing. You can also use the wonderful MW search functions both generally and within specific threads. I'm glad you found us. I know how wonderful it was for me!

Mogget
January 3rd, 2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks all,

Having a rummage throough older posts and the stickies now to keep me going and may start waking up old threads *(love that term) or starting my own as I get inspired.