PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2:LoD anyone?

Nicholas
January 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I recently out of boredom picked the game back up. I played it for years and then ditched it because of all the ad bots running rampant on battle.net. I played a few mods after that:

Hell Unleashed. Which I would highly recommend if you want to play a harder game, with dedicated serves. It is almost strictly PvM though and perhaps their are TOO many opportunities.

Nezermontias. Probably the best and hardest mod ever made... absolutely endless amounts of hidden secrets. Etc, the whole soul concept is quite exceptional as well. No current supporting servers or community any more though. It is just too expansive and hard to accomplish anything in single player.

The Median series. Interesting, but not hard enough a great amount of changes though. I beat single player solo in about 2 hours... very simplistic game.

Anyway, I'm back on US-east. Poor as dirt. And trying to salvage some good parties and wealth. I play completely legit meaning: no glitch rushes, no str glitches, no dupes(if I can help it, trading is a risk.), etc.. It makes for longer, more tedious game play, butI enjoy it more.

So if anyone is still playing post here, perhaps we can make a MW party.

I'm on US-East LoD but if there are a number of members on another server I would be willing to change it up.

Arinya
January 18th, 2009, 01:46 PM
No Diablo II playing currently here but....sigh. How I do long and mourn the days of then - when I got home from school and played for hours and hours...mmm.

Trust me - when Diablo III hits I am going to be there, credit card shaking in my hands, teeth chomping at the gaming bit, and just a bit of spittal hinting at the edge of a very stetched smile.

Nicholas
January 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
No Diablo II playing currently here but....sigh. How I do long and mourn the days of then - when I got home from school and played for hours and hours...mmm.

Trust me - when Diablo III hits I am going to be there, credit card shaking in my hands, teeth chomping at the gaming bit, and just a bit of spittal hinting at the edge of a very stetched smile.

I know the feeling, I can't wait.

There was a warning label on my Diablo 2 game when I bought it, "Warning, a highly addictive game." Never has a label been so correct.

Nicholas
February 7th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Not one reply, I'm disappointed. I got quite bored with D2 again because I don't find it challenging. However, I stumbled onto a nice Classic Diablo community. Legit players only. If anyone is interested pm and I'll get to you with details.

Caitlin.ann
February 7th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Diablo 2 sucks horse arse.. bring on D3!!!!

Nicholas
February 7th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Diablo 2 sucks horse arse.. bring on D3!!!!
:fofftopic:spam::strike:

Caitlin.ann
February 7th, 2009, 01:36 AM
:fofftopic:spam::strike:

:alol: Too bad for you I'm here to stay. :razz:

Sitalique
February 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I play Diablo 2, but never online. Should try it one of these days after we upgrade the 'net.

Nicholas
February 7th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I play Diablo 2, but never online. Should try it one of these days after we upgrade the 'net.

There's about 50,000 players on the US-east server alone, and multiplayer offers new runewords and items. :)

memnoch
March 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM
I've really lost interest in online play, been there, done that, maxed out more characters than I would ever like to admit. I do play single player after the wife goes to bed on my other computer (the only room we can pick up a wifi signal is the bedroom)

Against The Tide
March 21st, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hehe I loved that game. I left my game CDs in the UK though and I don't know about shelling out for another copy.

MetalliKat05
March 25th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I've been playing it a lot lately...
Tried out a druid for the first time, too. He's pretty powerful.

I love that game. It is really, really addictive.

My computer needs some tweeking right now, so it doesn't want to play Diablo II well.

It can run circles around the game... more than enough power. I just think the hard drive is dying, and slowing everything down. I have a spare, though. Just got to get a friend to install Windows on that one...

DarkWitch
March 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
i would play but vista and diablo dont mix which sucks cause i have this game i cant use it makes me nad

Sitalique
March 30th, 2009, 07:21 PM
i'm playing it on vista with no problem.
have you tried running it with the most recent patch?
And/or under the compatibility for XP?