PDA

View Full Version : Mental Clarity

The 13th Monkey
January 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
I have had alot of things on my mind lately, and even when I meditate, I cannot seem to shakes things lose. Can someone give me some ideas on how to clear my mind while meditating? Apparently, I seem to have lost my focus, as well as my mind.

Carri
January 22nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
I have had alot of things on my mind lately, and even when I meditate, I cannot seem to shakes things lose. Can someone give me some ideas on how to clear my mind while meditating? Apparently, I seem to have lost my focus, as well as my mind.

Have you been reading my mind? That may be why you can't focus! LOL!

The 13th Monkey
January 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
Have you been reading my mind? That may be why you can't focus! LOL!

No, I can't read minds, but now something tells me I wish I could.

watersprite
January 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
What is meditating for? Emptying your mind to all outside influence except, perhaps one thing. To relieve yourself of stress.
So, perhaps you should find a pleasant focal point or your favorite cool, relaxing color. Like lavender or soft green in soft waves. That would be your goal for right now. Find your non-jarring color and just watch it peacefully wave.
You can use music, but we're not talking AC DC here. It MUST be your favorite relaxing, non intrusive stuff.
You need this very badly, as you are ready to pounce on one person, and heaven help them when you're done.
So enjoy a little self healing and work yourself down to simple meditation for about a week, every single night.
You'll sleep better.

Astara Seague
January 22nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Nice music works well for me..
also if I can go somewhere out of reach of everyone and thing
including my phone, being out in nature also works well

BearDancing
January 22nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
another thing I use is breath work...breathing in different patterns...that works for me when I have a hard time clearing my head...if you are interested I can share with you more...

watersprite
January 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, that is a good idea. A great deal of Moms with kids just cannot get away. I think it is because they give too much of themselves to the kids.
Now, before everyone freaks out on me, allow me to explain myself.
In the very early years is the best time to teach them good habits and start giving them a little bit of responsibility and good behavior. And you build on that. Increasing as they get older, along with the appreciation of their skills. You can share your skills and talents with them, and so can Dad or Grandpa or a strong male friend/ mentor type.
You must make it clear that you need Mommy time. Just like you give them time to do what they want to do(hopefully constructive).
I had a friend with 7 kids. Hers, his and theirs. She was the Earth mother of the world and I loved her so for that. When they misbehaved, she would tell them "you are using up your time with Mommy(or daddy) by being mean and rude and disrespectful." She would send them off to their Austere rooms and take extra time with the next kid. She had a schedule on the wall with their pictures next to the time and date.
Then, at 8 pm it was Mommy and Daddy time, and their bedtime. They have been together for 35 years. Neither one gave up every single hobby or aspect of them selves. Their kids all went to college on scholarships.
Are you catching my drift here?

iceskater12
January 24th, 2009, 04:20 PM

I count my breathes and try not to stray, eventually I fall into the physic state or nothingness.