PDA

View Full Version : Are you ever afraid of your psychic abilities?

KylalaKitty
February 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Are you ever afraid of your psychic abilities/even been afraid? Afraid of what it might tell you? Or are you always open to what your higher-self might have to say? Has there ever been a time when you knew something bad was going to happen and you couldnt stop it? How did you deal with that?

Kaliel
February 2nd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Yes,

I was very afraid when I was younger actually, not so much of what I would find but more of who would believe me if I found something bad, and then I was always afraid of the whole shooting the messenger thing.

I had that happen to me once when I channeled a recently deceased relative of a close friend. Needless to say, he thought I was lying or pretending and the friendship ended. I dealt with it in time . . .

And yes, there was one time when I predicted I would be in a car accident, but didn't know when, and then I was in one 2 days later and it totalled my car. I dealt with it by LOTS of frustration, and kicking myself for not realizing it would be NOW that it would happen!

Lunacie
February 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
I've been a little weirded out by my abilities, but never afraid. I can sense ghosts and other kinds of energy. I may know when someone is going to die or has just died when I'm not nearby.

greenmoon
February 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
I used to be more afraid. I'm learning to make peace with it all now.

monsnoleedra
February 3rd, 2009, 01:08 AM
Are you ever afraid of your psychic abilities/even been afraid?

I'm 49 years old right now. Yet durning my 20's I would have given anything to turn off the visions I used to get. I spent many a day and night praying that I be left alone and removed of the ability to see and feel things.

I even feared to sleep for more often than not I would awaken with screams as I viewed things up so close and lifelike that I often felt the pain and terror of those that I viewed. My wife has seen me come from a laying down position to standing straight up with no bending of my body and have welts or bruises on me from what I experienced. She has also suffered the result of trying to awaken me and having me swing at her in my sleep, me totaly unaware until I finally awaken. Even today she will not touch me but call to me or hollar to bring me out of a deep dream state.

My guides used to visit me in dream and vision and remind me I walked upon the warriors path so was always accompanied by two Nornans *Giant black birds that looked liked vulures and feed upon the dead* that were my companions. They were ugly ass birds but they were also companions on the warriors path and would carry my spirit to those events and I had to feed upon the event as the birds did. Yep, they are still with me today, only not quite so hungary now so the feedings are fewer.

The trully horrific ones I would view for three days, with each day getting a little clearer in content and action. Yet any action I took to change or stop it only made it worse in the end and got me looked at in more strange ways than I care to recall. Yes, a few times I was shown what the original outcome would have been and what the result was because I had tried to stop or change it. Like being trapped in a diaster or horror movie and unable to excape from it, doomed to watch the whole movie from start to finish.

Battle fields still reek to me when I go to them. I still find I can not shake the smell of flame and blood. I go to places and the smell of decay jumps out at me, long after the bodies have been removed.

Yet like I said in my 20's I prayed for it to end, but it never did. Many people talk of grounding and protection and such to ward it or lesson it but that does not always work. I no longer fear it but I still draw no comfort from seeing it either. It is simply one facet of the path I walk.

Sorry this seemed to go off into la la land but I hope it answered your question.

daphnerose
February 4th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I didn't handle my abilities well at all until my late twenties. I was afraid of the dark, afraid to be alone, and hated seeing things that I knew everyone else couldn't see or hear. It honestly wasn't until I got the internet and was able to find information out about my abilities that I realized that it was not necessarily a scary thing, it was a gift. I then started meditating more and widening my skills.
Now I consider it just another part of who I am. I suppose for me its must been about accepting myself. Then learning how to deal with it.
daphne

Shanti
February 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Yes, how could I not be after seeing a freak accident that kills someone I know and I try but dont succeed in changing anything and I have to learn that just because I know something doesn't mean I am to always change it....
Yes I fear it sometimes. I dont want to know sad things I can not change, especially if someone is to die.

Meisopomenos
February 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Yes, and sometimes it gets too much when spirits start contacting me...

Especially when I am to inform someone of their deceased relative/friend, and have them start bawling like a baby and me reliving some of the events. *shudder*

keaira
February 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
To be honest yes I used to fear it a lot when I was younger. I didnt have the fortune when I was younger to have the support that I needed to deal with my gifts and as a result I feel it made me greatly misunderstood. I put a lot of effort into shutting off what I could not. Now I know who I am and I accept it. Sometimes things happen that still surprise me but I take it in stride.

Cassie
February 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Yes sometimes. More so in the past, only rarely now.

lil queenie
February 8th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Yes, I was and still am. I have no controll over it and what it shows my sometimes scares the living daylights out of me.

Christine50
February 9th, 2009, 06:18 AM
As a child, I had the ability to see things before they happened. I never gave it much thought, chalking it up to coincidence. As a teenager though I began to sense when people were going to die and it seemed, like I was always the last one to spend time with them either at the hospital, home or on the phone. Sometimes I refused to leave the house because I sensed danger and after awhile it was hard to seperate paranoia from the real thing.

The day my mother died, I was laying in bed, looking out the window, it was fall, my mother loved the fall and there was a light breeze blowing and its as if I knew mom had gone, the phone rang at that point. I was afraid after that and really tried to shut down my ability as it seemed to circle around death. But it didn't.

I remember looking into my freinds eyes and it was if he told me he was going to die, he did, a few days later. Other incidents involved people I didn't even know and I could sense death around them.

I don't know how I stopped it but now, I believe, I have supressed it enough that I may have lost it and would really like to learn how to use it instead of sufficating it. I just don't know how to get it back....

EmeraldEmpress
February 25th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Yes, yes I am and sometimes it is an annoyance to me when I'm unable shut things out.

~Audra~
February 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM
annoyed, perhaps...especially as of late...never really afraid...

when i was a kid, before i had any idea of what was going on, i was a bit afraid...but it was an exciting kind of fear...like the kind you get when you're climbing a mountain...like "wow...this is cool"...it wasn't until i had my first OBE that i felt real fear...but once i found out what it was (that i wasn't dead) it didn't scare me much at all...i've always had a clear understanding that my "abilities" come from within me...it's the things that come from without that scare the shit out of me... :uhhuhuh: